sarah and hicham

Th Th Th Thursday!

209 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well I got to bed last night around 2am. What a night! I had to rush home right after work, stop at ACME and get some coffee. Then when I was walking home, over a 1/2 mile away, my husband calls and asks me where I am and to hurry up. It takes me 15-20 min to get home from ACME and I was like come pick me up and I will be ther in 5 min. he said ok. I kept walking and ended up 1/4 mi away, called him he said he just got in the car. I told him not to bother, but he hung up and drove down our street and took me home. So it ended up taking me 15 min anyway. So I got home and I am running around like a crazy woman trying to get everything ready for our guests to come over. I am cooking 4 things at once, and my husband keeps asking for my help around the house. At 6:25 two of our guests arrive, I am still cooking and my clothes are covered in flour and crepe goo. I had to run and change and pray my crepes didn't burn. Finally when I am all ready, Adil spills the juice all over the place!!!!! So I have to clean that up and entertain our guest make coffee, and pray to God he doesn't ask me to make tea too! He didn't, but he thought about it.

After we ate we went to the mosque for prayer. I can't remember what Adil called it, but I think it's when the Holy Quran was sent to the Prophet(saws). Anyway, I was only able to do a few rakkahs because my back was killing me. My friend Amal and I walked out and Adil and her husband came out and gave me the car keys and said they would be out after the next 2 rakkahs. Six rakkahs later, they get to the car and Amal and I had started to fall asleep. We went home and Adil went straight to bed and left me to clean all the dishes in the kitchen by myself. I did half the dishes and I am going to do the other half tonight. Anyway, I think I can get Adil to help me tonight because he is home early, he probably wont, but it'l be worth the try.

Today I am working. We're not busy at all and I get so bored here. I'm still waiting for a call from the place I applied at for part time. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. Only 3 hours left til I get out of the torture chamber! Aunt Flo still hasn't visited and I have been prepared for 9 days now. Tests came out negative, so I just will have to wait and see what's taking her so long. I think if I have time tonight I will make some sugar cookies. Wow I just realized how random I am! I just type whatever and go on and on and on..... Sorry! :blush: I guess I am a little on the hyper side! Well I guess I will stop rambling and go away and try to find somethinf to amuse me.

HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

12days, 12hours til I was born 22 years ago!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
After we ate we went to the mosque for prayer. I can't remember what Adil called it, but I think it's when the Holy Quran was sent to the Prophet(saws).

Laylat al Qadr :)

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

That's it! THank you!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

11/21/06- EAD approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok this is probably stupid but I'm upset. :(

I asked him last night why he doesn't and hasn't ever called me "habibti".

He blushed and said the word and said that we don't do that here before we are married. Then he said it means "lover" so I blushed and said ooooh.

Well then I got to thinkin...you guys all call each other habibti and I know you don't "play for the other team" so what gives.

Now I'm in a foul mood 'cause I'm like why would he lie about something like that??? I mean even after he said it last night he said, "see now people are looking over here at me 'cause they know what I said and they understand".

I know he hates it when the place is crowded and he has to shut the cam off if others are behind him because he said he gets very angry if they look at me. Maybe that's why but still I'm po'd. (and due for aunt flo any second so maybe that's it.)

I'm really bugged though. Feel like crying over it. :(

We went home and Adil went straight to bed and left me to clean all the dishes in the kitchen by myself. I did half the dishes and I am going to do the other half tonight. Anyway, I think I can get Adil to help me tonight because he is home early, he probably wont, but it'l be worth the try.

I'd be so mad I'd make him get up and help! :angry:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

He blushed and said the word and said that we don't do that here before we are married. Then he said it means "lover" so I blushed and said ooooh.

Well then I got to thinkin...you guys all call each other habibti and I know you don't "play for the other team" so what gives.

Now I'm in a foul mood 'cause I'm like why would he lie about something like that??? I mean even after he said it last night he said, "see now people are looking over here at me 'cause they know what I said and they understand".

I know he hates it when the place is crowded and he has to shut the cam off if others are behind him because he said he gets very angry if they look at me. Maybe that's why but still I'm po'd. (and due for aunt flo any second so maybe that's it.)

We went home and Adil went straight to bed and left me to clean all the dishes in the kitchen by myself. I did half the dishes and I am going to do the other half tonight. Anyway, I think I can get Adil to help me tonight because he is home early, he probably wont, but it'l be worth the try.

I don't think you should be so upset about that! Maybe for him he thinks it's something he wants to say to you when you are married... everyone is different! It's just one word and I'm sure he says a lot of other nice things to you. Don't stress about this... there's plenty of other stuff to be more worried about!

Timeline
Don't stress about this... there's plenty of other stuff to be more worried about!

Like what? :huh:

lol

just kidding.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Don't stress about this... there's plenty of other stuff to be more worried about!

Like what? :huh:

lol

just kidding.

haha just remember that maybe where he is in Egypt he is used to using that word for married couples.

I don't think it is a good idea to compare what your husband does or thinks is right to say to what other men do. Each person is different. What is important is that you feel your fiance loves and respects you. Does it really matter if he calls you habiti or buys you flowers if you know that? If you don't feel that he does, to me that is what your problem is. Him saying habibti to please you isn't going to change much of anything.

Timeline

VP - I got a really good book online with the Arabic alphabet practice. I also got a few textbooks, might be something for you to look at - I'll add the links later!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline
I don't think it is a good idea to compare what your husband does or thinks is right to say to what other men do. Each person is different. What is important is that you feel your fiance loves and respects you. Does it really matter if he calls you habiti or buys you flowers if you know that? If you don't feel that he does, to me that is what your problem is. Him saying habibti to please you isn't going to change much of anything.

I think it's just hormones. I'll be ok once I get some chocolate at iftar.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Exactly. I second what Rebecca said. Habibiti, Aziza, Houbi - these are terms of endearment that only have meaning if you know the emotion and feeling behind the word. I know men (Moroccan and American) that overly use "honey" and "sweetie" yet have little real respect or affecction for their SO's.

I used to be upset that my husband never buys me flowers or cards, etc. (for birthday or Valentine'es etc.) Then I opened my eyes. In Morocco he was always buying me phone cards, checking my buta gas (propane tank) for leaks, fixing the toilet, mopping the floor, cooking me great meals (unasked, just to treat me). For Thanksgiving he cooked me a huge chicken (couldn't find a -dead- turkey!) and a fruit salad and khobz. I've known men to slather jewels and flowers on their girlfriends/wives, but not take care of them when they are sick nor check their car for safety issues nor help them with household chores, etc.

Don't despair!

Timeline

Well I just found out that my husband went home earlier than early. He turned off his phone even though I had talked to him at 11 and told him that it's very important that he calls me back before he goes home and takes a nap! Well he didn't call and his phone is off so now I can't even get ahold of him and I needed to get this thing done before 5! I get get it done because the last thing I need is at my house and I wont be home until 5:15!!!!!!! Why?! And you know the thing that gets me the most, he is probably taking a nap right now while all those dishes are in the sink and on the counter! I get about 5 - 6 hours of sleep a night and he has the nerve to tell me that I am not as tired as he is when he gets close to over 80 hours of sleep a week! He always complains about being tired and working to hard, yet he always says, "...when you work as hard and as much as i do!" I swear I work just as hard and just as long, and I end up doing a lot more than he realizes or gives me credit for! Sometimes I really consider going on strike! :protest: Well If nothing is done when I get home and his clothes are thrown everywhere, there's going to be some shoes thrown around our house tonight!

Thanks again for letting me vent!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

11/21/06- EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

:thumbs: I agree...some men are romantic, some are not. You have to accept them the way they are, they don't change.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
Well I just found out that my husband went home earlier than early. He turned off his phone even though I had talked to him at 11 and told him that it's very important that he calls me back before he goes home and takes a nap! Well he didn't call and his phone is off so now I can't even get ahold of him and I needed to get this thing done before 5! I get get it done because the last thing I need is at my house and I wont be home until 5:15!!!!!!! Why?! And you know the thing that gets me the most, he is probably taking a nap right now while all those dishes are in the sink and on the counter! I get about 5 - 6 hours of sleep a night and he has the nerve to tell me that I am not as tired as he is when he gets close to over 80 hours of sleep a week! He always complains about being tired and working to hard, yet he always says, "...when you work as hard and as much as i do!" I swear I work just as hard and just as long, and I end up doing a lot more than he realizes or gives me credit for! Sometimes I really consider going on strike! :protest: Well If nothing is done when I get home and his clothes are thrown everywhere, there's going to be some shoes thrown around our house tonight!

Thanks again for letting me vent!

Yikes Janine... I have noticed that most of your posts are "venting" about something between you and your husband. Is everything ok?

I know Hicham would be upset if he saw I was posting about our arguments or personal issues on VJ. Just remember anyone and everyone can read this.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Donnot feel bad... for arab men these *love* words mean alot, esp if they are saying them to their SO so sincerely. My husband didnt call me a *love name* until 3 years later when we got engaged...then he spiiiiillled all of his love name for me out...and I was like :o ...You do have romantical feelings :D
I know he hates it when the place is crowded and he has to shut the cam off if others are behind him because he said he gets very angry if they look at me.
Donnot feel bad about this either. My husband would did the same thing at first when he did not have DSL at home to connect with. He would himself actually just sit there with no facial expression, no movement typing away(sometimes if the cybercafe was empty with voice)...while I would be moving around taking with the voice, making faces, etc...I did not like his motionless and privacy too at first but after a time I got used to and actually came to appreciate it.Showed me how much respect he had for me.

I actually remember the first we talked online we were on a 4 way video conversation with my friend in Germany, his cousin in France, him and me. :lol: We were all talking then suddenly he IMs a private message to PLzzzzzzz open my cam, since he knows what his cousin and my friend look like...so after a long inner monolog with myself about the pros and cons of this and my friend telling me it was alright..he was cool like that... I opened my cam...everyone kept on on the conversation then suddenly my husband blurrited out " You wear hijeb in the house too?" Everyone stopped talking at that point and started to bust out laughing. He did not get the joke. I replied" No brother, I donnot wear hijeb in the home, but since you are a stranger to me." He had this look I still to this day on his face, he said "I am not your brother, I am going to be your husband one day inchallah" Wow subhan' Allah.. that was the point of me actually taking notice of him as more then a brother and friend. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.