waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes Janet hang in there!! Things will work out I promise! In my opinion, long distance is realllly rough. I don't really recommend it. Alex and I have been doing it for not even a year now, and we've almost called it quits a dozen times. We see each other every few months and it's a very strange feeling. I feel like I have two separate lives, one here and one in Mexico. We have considered border living, but since I started a Master's degree that means I would probably have to drop out of school. Which I feel like doing sometimes but I haven't yet!

I agree with Kitkat and Gabacha, living in Mexico can be really great! I lived in Guadalajara for a year and LOVED it. A very pretty city with friendly people. I worked teaching English and made anywhere from 600-1000 dollars a month. Which is pretty low compared to US standards, but looking back it was one of the most fun times of my life. Once things settle down you will get a good idea of which option is best for you.

Janet, once you get passed the emotional shock of this and are able to think more logically, you'll come to realize there is nothing you can do to change this (as Laurel said). But that doesn't mean that your life is over or that you two shouldn't be together. It means you will have to make some changes in the name of love. I've been doing it for the past year and a half, spending the majority of my time in Mexico. Away from my friends and family, but with the love of my life. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Sure it was a lot of work for me to arrange things so I could be here in Mexico for really extended periods of time, but I did it. And you will too.

Alex & Maria

AmOr A lA mExIcAnA

February 14th: Sent in I-129F packet

February 27th: Notice Date of NOA1

April 27th: Approved! NOA2

May 15th: Case sent to Ciudad Juarez Consulate! (called the National Visa Center, still no official

notice)

Timeline

WOW, I've missed a lot since I last logged on Monday.

Congrats Marco and Stephanie. I am very happy for you.

Janet, I am sooooo sorry. Stay strong!!!!!!

Well, I have been in Hermosillo since Tuesday visiting my fiancee and working. We are flying to Juarez on Monday and attending the medical on Tuesday. By any chance, will any one else be there? We are staying at the La Playa hotel.

After reading all these posts, I've realized that things do happen. Hopefully, we will not have any hiccups while we are there. BTW, does anyone know if the La Playa hotel has Wi-Fi internet access? If something does go sour, I would like to post here for any of your help.

AOS

7/27/07: Mailed AOS package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

7/29/07: Package was delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Day 1)

8/30/07: NOA1 received (I-485, I-765, I-131)(Day 33)

9/4/07: Checks Cleared (Day 38)

10/5/07: Biometrics (Day 69)

10/18/07: AP & EAD Approved (Day 82)

1/9/08: AOS Interview (Day 165)

1/9/08: RFE, need to provide I-693A (Day 165)

2/7/08: I-485 Approved (Day 194)

Timeline

We are exploring our options right now. It's pretty important that I maintain my house while this is going on because it will only be an asset later. The real estate market is really bad right now. He is going to hang in Juarez and get a job until we decide what to do.

If he can relocate to Montreal that only puts him 10 hours away from me driving and you better believe I will do that every weekend, it's better than Acapulco!

If anyone, anyone knows someone in Toronto or Montreal who may be able to help us out for a few weeks please let me know. If I can get him there and get him into a place and get some work we can make it through this without having to lose everything.

So many changes right now, I hope we can survivie it.

The embassy did get back to me though, I argued that their medical results where incorrect. Doubt it will do any good but it's worth the try.

I offered to prove to them that he is in no way a drug user and that I would pay for any kind of test to prove it. whatever.

I feel a lot better today. We actually got to see each other on camera MSN and it was good, back to flashing each other LOL.

Feeling better today.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Damn it, mfarmer, ANOTHER VJer that I'm going to miss seeing in Juarez. Nope, I won't be there next Monday, but the Monday after that.

I'm really glad that Heina and Maria are chiming in.

It's funny...I think that the long distance thing is harder on Edgar than on me. The first period we were apart (when our relationship was VERY new) was torture. I think mainly because it was so new and I wasn't really sure of the relationship. But after living together for five years, I really thought when I moved back to the States, it'd be the end of us. And in fact, I considered it so often. But he's mellowed so much and I'm not nearly the freak show that I was when living in Cancun.

When I was in Cancun, I was making anywhere between $10,000 and $12,000 pesos a month teaching English. I could have made more, but I didn't want to work more than 6 hours a day and the occasional Saturday session.

At this point, I feel like I could permanently move back to Mexico, but I'd need more time to get my plans and connection solidified. Plus I'm like Maria and would kick myself if I had to leave grad school, although at the rate I'm going at one class per semester, I'm never going to finish.

I guess my point is...there are lots of happy and successful people who have moved to different parts of Mexico and done well. One woman I know in Cancun moved down there with her husband to wait out his ban three years ago, and last I heard, she's going to naturalize. So once all the wild emotions aren't at the forefront, there are workable solutions. It seems the people that suffer the most from separation and/or moving to Mexico are those who find it a really scary place.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline

Janet, I'm glad you're feeling better. Skype and webcams can work wonders. And it certainly doesn't hurt to be talking to the consulate. In the meantime, if you don't want to rent your house or if it's not an option and you are thinking about Canada, I suggest you read the posts on I2us from people who have done this. It looks like he would need a work visa first or he wouldn't be able to work -- here's a link to information on temp. work visas.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.html

A recent thread is here: http://immigrate2us.net/forum/viewtopic.ph...ghlight=#148381

Timeline

I just called a taxista to get prices for transportation. I get in at 8:30 pm and Edgar at 10:30. He said that to pick me up at the airport, then pick up Edgar at the Juarez airport and go to the hotel, he'd charge $65. He also said that if my flight comes in on time, then he'd could take me to the hotel to check in and drop stuff off and then go on to get Edgar, but if not, we'd go directly from ELP to CDJ airport.

Does that sound like a reasonable price?

Timeline
I just called a taxista to get prices for transportation. I get in at 8:30 pm and Edgar at 10:30. He said that to pick me up at the airport, then pick up Edgar at the Juarez airport and go to the hotel, he'd charge $65. He also said that if my flight comes in on time, then he'd could take me to the hotel to check in and drop stuff off and then go on to get Edgar, but if not, we'd go directly from ELP to CDJ airport.

Does that sound like a reasonable price?

It sounds very reasonable since the Holiday Inn Lincoln (which is one block from the consulate) says $50 from the airport to hotel.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/h.../transportation

El paso international airport (ELP)

Distance: 9 MI / 14.48 KM South to Hotel

Taxi Charge (one way): $50.00 (USD)

Time by taxi: 20 minutes

Timeline

Que nervios! I keep thinking...this is the last Monday in my apartment before my life changes forever...this is the last episode of Wife Swap I'll be able to watch again without having to wrestle for the remote.

Just reserved a room at El Meson de Maruca for 450 pesos a night, and got so nervous, my Spanish suddenly became atrocious.

Timeline

Well, my fiancee and I traveled to Juarez today. The taxi from the Juarez airport to the La Playa hotel was only 220 pesos. The La Playa hotel is not the greatest and costs about 530 pesos per night (I think Red Roof Inns are nicer, if that tells you anything). I did manage to find a Wifi signal from somewhere. The medical place is right across the street and I think the consulate is next door. We didn't walk around much because it was raining.

Tomorrow we will go for medical. I will keep you guys/gals posted.

Adios mis amigos!

AOS

7/27/07: Mailed AOS package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

7/29/07: Package was delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Day 1)

8/30/07: NOA1 received (I-485, I-765, I-131)(Day 33)

9/4/07: Checks Cleared (Day 38)

10/5/07: Biometrics (Day 69)

10/18/07: AP & EAD Approved (Day 82)

1/9/08: AOS Interview (Day 165)

1/9/08: RFE, need to provide I-693A (Day 165)

2/7/08: I-485 Approved (Day 194)

Timeline
Well, my fiancee and I traveled to Juarez today. The taxi from the Juarez airport to the La Playa hotel was only 220 pesos. The La Playa hotel is not the greatest and costs about 530 pesos per night (I think Red Roof Inns are nicer, if that tells you anything). I did manage to find a Wifi signal from somewhere. The medical place is right across the street and I think the consulate is next door. We didn't walk around much because it was raining.

Tomorrow we will go for medical. I will keep you guys/gals posted.

Adios mis amigos!

Good luck Marty!

Gabacha, when is the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

good luck MARTY!!!

Just got Leo's EAD approval via email!! YEAH.

and today is his birthday!

Hopefully job hunt will go quickly and smoothly!

:dance::dance:

Allie

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Timeline
good luck MARTY!!!

Just got Leo's EAD approval via email!! YEAH.

and today is his birthday!

Hopefully job hunt will go quickly and smoothly!

:dance::dance:

Allie

Congrats Allie. SO glad this part of the process is going so much more smoothly for you two!

Timeline

Congrats Allie! Felicidades!

For anyone going to the interview, remember to prep your fiance BEFORE THE MEDICAL, DON'T GET SCREWED LIKE WE DID, YOU NEVER TRIED ANY KIND OF DRUG IN YOUR LIFE, NEVER NEVER NEVER, DON'T MESS THIS UP. WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SO EASY TURNED OUR LIVES UPSIDE DOWN, DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE! THEY WILL TRY TO SCARE YOU, JUST IGNORE IT, THEY LIED TO MY FIANCE AND TOLD HIM "OH IT'S OK, NOTHING IS GOING TO AFFECT YOUR VISA IF YOU ARE HONEST" THEY LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE!

Don't do it!!!!!! Prep your fiances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.