Faysheis

Reapply for K1 (chances?)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi, guys!

I have a question about reapply for K1 visa. Hope you can give me some good answer.

I came to the USA on K1 visa this spring 2012 but we failed to get married. 90 days are over now but we still love each other, and dont want to be separated. I can stay in the USA till 3rd of August (thats the date written by US officer in my I94 card), so 1st of August I WILL SURELY leave the country, so I wont violate visa requirements and wont brEAK ANY OF US LAWS. The reason why we failed to get married is at first we were not sure, then we realized that YES, we are right for each other, but we got to know from the attorney that the prenuptial agreement is not ready (but the point is that we DID think and we were SAID its READY), some paper was missing, and at that time we were too close to the end of 90 days (like a week), so to make this paper and complete the prenup we had already no time. Without prenuptial agreement marriage is impossible in our situation. (he is rich and im not, so he doesnt want to take risk, it is understandable). So...now we want to reapply for k1. We didnt break any laws, any rules, any requirements. The question is...Do you think they will approve us the second time? Will we be alright? Will I get visa again?

Thank you!!!

Just my opinion here BUT--- simple fact is that getting a pre-nup DONE should not take more than a week--even for complex case.

FOR SURE-- something else is going on--- YOU SURE you're finacee' really wants to get married??? OH you're SURE??? c-mon wake up here.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, guys!

I have a question about reapply for K1 visa. Hope you can give me some good answer.

I came to the USA on K1 visa this spring 2012 but we failed to get married. 90 days are over now but we still love each other, and dont want to be separated. I can stay in the USA till 3rd of August (thats the date written by US officer in my I94 card), so 1st of August I WILL SURELY leave the country, so I wont violate visa requirements and wont brEAK ANY OF US LAWS. The reason why we failed to get married is at first we were not sure, then we realized that YES, we are right for each other, but we got to know from the attorney that the prenuptial agreement is not ready (but the point is that we DID think and we were SAID its READY), some paper was missing, and at that time we were too close to the end of 90 days (like a week), so to make this paper and complete the prenup we had already no time. Without prenuptial agreement marriage is impossible in our situation. (he is rich and im not, so he doesnt want to take risk, it is understandable). So...now we want to reapply for k1. We didnt break any laws, any rules, any requirements. The question is...Do you think they will approve us the second time? Will we be alright? Will I get visa again?

Thank you!!!

wow.gif!!! I cant believe your saying your not ready then later on you both realize that you are ready?no0pb.gif. You mean you are not sure, process the K1 do the medical, interview and going to US? Then you emphasize that, his a rich and your not! and you didn't break any laws?unsure.gif you can get married half a day!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

August 3rd is three weeks from now. The attorney can't draft the pre-nup in that time??????

All attorneys use legal software to draft their prenups or have templates. No attorney starts a prenup from scratch. The framework is already there, all the attorney needs to do is customize for the client's needs. It should not take 3 weeks to draft a good agreement.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

i made a mistake...my I94 is over today...it is written 07/08/2012...so now im out of status. what should i do?

Stay in the US. Get marry. File I-130 and I-485. The sooner the better.

Why isn't your rich fiancee's lawyer handling this??? Any competent lawyer should be able to file a basic spousal adjustment of status.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

i made a mistake...my I94 is over today...it is written 07/08/2012...so now im out of status. what should i do?

Ahh, I see. So, you were not past the 90 days until today. It makes more sense to me now. You should have gotten married within the 90 days, but that ship has sailed. So, you should do what you have already been told by a few people in this thread and your other one, get married and follow this guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

You need to do so as soon as possible. No more waiting too long for papers to be drawn up or for autumn to roll around(as you said in your other thread). You are out of status and can be deported if caught.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.