waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Congrats to you and your family, Pepito.

Why do people tend to get the blue paper?

Because, I suspect, most of the people there were illegal immigrants trying to get their visas. I was told it's pretty difficult to get a visa if you crossed illegally.

The blue slip is for something else i.e. missing documents. That's what people get when they need to return with those documents.

People with ineligibilities file waivers via an infopass appointment (if eligible)

Timeline
NOA2 on Saturday!!!!! I'm laughing and crying at same time!

CONGRATS!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Thanks! Now the REAL stress begins...making it through Juarez with a visa!

now that i've been through it, I can honestly say that if you're well prepared, it really isn't half as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe that will lessen your worries just a bit?

Timeline

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm very excited. I figure if everything goes well, he will be here in a month. I'm going to start getting documents together tomorrow and taking my intent to marry to get notarized and getting copies of my divorce decree and tax papers. I can just send copies of tax papers right?

Timeline
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm very excited. I figure if everything goes well, he will be here in a month. I'm going to start getting documents together tomorrow and taking my intent to marry to get notarized and getting copies of my divorce decree and tax papers. I can just send copies of tax papers right?

Copies of your tax returns are fine but you must include a copy of the W2s. If you are using tax transcripts direct from the IRS, no W2s needed.

There is zero reason to get your letter of intent notarized. Notarizing only confirms that it's your signature on the form - nothing more. And it's not in any way required so don't waste your time.

Timeline

Ok I won't worry about notarizing it then. I sent a notarized one with the I-129F. Do I need to send divorce decree since it was sent with the I-129F?

This is what I have:

3 years of taxes plus W-2's

Employment letter (that luckily I had made in advance)

His birth certificate

His passport

His G325A (don't need another for me?)

I even have a letter from the Police Dept (which I guess is not needed)

I am about to fill-in and print the forms from CDJ website now. Is it too early to print the one with bar code?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Ok I won't worry about notarizing it then. I sent a notarized one with the I-129F. Do I need to send divorce decree since it was sent with the I-129F?

This is what I have:

3 years of taxes plus W-2's

Employment letter (that luckily I had made in advance)

His birth certificate

His passport

His G325A (don't need another for me?)

I even have a letter from the Police Dept (which I guess is not needed)

I am about to fill-in and print the forms from CDJ website now. Is it too early to print the one with bar code?

at marco's interview, he asked about me being divorced, but when marco offered a copy of the paperwork he didn't want to see it.

it's never to early to fill out those forms online.

the only thing our guy wanted to see was photos, so make sure you have plenty!

Timeline

I think I have everything now. I don't see anywhere that it says he needs G325A, but it seems like I read on here recently that he needed it so I filled one out anyhow. I have all the forms that I mentioned above plus the forms from CDJ. I will go see him this week and have him sign all forms that need his signature except for the ones that he needs to sign there. Should I just wait on passport photos and have him do them there? I guess now all I need is the appt letter and a banamex receipt. I decided that we should go ahead and pay that here and put the receipt with the rest of his forms. I don't know yet if I will go with him due to financial stuff. I figure it would be cheaper for him to take the bus than for us to go together and take my car (gas prices, Mexican insurance, and of course...the unknown traveling that far out in the middle of no where.) He won't need a hotel because he has a sister in El Paso who owns a couple of houses in Juarez. I may have him take the bus from El Paso to Del Rio, but then again, I may go to El Paso. I don't know yet. Good grief....it's gonna be a long month!!! His passport expires in February 22, 2008, but I think we will just barely make the 6 month required before expiring. Can you think of anything else? I'd rather get all together now instead of waiting. Thanks guys!!!! I could never do this without you or VJ.

Timeline

So since I sent Divorce papers when I sent the petition, do you think it's not necessary that I send them again? I have two divorces from the same idiot and that's a lot of paper!

Timeline
So since I sent Divorce papers when I sent the petition, do you think it's not necessary that I send them again? I have two divorces from the same idiot and that's a lot of paper!

He should have a complete copy of everything you sent for the petition. New 325As are not required.

Other than that, he should have each of the forms in the fiance packet, created online with the barcode - some cannot be signed in advance so be sure you read that part carefully: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfcdj400.pdf

If petitioner or fiancée have been married previously, must bring original and photocopy of proof of termination or dissolution of each such prior marriage.

Timeline

So he DOES need copies of my divorce decrees? What about my birth certificate and passport. I am only willing to send copies of those and not originals. Does he need copies of the I-129F also? If I send originals of my divorce decrees (married same idiot twice..I know, I'm stupid), how can I ensure that I receive them back? I am having a lot of problems with my ex and I don't wanna part with the originals. Do you think the financial stuff I have is sufficient?

I'm sorry. I know I must be getting on your nerves with all these questions, I just wanna make sure I get it right. I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions too. Please be patient with me!

Timeline
So he DOES need copies of my divorce decrees? What about my birth certificate and passport. I am only willing to send copies of those and not originals. Does he need copies of the I-129F also? If I send originals of my divorce decrees (married same idiot twice..I know, I'm stupid), how can I ensure that I receive them back? I am having a lot of problems with my ex and I don't wanna part with the originals. Do you think the financial stuff I have is sufficient?

I'm sorry. I know I must be getting on your nerves with all these questions, I just wanna make sure I get it right. I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions too. Please be patient with me!

vismaster, the CDJ site says you need originals and copies of the divorce decrees. It's unlikely they would want to keep the original, but they will probably take a copy since being "free to marry" is a big requirement. You don't need to send YOUR birth certificate or passport but many of us did send a copy of our birth certificates to be safe. (They didn't take mine). A complete copy of the I-129F is also a precaution - if there is something they need from that package i.e. the divorce decree, he would have it there and available which will help to avoid any unnecessary delays.

On the financial, be sure you follow the instructions - the more you have, the better:

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfof167.pdf

PETITIONER’S / APPLICANT’S OWN FUNDS

The petitioner/applicant who expects to be able to meet the public charge provisions of the law through personal

financial resources may submit to the consular evidence of funds or income from one or more of the following

sources:

1. Statement from a senior officer of a bank showing present balance of petitioner’s / applicant’s account, date

account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the past 12 months, and

the average balance during the year (if there have been recent unusually large deposits, an explanation

therefore should be given);

2. Proof of ownership of property or real state, in the form of a title, deed or the equivalent, and a letter from a

lawyer, banker or responsible real estate agent showing its present valuation (any mortgages or loans

against the property must be stated);

3. Letter or letters verifying ownership of stocks and bonds, with present market value or expected earnings

indicated;

4. Statement from insurance company showing policies held and present cash surrender value;

5. Proof of income from business investments or other sources.

Good luck Melissa y Edgar! It sounds like you're all set. No reason to panic, I'm sure everything will go fine! Suerte!

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.