Tahoma

Chinook completed her biometrics one week early

14 posts in this topic

On a lark, Chinook and I drove down to the DHS Seattle office yesterday (Monday) to see if she could get her naturalization biometrics completed earlier than scheduled.

Her appointment wasn't until next Monday. Fortunately, they allowed her to complete her biometrics yesterday.

We arrived there shortly after 330 pm. The USCIS waiting area, which has about 150 seats, was empty except for two other people. All of the USCIS people, except for two biometrics employees already had gone home.

The waiting room scene was rather eerie because the other times we were there it was filled with people. Now, you could hear a pin drop.

Inside the biometrics waiting area, there were only two more people. It seems that the last biometrics appointment for the day was scheduled for 330 pm.

Chinook was the last one that day to get her biometrics done. She finished up a few minutes before 400 pm. Thank you, USCIS. :thumbs:

It's a good thing she completed her biometrics yesterday, because the Seattle DHS office charges $7 to park, and there's nowhere else to park except in their parking lot, and we really didn't want to pay for parking again next week.

Maybe now Chinook will receive her interview appointment one week earlier... :)

I will sleep better at night now for knowing that. Thanks. :thumbs:

I am sure Tahoma is thrilled to have assisted you in anyway he could. :no: No probably not.

Hey Tahoma did chinook have an interview for her AOS and ROC? Monreal did not have to have an interview for her AOS but i didnt know if they always interviewd for ROC. I have heard of a few people not have to interview for AOS. Did Chinook interview for ROC?

Congratulations, Tahoma! :thumbs:

It's always great when things go smoothly.

Yeah, there is only paid parking there. But I have seen a few cars park across the street. There is a small empty lot about 50 feet up the street from the auto body shop. I've seen the driver and passengers cross the street and enter the field office building. IMHO, it's not really convenient parking there. But...if a spot is available...you'd save a few bucks. :lol:

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

I will sleep better at night now for knowing that. Thanks. :thumbs:

...and I'll sleep better at night knowing that you are sleeping better at night! B-)

You've got to love it when things work out like that.

Yeah...it made our day. :yes:

After we were done with the biometrics, we celebrated by eating dinner in Chinatown...mmm...mmm...good!

I am sure Tahoma is thrilled to have assisted you in anyway he could. :no: No probably not.

Hey Tahoma did chinook have an interview for her AOS and ROC? Monreal did not have to have an interview for her AOS but i didnt know if they always interviewd for ROC. I have heard of a few people not have to interview for AOS. Did Chinook interview for ROC?

Hi P(918)...You're lucky that you and Monreal didn't have to interview for AOS. Chinook and I had an AOS interview. The interviewer claimed that all K-1 AOS cases that get sent to the Seattle office will get interviewed. However, we did not have an interview to remove conditions. It's my understanding that relatively few ROC cases are interviewed.

Congratulations, Tahoma! :thumbs:

It's always great when things go smoothly.

Yeah, there is only paid parking there. But I have seen a few cars park across the street. There is a small empty lot about 50 feet up the street from the auto body shop. I've seen the driver and passengers cross the street and enter the field office building. IMHO, it's not really convenient parking there. But...if a spot is available...you'd save a few bucks. :lol:

Hi Marc...Thanks for the tip on parking. I'm going to look for that lot the next time we're down there in no-man's-land. We have maybe two more trips down there...one for the interview and one for the oath...so you saved us $14. I owe you a beer...and maybe some appetizers too! :D

Congrats to Chinook on being 1 step closer to "naturalization" :)

^^^ Thanks beejay...and congratz to you guys for completing the process last month! :star:

Does J have her U.S. passport yet?

Congrats on that "one step closer" and thanks for some of the best advice around! :yes:

^^^ Thanks Andy. Best wishes to you for a speedy petition approval! :star:

^^^ Thanks beejay...and congratz to you guys for completing the process last month! :star:

Does J have her U.S. passport yet?

Thanks! He does :) It was pretty exciting the day it came - we are already compiling a list of the countries that we want to visit on his new blue passport :P Is there anything Chinook is particularly excited about once she gets the new status?

Thanks! He does :) It was pretty exciting the day it came - we are already compiling a list of the countries that we want to visit on his new blue passport :P Is there anything Chinook is particularly excited about once she gets the new status?

:oops: I always thought you were the 'Kano in your relationship. :)

Now I'm guessing that you have Pinoy roots. :idea:

I'm not aware of any female petitioners who have been on the Philippines forum longer than you have. I'm glad you're still posting. :thumbs:

When Chinook gets her blue passport, we plan on visiting 'Pinas...maybe in January or February. We also plan to visit Canada again. Then, in a couple of years, we want to go on a Mediterranean cruise. Chinook has also expressed interest in seeing Paris, Rome, and Mexico.

What's on your list?

Edited by Tahoma

:oops: I always thought you were the 'Kano in your relationship. :)

Now I'm guessing that you have Pinoy roots. :idea:

'Kana and straight up puti :lol:

I'm not aware of any female petitioners who have been on the Philippines forum longer than you have. I'm glad you're still posting. :thumbs:

They do usually disappear don't they. I typically pop up when we have to file something. We filed the N400 last Dec. and then shortly after IR2s for my husband's kids :D which are still being processed (just got to NVC!) so I've been on here pretty consistently lately.

When Chinook gets her blue passport, we plan on visiting 'Pinas...maybe in January or February. We also plan to visit Canada again. Then, in a couple of years, we want to go on a Mediterranean cruise. Chinook has also expressed interest in seeing Paris, Rome, and Mexico.

What's on your list?

Amsterdam and Cyprus are at the top for sure :star: Both were places that rejected him for tourist visas when we were living overseas *shakes fist*. He had no issues when we went to Burma but they didn't want to let me in with my blue passport. I was eventually given a visa but not without some runaround and hassle. The joke was that that time it was my fancy American passport that was the problem - only now my husband keeps talking about how Burma won't let him in anymore :P

A Mediterranean cruise sounds awesome! Not to mention the delicious eats you would get, yum! Very happy for the both of you :)

We keep going over the list of places that will just give him entry upon arrival, it really is a whole new freedom.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Makes me want to file now. Lol. I wonder if I file this end of July, what's the probabiliy that I will have interview before thanksgiving as well as oath.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Makes me want to file now. Lol. I wonder if I file this end of July, what's the probabiliy that I will have interview before thanksgiving as well as oath.

See if you can find out if your office does same day oath ceremonies or how long it takes to get scheduled for one. That seems to be the part that draws this process out. It took about 3 months to get from filing to interview for us but it took over a month after the interview to get the letter for the oath ceremony which was then scheduled for a month later. I was able to find a list of 2012 oath ceremonies in our area on a county website while we were waiting to hear so I would watch as the deadline for each would pass and then get excited at the potential for the next ceremony. It was a blessing and a curse to have that information at my disposal. :wacko:

Where would you travel? :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.