waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! GREAT NEWS! YOUR TURN TO CELEBRATE!

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
WE GOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!i'M CRYING!

:dance::dance::dance: Felicidades! :luv:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Congrats! I know you're excited! When will he be going home to you?

I twas supposed to be early july, but now that he's got the visa he says he wants to hurry up and get over here :)

I feel so weird, like I've been so stressed for so long that I'm not even sure how to react.

Timeline

I knew that he'd move up his date...I should have bet something really good on that one.

Anywho, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline

Marco's day at the Consulate.

He arrived at 7:00 am. They had already been letting people in. He waited about 15 minutes and then he was in. He didn't think that it was a big deal about hats, backpacks, metal, keys, etc. The only problem are electronics.

He went in at 7:15 and he had to show his appointment letter. You walk into building A, where some people are waiting. In that area they take your invitation letter and give you your ficha. He was 4,126 and a taxi driver told him that they're attending 3000 to 4000 people a day there. There wasn't another line for him to wait in at the entrance, just one for everybody.

At 8:00 he already had his ficha for his turn. It's weird because it's not in order. It doesn't matter what time you get in, the numbers are random. It's NOT first come first served. There was a guy who got there at 4:30 in the morning and he went in two guys before Marco, and a guy who got there before Marco went in way after him.

They called him at 10:00. He turned in his documents. They asked for the

DS-156

DS-156K

DS-157

the letter stating why I wasn't there

My letter of intent to marry him

His letter of intent

His passport

The receipt

The photos

I-134

he signed everything right there

The guy was really nice. He seemed latino.

They also open up your medical exam folder. They only give him back his x-rays, everything else they took.

He had to go back to the waiting room and 15 minutes later they called him to take his fingerprints (just his index fingers). As soon as they took his prints they sent him to building B. He was there by 10:30 in the waiting room. Then they didn't call him until 1:30.

The guy at this stop was really gringo, with a gringo accent. He was really nice. He asked him how he was. Then he made him swear that everything he was going to say was true. He already had all of his documents ready. He started checking all his paperwork. He asked who had done it and he told hi the two of us.

Then he asked for our pictures and sort of looked at the album quickly. He only looked at the one of Uxmal because he had been there recently. Marco told him that it was really nice. Then he returned the album.

Next he asked how we met.

He just sort of leafed through everything. When he came to my divorce paperwork he asked if I had been married before. Marco offered him the original but he didn't want to see it. He read it over. Then he looked at my financial paperwork. He asked what I taught. He looked over the I129-F. He didn't ask for any other proof besides the photos. Murphy's law, because we had a ton.

He looked over his medical exam and put ok on all the sheets. He stapled everything in a packet and told him that his visa was authorized. He smiled and that was that. He wasn't even in with him for 10 minutes total!

He was waiting again by 1:40. At 3:20 they called him to give him his passport with the visa. They also gave him the famous envelope and explained that the visa is only good for one entrance, when it expires, etc.

That was it. They told him congratulations :) and he went on his merry way!

The only problem was the waiting waiting waiting

Timeline

They actually ASKED for a letter of why you weren't there or he offered it? I ask because I have never heard of that before. Since it's their policy that no fiances are allowed and I've never read that they recommend a letter, I'm shocked! I only wrote the letter because I figured if they asked where I was, I wanted something "official" for my fiance to be able to give them. Weird. Anyway, glad it went so smoothly!

Timeline
They actually ASKED for a letter of why you weren't there or he offered it? I ask because I have never heard of that before. Since it's their policy that no fiances are allowed and I've never read that they recommend a letter, I'm shocked! I only wrote the letter because I figured if they asked where I was, I wanted something "official" for my fiance to be able to give them. Weird. Anyway, glad it went so smoothly!

Well, the actual language he used is tomaron......

so I'm not sure.

They could have asked or he could have offered.

Regardless, it was incredilby painless. For him at least, me I was a nervous wreck all day.

Thank goodness that it's over, and Kit Kat, may I just say again how invaluable your help is to all of us here. Even Marco suggested us going into the ONG business with you :)

Edited by tijuanahilton

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

PSA to all the beautiful girlies present and future of CDJ:

IT DOES NOT BENEFIT YOUR FIANCE/HUSBAND IN ANY WAY TO BE HONEST ABOUT PREVIOUS DRUG USE. I'M REFERRING TO DRUG USE THAT'S FAR IN THE PAST (NOT LIKE LAST WEEK). THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER. IF YOU DON'T MIND SPENDING AN EXTRA 3 YEARS APART FOR SOMETHING THAT'S NOT YOUR FAULT, BY ALL MEANS BE HONEST.

Sorry for the all caps. I just think this is really important for everyone to get into their minds and realize. Essentially, if it's not an ACTUAL CURRENT problem, there's no reason to suffer a punishment you don't deserve.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

First, Congratulations TijuanaHilton, I am very happy for the both of you Felicidades!

For our case, I see no hope. Lucy and I spoke to Edgar awhile back and told him that under no circumstances was Edgar to mention anything about drugs. Why on earth he would volunteer that information is beyond me and I am overcome with grief, I hope I don't get fired because I called out of work today as well. My hands are shaking so much I can hardly type. I got in touch with a VJ'er named Heina who had the same problem, I am going to speak to her tonight on the phone.

When Edgar told me about the medical two days ago is when I really lost it, inconsolable. I found out that he told them that he smoked a joint in December 2006 so that pretty much puts the icing on the cake. It's done and there is absolutely NOTHING I can do.

I have changed my whole life preparing for this day and now I feel like my whole world is now upside down. We have to get Edgar back home to Acapulco, he's talking to people now about crossing over anyway. Canada might be an option however, I have my house here and I don't know the first thing about trying to become a Canadian citizen. I could move to Mexico but I would lose everything that I have here.

I really don't see any options now for us, I just feel like my whole world crashed in the past two days and I am a mess. I just don't see anything I can do at this point.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
First, Congratulations TijuanaHilton, I am very happy for the both of you Felicidades!

For our case, I see no hope. Lucy and I spoke to Edgar awhile back and told him that under no circumstances was Edgar to mention anything about drugs. Why on earth he would volunteer that information is beyond me and I am overcome with grief, I hope I don't get fired because I called out of work today as well. My hands are shaking so much I can hardly type. I got in touch with a VJ'er named Heina who had the same problem, I am going to speak to her tonight on the phone.

When Edgar told me about the medical two days ago is when I really lost it, inconsolable. I found out that he told them that he smoked a joint in December 2006 so that pretty much puts the icing on the cake. It's done and there is absolutely NOTHING I can do.

I have changed my whole life preparing for this day and now I feel like my whole world is now upside down. We have to get Edgar back home to Acapulco, he's talking to people now about crossing over anyway. Canada might be an option however, I have my house here and I don't know the first thing about trying to become a Canadian citizen. I could move to Mexico but I would lose everything that I have here.

I really don't see any options now for us, I just feel like my whole world crashed in the past two days and I am a mess. I just don't see anything I can do at this point.

Please please please don't freak out just yet. I know exactly how you are feeling right at this moment. It's important to just take a little time to figure something out. We'll talk this evening.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline
I found out that he told them that he smoked a joint in December 2006 so that pretty much puts the icing on the cake. It's done and there is absolutely NOTHING I can do.

Janet, this certainly clarifies why he was denied. It's great that you can connect with Heina. It's true that there is nothing you can do for now, but certainly you can reapply in three years. In the meantime, is there any way for you to move there? You won't lose everything - you can rent your house!

Timeline
I found out that he told them that he smoked a joint in December 2006 so that pretty much puts the icing on the cake. It's done and there is absolutely NOTHING I can do.

Janet, this certainly clarifies why he was denied. It's great that you can connect with Heina. It's true that there is nothing you can do for now, but certainly you can reapply in three years. In the meantime, is there any way for you to move there? You won't lose everything - you can rent your house!

Well I just ended such a long fight with my house with my ex-husband. It's literally the first month that I am handling the bills on my own. I really don't know what I am going to do now. I need to think about what we are going to do.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.