Schatzi

Confused about my recent AOS interview

16 posts in this topic

I had my appointment today at USCIS-Baltimore around 230pm. I had to wait for like an hour & a half before I was called.. The interviewer asked me to swear to tell the truth then asked me to sit down. He asked me all sorts of questions, which I believe, I answered well. Stuff like addresses, if I have work permit ( I didn't apply for one), if I have committed any crime, involved in illegal organizations & all that... My husband wasn't able to go with me because he is currently deployed in Iraq.. I showed him proof which was a letter from his chain of command that he is currently deployed... My interview didn't take too long.. just 15 minutes tops. I even showed him our album , pictures, gave him a copy of my military id along with my hubby's latest payslips... After the interview, he told me that they will review my case & told me to just wait as I will receive a decision in the mail.. I asked him for how long? he said he has no idea.. He didn't stamp anything in my passport nor took my I-94... What does this mean? I'm kind of anxious because he wasn't giving me any clue if I got approved or not.... Does this mean I'm denied? Pls help me...anyone with a similar case..

I had my appointment today at USCIS-Baltimore around 230pm. I had to wait for like an hour & a half before I was called.. The interviewer asked me to swear to tell the truth then asked me to sit down. He asked me all sorts of questions, which I believe, I answered well. Stuff like addresses, if I have work permit ( I didn't apply for one), if I have committed any crime, involved in illegal organizations & all that... My husband wasn't able to go with me because he is currently deployed in Iraq.. I showed him proof which was a letter from his chain of command that he is currently deployed... My interview didn't take too long.. just 15 minutes tops. I even showed him our album , pictures, gave him a copy of my military id along with my hubby's latest payslips... After the interview, he told me that they will review my case & told me to just wait as I will receive a decision in the mail.. I asked him for how long? he said he has no idea.. He didn't stamp anything in my passport nor took my I-94... What does this mean? I'm kind of anxious because he wasn't giving me any clue if I got approved or not.... Does this mean I'm denied? Pls help me...anyone with a similar case..

I've read about this on here before. You have a legit case and in previous experiences of others I've seen here, it's just procedure and you should get your yes in the mail.

This is just my opinion and I'd be surprised if I'm wrong on this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

us_tx_2faws_small.gif Lauren - Texas, USA and James - England, UK 3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

28th May 06 - Arrive in Texas!

8th July 06 - Married!!!

3rd August 06 - EAD received at USCIS

29th August 06 - Biometrics

18th September 06 - Case (AOS) transfered to CSC on 9/14 (advised by mail)

4/6/10th October 06 - EAD touched!

11th October 06 - Email from USCIS - EAD Approved on 10/10! Card on the way!

16th October 06 - EAD card received!

16th October 06 - EAD Application email received confirming letter to be sent.

22nd February 07 - Email sent to USCIS requesting an update.

5th March 07 - Case touched! AOS is now "pending" at the CSC! Progress!

5th March 07 - Email from CSC confirming I am awaiting the results of the FBI name check.

27th April 07 - Email received. A notice requesting additional info has been mailed.

4th May 07 - RFE letter arrived.

21st May 07 - RFE docs returned to USCIS by mail.

6th June 07 - Email from CRIS saying RFE received and case processing has resumed!

26th June 07 - Phone call from a USCIS officer at the CSC in California asking for a copy of my I-94 by fax.

27th June 07 - InfoPass appointment at 745am.

12th August 07 - Email from CRIS - Green Card on order as of 8/11!

15th August 07 - Email from CRIS - Welcome Notice sent.

18th August 07 - Welcome Notice Received.

20th August 07 - GC received!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

:(

If it makes you feel any better....we are in the same position as yours.

Our interview was 5 Month ago and was told the same thing..."we will let you know once we make a decision"...Still no news from them.

:angry: I think it should be illegal or not authorise; not to give some kind of answer or explanation after an interview...Trust me it creates a great deal of stress and trouble both in our personnal And professional life...Stress and anxiety can create a great deal of Physical and Spychological Troubles...

It is not healthy nor fair to make people go thru it...and I am also surprise that nobody ever thought of those details for the respect of an other human being life....

Just my 2 cents ...I hope this kind of treatment will stay within the BCIS and not be a common way to treat people in other departments...Since freedom, rights & respect of the other is really what matters at the end of the day.

:thumbs: Good luck :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

fussycathy,

We had our interview at the same location and was mailed our greencard within 2 weeks.

Just be patient.

BTW we did not get any stamps however they did take our I-94.

It could be that they may want to contact your husband or his command.

Kathy

Edited by frndly1

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi fussycathy,

I have seen it happen before just be patient for a little while, if nothing happens then as soon as you husband gets back make an infopass appointment.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Edited by Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had my AOS interview at the Baltimore office on Spetember 21, 2006. I'm the adult daughter of a US permanent resident. I had almost the same experience. My interviewer just went over the application for verification after swearing me in (took about 15 minutes) and told me that I would hear from them in a couple of weeks. I guess I looked confused because she added that she can only recommend the application for approval but her supervisor has the final judgement. She did take my I-94 though. So I'm also confused................does anyone know what this means :unsure:

EAD Timeline

06/20/06 Sent EAD package

06/27/06 Received

06/29/06 Receipt notice received

07/25/06 Biometrics appointment (28 days after receiving application)

09/15/06 Touched (80 days)

09/18/06 CRIS email notification of EAD APPROVAL on 9/15 (80 days)

09/19/06 EAD card in mail (84 days)

11/11/06 Touched (137 days)

AOS Timeline – petition sent to Chicago lockbox

06/20/06 Sent AOS package

06/27/06 Received

06/29/06 Receipt notice received

07/25/06 Biometrics appointment (28 days after receiving application)

09/21/06 USCIS Interview, I-94 taken (86 days)

09/21/06 Touched (86 days)

09/22/06 Touched (87 days)

11/11/06 Touched (137 days) still no email, welcome letter or GC

Filed: Timeline

My niece is the same boat. She got her interview Tuesday but no decision had been made. They told her to go home and wait for back ground check and will follow up if they need any thing else. Now my question is if she want to travel to other state but her Visa is expired already. Is there a way for her to travel within the US? She does apply for EAD but still have no answer on those as well. Anyone know the answer please help.

Thanks

Hi fussycathy,

I have seen it happen before just be patient for a little while, if nothing happens then as soon as you husband gets back make an infopass appointment.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

My husband is in Iraq but his permanent duty station is in Germany. I have no idea if he can get a vacation here in the U.S. after his stint in Iraq. He will be in Iraq for a year & he has been there for only a month. It would be almost impossible to bring him to any appointment for the next 11 months. The army schedule is kind of complicated... I'm really frustrated.. I know I shouldn't be worrying because it hasn't been that long... I will take your advice & give it time...Anyways, thanks Peter!

Edited by fussycathy

My niece is the same boat. She got her interview Tuesday but no decision had been made. They told her to go home and wait for back ground check and will follow up if they need any thing else. Now my question is if she want to travel to other state but her Visa is expired already. Is there a way for her to travel within the US? She does apply for EAD but still have no answer on those as well. Anyone know the answer please help.

Thanks

Well, she could definitely travel within the U.S. She has a pending AOS. That's her current status for now.. The airports here usually don't check the passport if you're just within the U.S.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi fussycathy,

Good luck,

Peter Miami

My husband is in Iraq but his permanent duty station is in Germany. I have no idea if he can get a vacation here in the U.S. after his stint in Iraq. He will be in Iraq for a year & he has been there for only a month. It would be almost impossible to bring him to any appointment for the next 11 months. The army schedule is kind of complicated... I'm really frustrated.. I know I shouldn't be worrying because it hasn't been that long... I will take your advice & give it time...Anyways, thanks Peter!

Hi Fussycathy,

First of all let me thank you for supporting your husband through this ordeal. What your husband and other military personnel are doing for our freedom and liberty is exceptional and I and most Americans are very proud of our military and we are grateful to their families. I am a U.S. Marine!

Give it sometime and if you hear nothing with in a month or so make an infopass and take a copy of his orders or letters from the military stating that his unit is in Iraq and see what they tell you. There was another wife of a military man and she did what I just told you and she was approved. Good luck and thank you again.

Semper Fi

Peter

U.S.M.C.

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

You might receive another notice for 2nd interview when your husband get back home. I have a friend who has the same situation of yours and they got another interview date and this time with her husband.

hmmmm... Is that so? Well, I will give this a little bit more time... The interviewer did tell me that a second interview would not be necessary.... Thanks guys the words of encouragement & Thank you Peter Miami!!

:(

If it makes you feel any better....we are in the same position as yours.

Our interview was 5 Month ago and was told the same thing..."we will let you know once we make a decision"...Still no news from them.

:angry: I think it should be illegal or not authorise; not to give some kind of answer or explanation after an interview...Trust me it creates a great deal of stress and trouble both in our personnal And professional life...Stress and anxiety can create a great deal of Physical and Psychological Troubles...

It is not healthy nor fair to make people go thru it...and I am also surprise that nobody ever thought of those details for the respect of an other human being life....

Just my 2 cents ...I hope this kind of treatment will stay within the BCIS and not be a common way to treat people in other departments...Since freedom, rights & respect of the other is really what matters at the end of the day.

:thumbs: Good luck :thumbs:

Jessi&Pierre

I totally agree with you! They could've told us where we stand so we would know what to expect right? It's hard to be left out in the dark like this.. But you know USCIS, there would always be a glitch in the system..

Good luck with you too! Take care!

Way to go Cathy! Proud to be Pinay! You did it on your own and you did well!

Don't worry, they know better ( I hope) when it comes to situation like yours ( husband deployed to Iraq).

Like after my interview I was clueless too and still waiting for a respond. Nonetheless, life has to go on. Made life worthy during the waiting period, volunteer in the communit, polished my driving, looking for job and yes writing a journal..kind of Memoirs of a PInay Fiancee/wife/in-law/community member et al!

That is to maintain my sanity.. ;-)

Just have a lot of support group, I know being Pinay we have a lot of that!

Good luck and God Bless!

Jan

Mailed I-751 - January 12, 2009
NOA - January 14, 2009
Biometric for me and my son- February 21, 2009
2nd biometric for me - March 14, 2009
Green Card Approval for son - April 28, 2009

Mailed N400 - June 14, 2010
USCIS Receipt Date - June 16, 2010
USCIS NOA date - June 24, 2010
Received I-797C NOA in the mail - June 28, 2010
USCIS Email for RFE/ Biometrics sched- July 16
Biometrics - August 12, 2010
RFE Yellow Paper on IRS letter document - August 23
USCIS email on testing and interview - September 4
Received letter in mail for test and interview I-797C - September 7, 2010
Schedule of test and interview - October 12, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.