waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Rock on Gabacha! I'm glad all went well. I can't wait to hear what she's going to post because i'm sure it'll be nuts! haha!

As for me, Edgar and I are packing up our apartment and we expect to move out tomorrow. We're going to spend five days with his mother in Cancun before heading off to the USA on thursday. We're nervous but excited. We're hoping he gets the temporary work permit at Immigration at the Detroit airport. (fingers crossed)

I am happy to report that Edgar and I have been taking a TON of pictures - we don't want any more problems with that!

Good luck to all!

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for the congrats! Everything went fairly smoothly, and we're now back in Rhode Island together. He screwed up several questions at the interview, but still was approved! :)

I will write with more details later, but right now I'm playing catch up!

My one question about AOS...I know that you have to include stuff about the medical, right? Well, we have nothing but the X-ray. Of course, he took the black package to the interview, the agent opened it and took out what she needed to include in the brown package for the POE, and the agent at the border kept everything in the package. This makes me think that I'm going to have to pay for another medical here.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
My one question about AOS...I know that you have to include stuff about the medical, right? Well, we have nothing but the X-ray. Of course, he took the black package to the interview, the agent opened it and took out what she needed to include in the brown package for the POE, and the agent at the border kept everything in the package. This makes me think that I'm going to have to pay for another medical here.

Nope - everything will be forwarded from the point of entry. You only need proof of vaccinations - form I-693.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

How was everyone's POE at Juarez/El Paso ? My wife hates the border patrol there because they are rude and disrespectful to Mexicans. They are nice to me only because I am an American but all her friends and family are usually treated bad especially if the officers are Mexican. My wife's family and friends are all middle class just like most of us Americans but they say the border patrol treats all Mexicans like low class people. I can't wait until my wife has her US citizenship and crosses the border then I won't have to hold my tongue when they are disrespectful to her. She always tells me to be calm and do not say anything because they have the power to take any visa away whenever they like.

Timeline

We didn't have any problems at POE...a lovely woman named Paez took care of our paperwork. She did question us a bit, but it seemed to be in the form of a conversation...I told her that we were headed to Rhode Island and she asked Edgar if he'd ever been there. Obviously trying to get info, but it was no problem. I told her that we were going to tour around AZ and NM, and she recommended White Sands and printed out a map for us. Edgar's sense of geography sucks, and she spent a couple minutes with us looking at a map of the US on the wall and chatting.

The guy we paid the $6 to was a bit brusque, but no real issues.

We also got stopped at two checkpoints, one on I10 after Las Cruces and another just north of Nogales. The guy at the first one was a d%ck and seemed to be about 13 years old. He was also a ####### to me, not just Edgar. The other one was polite and respectful and sent us of with a smile and a "Have a nice day" after checking his visa.

Hey all!

Edgar and I arrived at the Detroit airport and went together through the immigration line (usually it is seperated for US citizens and others) and the immigration guy was SO NICE to us. He congratulated us and was really polite. He told us that Edgar was free to work with the visa, and also stapled a little white piece of paper onto his passport, which was part of an immigration form that we filled out on the plane. I'm hoping we don't have any problems with that because we head to New York next week and we both need to find a JOB. Right now we're just relaxing with my family, who can't believe he's finally here!

I will let you know when we get married - we're thinking July 17th! Hope everyone has been well!

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline

Hello. According to the Internet, immigration sent something to us on June 19. I assume this is the NOA1. But it hasn't arrived. Does anybody know through what company they might send something to us? We live in Aguascalientes, Mexico.

Thanks,

Colby

Timeline
Hello. According to the Internet, immigration sent something to us on June 19. I assume this is the NOA1. But it hasn't arrived. Does anybody know through what company they might send something to us? We live in Aguascalientes, Mexico.

Thanks,

Colby

According to what -- the USCIS website where you are set up to receive case status? That can only be done when you have the case number from the back of your cancelled check or from your physical NOA1. Did they send you an email indicating the NOA1 was sent?

Also, NOAs are sent to the US citizen's US address. You don't receive anything in Mexico until the consulate has received the approved petition and the fiance packet has been sent out. In that case, it's sent to both the US petitioner and the foreign fiance, although in Mexico because of the mail system some people never get theirs. Both the consulate and USCIS sends everything regular US mail.

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. The thing on the computer says they have mailed us information. It doesn't specifically say NOA1. So maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. I just assumed.

The U.S. citizen (that's me) lives in Mexico. Does this mean I may never get anything they send me? Should I call and change my mailing address to my mom's address in the U.S.?

Thanks again,

Colby

Thanks,

Colby

According to what -- the USCIS website where you are set up to receive case status? That can only be done when you have the case number from the back of your cancelled check or from your physical NOA1. Did they send you an email indicating the NOA1 was sent?

Also, NOAs are sent to the US citizen's US address. You don't receive anything in Mexico until the consulate has received the approved petition and the fiance packet has been sent out. In that case, it's sent to both the US petitioner and the foreign fiance, although in Mexico because of the mail system some people never get theirs. Both the consulate and USCIS sends everything regular US mail.

Timeline

I'd definitely change your mailing address to your mom's address. The only thing that they'll send to Mexico is the fiance letter that goes to the non-USC. Everything else must be mailed within the US. As kitkat says, most fiances never receive anything at all, but my fiance seems to be one of the few who did. And it wasn't the complete packet, just the invitation letter.

Congratulations, Monica and Edgar! I take it you're getting married in NY?

We got married in Santa Fe last week. Unfortunately his ring (that we picked out in Santa Fe) is a piece of #######! Oh well, we'll get another sometime.

Timeline
Thanks for the reply. The thing on the computer says they have mailed us information. It doesn't specifically say NOA1. So maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. I just assumed.

The U.S. citizen (that's me) lives in Mexico. Does this mean I may never get anything they send me? Should I call and change my mailing address to my mom's address in the U.S.?

Thanks again,

Colby

What "thing on the computer" are you referring to? Did you previously receive a Notice of Action? Have you signed up for online case status updates at the USCIS site or did you receive an email? What did the message say?

No, you will never receive correspondence in Mexico from USCIS. That's why a US mailing address is required. Only the consulate in Mexico mails correspondence to the Mexican fiance Mexico and even than, it's only the fiance packet as Gabacha said.

Gabacha, CONGRATS married woman!

Timeline

Yea. I signed up for the online case status updates. The message said they received my I-129F request for a fiancee visa and they have mailed me something as of June 19 ... not those exact words, I'd have to look it up again. And then it said to follow any instructions that may be given. This is my first and only notice on the online thing I signed up for. The weird thing is it's all in Spanglish. Like the beginning part in English and bad worse-grammar-than-mine Spanish.

According to you and the post right before yours (sorry, I'm no good with names), I should change my mailing address to my mom's address in the U.S. It will be a bit of a drag since I don't live in the U.S. But, oh well. Everything about this is supposed to be a drag, right? So I'll call this week if I can find time to go to a phone.

Thanks again,

Colby

What "thing on the computer" are you referring to? Did you previously receive a Notice of Action? Have you signed up for online case status updates at the USCIS site or did you receive an email? What did the message say?

No, you will never receive correspondence in Mexico from USCIS. That's why a US mailing address is required. Only the consulate in Mexico mails correspondence to the Mexican fiance Mexico and even than, it's only the fiance packet as Gabacha said.

Gabacha, CONGRATS married woman!

Timeline
Yea. I signed up for the online case status updates. The message said they received my I-129F request for a fiancee visa and they have mailed me something as of June 19 ... not those exact words, I'd have to look it up again. And then it said to follow any instructions that may be given. This is my first and only notice on the online thing I signed up for. The weird thing is it's all in Spanglish. Like the beginning part in English and bad worse-grammar-than-mine Spanish.

Perhaps you should dig up that email and post it here.

Information from USCIS is sent in English and they are form letter emails.

The only time you might receive a gramatically incorrect email is if you have requested information from the Ciudad Juarez consulate directly and someone has written you a personal response.

Something does not make sense here.

You don't necessarily have to change your address, but it's highly unlikely you will actually receive any written correspondence from USCIS in Mexico due to the mail system and it's unclear if they actually send mail outside of the US (I think not).

Hey all!

Edgar and I arrived at the Detroit airport and went together through the immigration line (usually it is seperated for US citizens and others) and the immigration guy was SO NICE to us. He congratulated us and was really polite. He told us that Edgar was free to work with the visa, and also stapled a little white piece of paper onto his passport, which was part of an immigration form that we filled out on the plane. I'm hoping we don't have any problems with that because we head to New York next week and we both need to find a JOB. Right now we're just relaxing with my family, who can't believe he's finally here!

I will let you know when we get married - we're thinking July 17th! Hope everyone has been well!

Monica, be careful. He is not "free to work with the visa" unless he received a temporary work authorization stamp. The white paper is his I-94.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.