waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think what I am going to do now is an idea that Lucy gave me. I know that I cannot be apart from Edgar for 3 years, that is definitely OUT. I can however, secure a job in El Paso and live with Edgar in Juarez until the 3 year ban is up. We can get married and be together, this is what I think we should do.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline

Hi everyone! I haven't posted on here in a while, but I've been lurking around the boards lately reading about everyone's experiences in Juarez. Congrats to all who have been approved recently! To Janet and Edgar - I'm really sorry about your denial. My fiance and I are also in the same situation. It makes me sick to my stomach to see that this continues to happen. I contacted a lawyer a few months ago who confirmed that there is indeed no waiver for supposed "drug addiction." But the lawyer did tell me that the people responsible for this silly policy is actually the CDC (Center for Disease Control) This is the address:

Division of Global Migration and Quarantine

National Center for Infectious Diseases

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

1600 Clifton Road, Mailstop E-03 Atlanta, GA 30333

I encourage anyone who thinks that their policy is unfair to write a letter. It's pretty much the only avenue we have at this point. I don't know if they will actually listen, but maybe if we flood their mailboxes something will actually change. I laugh at this whole thing because Alex had a laser tourist visa (which they took away during his interview). Our first idea was just to marry on that.... but noooo, I didn't want any trouble, I wanted to be everything to be legal and legit. And my innocent fiance thought that telling the truth during his medical wouldn't be a big deal. We were punished for trying to follow the law and for being honest. Just further proof that our immigration system is broken.....

Ok, enough ranting, good luck to everyone who is coming up for an interview. And remember, stay mum about drugs!!

I think what I am going to do now is an idea that Lucy gave me. I know that I cannot be apart from Edgar for 3 years, that is definitely OUT. I can however, secure a job in El Paso and live with Edgar in Juarez until the 3 year ban is up. We can get married and be together, this is what I think we should do.

Alex & Maria

AmOr A lA mExIcAnA

February 14th: Sent in I-129F packet

February 27th: Notice Date of NOA1

April 27th: Approved! NOA2

May 15th: Case sent to Ciudad Juarez Consulate! (called the National Visa Center, still no official

notice)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

According to Kitkat, this is the policy:

Directly quoted from Warren Janssen:

Persons who admit during the medical exam to using an illegal drug within the last three years, or who are found with these substances in their system after drug screening, are inadmissible as drug abusers. There is an exception for mere experimentation (single use).

so maybe you can request further consideration of your cased based on it being just experimental use.

Timeline

Persons who admit during the medical exam to using an illegal drug within the last three years, or who are found with these substances in their system after drug screening, are inadmissible as drug abusers. There is an exception for mere experimentation (single use).

so maybe you can request further consideration of your cased based on it being just experimental use.

how would I do that?

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline

how would I do that?

this is what kitkat has to say about it:

his makes NO sense. They did a urine test and obviously it was clean. The policy is 3 years.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2005,1215-wheeler.shtm

Janet, now is the time to call American Citizen Services in CDJ and also attorney Laurel Scott (www.visacentral.net). She is well aware of fraudulent tactics at CDJ (see below) and she will tell you what to do. Call her NOW.

This is from Laurel's chat today:

malady: Laurel, Good Morning and God Bless you. There has been some speculation over the Doctors in Juarez claiming they have a blood test that willl trace drugs and alcohol as far back as three years....is that possible?

Laurel: AILA is aware of this tactic. It is fraudulent. There is no blood test that can trace drug use back more than a few days. If they test your hair, they can find some drug use going back for months, depending on how long your hair is, but your hair would have to be at least 18 inches long for them to go back three years and they dont' test hair anyway.

Timeline

Yes, I would contact Laurel Scott. Her consultation fee is $100 I think. I'm not sure if the one time exception applies for the past 3 years or if it's for his whole life. It just depends what your fiance confessed to. Does he have documentation of what he told the psychologist? I know they gave my fiance a slip of paper that stated how often he was smoking and had the recommendations for rehabilitation.

how would I do that?

Alex & Maria

AmOr A lA mExIcAnA

February 14th: Sent in I-129F packet

February 27th: Notice Date of NOA1

April 27th: Approved! NOA2

May 15th: Case sent to Ciudad Juarez Consulate! (called the National Visa Center, still no official

notice)

Timeline

Actually Laurel Scott called me this morning and I spoke to her about it. She said there's really nothing we can do.

June 5, 2007 - Medical

Timeline
Actually Laurel Scott called me this morning and I spoke to her about it. She said there's really nothing we can do.

Janet, I assume that means that the December "incident" was not "experimentation". Something else must have happened at his psych interview where he admitted to having tried pot more than once. In any event, it's certainly doable to live in CDJ and work in El Paso. There are people on www.immigrate2us.net who have done that or are doing it now. I would highly recommend getting in touch with the user Adriane there as she lives in CDJ now and works in El Paso while they wait out the waiver process. I'm sure she will offer you guidance and advice.

Hang in there . . .

p.s. AlexandMaria, glad to see you around!

Timeline

That's correct, he said he experimented 5 years ago which would have been fine but it was the fact that he mentioned smoking in December is what killed it.

June 5, 2007 - Medical

Timeline

I feel so helpless, if there was a way I could convince them it was only 5 years ago and never again I would but I have no idea how I could do that. I know I am having a nervous breakdown, I can't even work and I just want to walk out of this job. I feel like my life is ruined. Poor Edgar is suffering so badly - I can't see him and there isn't anything I can do for him. I may fly to El Paso tonight but I'm really putting myself in the red financially.

Oh my god I cannot believe this has happened, I am sick to my stomach.

Words cannot describe to any of you how I feel guys - I just feel like I am never going to see the sunshine again. I have to try and stay strong for Edgar - he is suffering so badly. We are suffering so badly.

June 5, 2007 - Medical

Timeline
I feel so helpless, if there was a way I could convince them it was only 5 years ago and never again I would but I have no idea how I could do that. I know I am having a nervous breakdown, I can't even work and I just want to walk out of this job. I feel like my life is ruined. Poor Edgar is suffering so badly - I can't see him and there isn't anything I can do for him. I may fly to El Paso tonight but I'm really putting myself in the red financially.

Oh my god I cannot believe this has happened, I am sick to my stomach.

Words cannot describe to any of you how I feel guys - I just feel like I am never going to see the sunshine again. I have to try and stay strong for Edgar - he is suffering so badly. We are suffering so badly.

Janet, if I were you, I would go to Mexico now. You two need to be together now. Once the shock of this has passed, you two can start to make a plan to live together in CDJ while you work in El Paso. It's definitely doable and while you both understandably feel horrible now, this will pass and you can deal with it. Yes, it's a huge setback, but you can be together during this and that's the best news of all. I really think you should contact Adriane from immigrate2us.net and see what guidance she can offer you about living there. Best of luck to both of you.

Timeline

Just a thought...but is there any compelling reason for you to live in Juarez as opposed to Acapulco? You'll probably both need to work, and I can't imagine that the job market would be too promising for him in Juarez, whereas in Acapulco, there's a steady stream of tourists. And working in Aca might not be too lucrative for you, but you could get creative depending on your background. Or at least consider teaching English or gulp, selling time share.

While I'm sure Juarez has it's charms (I don't know, never been), it's kind of in the middle of nowhere while Aca is close to lots of other cool places. It'd probably be difficult to make ends meet, but for me, the quality of life would be much higher in Guerrero.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline

All of the border towns have maquilas where he could work. I think it would be easier for Janet living in a border town where she could cross everyday and make American dollars. Their expenses in living in Mexico would be small and she could probably bank most of her money (or live very well in Mexico). My concern would be the crime rate and drama in Juarez and El Paso. There are other border towns that might not be as bad to live in. I trust that Janet and Edgar will make the best choice for them. Of course, take anything I say with a grain of salt because I am certainly no expert. I wish you both the best....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Actually....visamaster is right, and depending on their backgrouds of course, they both might have better chances of finding better paid jobs in the border since there are lots of American companies that have their manufacturing plants there- the maquiladoras, not only in Juarez but in most border cities, so she could find a job at one of these plants and work and live in the mexican side with him. Quality of life of course is a different story, border towns are not known for being the best part of the country in terms of natural beauty or nice places to spend your time, but at least you'll be together and hopefully both will have jobs to make ends meet.

BTW Janet, I'm really sorry to hear about Edgar's visa :( I hope things get better for you guys. Both of you have to be strong, and as KK said, put together a plan to be together and work through this situation.

Edited by E&K

May 1996: Met in Mexico
K1
March 7th, 2006: Sent 129F to NSC
March 9th, 2006: NOA1 Day 1
June 15th, 2006: Notice of transfer to CSC
October 3rd, 2006: IMBRA RFE e-mail
October 17th, 2006 CSC e-mail confirming RFE receipt.
October 18th, 2006: NOA2!!!!!!!! 224 days!
October 25th, 2006: NVC received file
November 10th, 2006: Received Packet from CDJ
January 5th, 2007: Visa approved!!!! 302 days!
February 16th, 2007: Civil Ceremony
AOS
February 21st, 2007: Mailed AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago
March 1st, 2007: NOA1 - Day 1
March 26th, 2007: I-485 transferred to CSC - Day 25
March 30th, 2007: Biometrics appointment - Day 29
April 14th, 2007: Big Wedding!!!!
May 8th, 2007: AP Approved - Day 68
May 10th, 2007: EAD Approved- Day 70
September 20th, 2007: SECOND Biometrics appointment - Day 203
December 4th, 2007: AOS approved!!!! 278 days!
December 10th, 2007: Received GC - Day 284
Removal of Conditions
August 31st, 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC
September 2nd, 2009: NOA1 - Day 1
October 15th, 2009: Biometrics appointment - Day 44
October 26th, 2009: 10 year GC approved!! - Day 55
October 31st, 2009: Received GC - Day 60

NATURALIZATION

May 7th, 2013: Mailed N-400

May 9th, 2013: NOA1 - Day 1

June 10th, 2013: Biometrics Appointment - Day 33

September 5th, 2013: Interview - Day

September 27th, 2013: Oath Ceremony- Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.