818 posts in this topic

Don't lose hope I almost did but NOA 2 came today I am July filer with noa 1 of July 19...

Thanks for your kind words. I saw the thread you started and posted in it to say that you've given me (and probably a lot of other CSC July filers) hope.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance begrudging called uscis yesterday after being told to wait 30 days... Welp even though we are past the national average, we are not past the working on date (the one that hasn't been updated since december) so we pretty much have no grounds for a service request or to complain.

It's almost 250days and i wont be shocked if this takes much longer and we end up in 300+ club. The system fails some people and it's bitter sweet to see people in September have their noa2s now. There has been no further movement with the uscis numbers surrounding ours, which leads me to think they are done with that box or forgot it?? :bonk: We've considered abandoning the petition and moving somewhere in Europe or perhaps filing for spousal visa if we don't hear anything soon. I saw that guy who posted about a 400 day wait and I could not last that long. Some of you may be thinking it's a rash decision, but it's very possible we wont get approval anytime soon and spousal visa may take just as long, the upside to it is that we wont be bound by half the stuff when I eventually move to america.

070e8b4bb0.png

Noa1 july 19 2012

Noa2 maybe this week loool

My fiance begrudging called uscis yesterday after being told to wait 30 days... Welp even though we are past the national average, we are not past the working on date (the one that hasn't been updated since december) so we pretty much have no grounds for a service request or to complain.

It's almost 250days and i wont be shocked if this takes much longer and we end up in 300+ club. The system fails some people and it's bitter sweet to see people in September have their noa2s now. There has been no further movement with the uscis numbers surrounding ours, which leads me to think they are done with that box or forgot it?? :bonk: We've considered abandoning the petition and moving somewhere in Europe or perhaps filing for spousal visa if we don't hear anything soon. I saw that guy who posted about a 400 day wait and I could not last that long. Some of you may be thinking it's a rash decision, but it's very possible we wont get approval anytime soon and spousal visa may take just as long, the upside to it is that we wont be bound by half the stuff when I eventually move to america.

I know how you feel. Had we known then what we know now, we would have gone the spousal route. Possibly longer but at least we would be married.

My other concern is that when the bottleneck at CSC is sorted, there are going to be a lot of NOA2s and packs going to London. I'm worried that there may be significant wait for interviews.

Edited by Anna Grant

Timeline

I know how you feel. Had we known then what we know now, we would have gone the spousal route. Possibly longer but at least we would be married.

My other concern is that when the bottleneck at CSC is sorted, there are going to be a lot of NOA2s and packs going to London. I'm worried that there may be significant wait for interviews.

It sucks you guys are still around. You know, all the spousal visas that came up when I changed the uscis digits were already replied to, it seems we are behind even them. There were 2 fiance visas with the same date and no reply about 20 files away from ours. I really have no understanding of why this is happening at vsc, if only i had an explanation i could adjust my expectations.

Anyway as for uk, i really think you have nothing to worry about, uk is running quick and when csc eventually starts back up, they wont approve all of them at once. It'll be no slower in the uk than previous times when csc was approving fine (56 - 76days noa2 to visa), perhaps 2 week delay compared to current at most. tbh we're really rather lucky in that respect and its one part of this im looking forward to. i hope you feel slightly relieved from my vj and internet scouring knowledge :blush:

070e8b4bb0.png

Noa1 july 19 2012

Noa2 maybe this week loool

Timeline

Seems Vermont is soaring ahead with September filers now. Maybe it helps the figures!

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Has anyone of you ever talked to a tier 2 person and received a number that starts with WTC, has 10 digits in the middle and ends in CSC (or VSC for Vermont)?

My fiancé finally just called USCIS for the first time after we already had two congressional inquiries made on our behalf, got a number like that and was told to call back if there is no progress by next Friday.

Adjustment of Status:

07/09/2013 filed AOS/EAD/AP

07/15/2013 NOAs

08/07/2013 AOS RFE

08/09/2013 Biometrics

08/17/2013 RFE response received at NBC

09/11/2013 EAD/AP in production

09/19/2013 received EAD/AP

11/18/2013 potential interview waiver case notification

03/17/2014 Greencard approved and in production

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Apparently the lady on the phone said something about that with me being from Germany it shouldn't take this long, gave him the number and told him to call back, then pretty much hung up before he could say or ask anything else...kinda weird. I hope it's not one of those situations where one tier 2 tells you one thing, and the next time you call, they have no idea what you're talking about and tell you something completely different.

Adjustment of Status:

07/09/2013 filed AOS/EAD/AP

07/15/2013 NOAs

08/07/2013 AOS RFE

08/09/2013 Biometrics

08/17/2013 RFE response received at NBC

09/11/2013 EAD/AP in production

09/19/2013 received EAD/AP

11/18/2013 potential interview waiver case notification

03/17/2014 Greencard approved and in production

Any news ?

No and unlikely this week as CSC is closed because of plumbing problems:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=e7b078ba572ad310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e7801c2c9be44210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Maybe they've been trying to flush our petitions down their toilets!

Timeline

No and unlikely this week as CSC is closed because of plumbing problems:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=e7b078ba572ad310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e7801c2c9be44210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Maybe they've been trying to flush our petitions down their toilets!

They haven't updated yet so no idea whether CSC will be open for business on Wednesday either! Sigh! Ah well, I will keep plodding on here. Just sent off for my police certificate. Think I will see about our immunisations next. Oh joy!

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.