Larry&Betty

Advice Needed

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

She is going to have some issues. The people at the embassy believe you cannot start a relationship with someone as long as you still have legal ties with another. We know that is not true, but you must look at it through the eyes of the embassy. Here in the states you can divorce and remarry within days but jamaica is very different. It is a very sticky situation. I wish her the best of luck though.

Renee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I started a relationship with my husband about 1 year before he was officially divorced and we got married 3 months after his divorce was final and it never came up. Not even one single question or thought about it from the IO. His divorce degree even stated that 'adultery' was the reason for divorce .... was never a problem!

you seem quite proud of this.

indeed its quite hilarious now that i think it over

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

you seem quite proud of this.

indeed its quite hilarious now that i think it over

wow, didn't think I would get attacked here. But what was I thinking. It has nothing to do with hilarious, I only gave the OP all the information I had. The reason why I stated this and made that comment, because it was so WRITTEN ALL OVER, that we started our relationship, before he was officially divorced. BTW, adultery is the fastest divorce that you can get, if you look it up online. couples that wanna get divorced fast, use that as a reason to speed up the situation, no matter if it's true or not. But also, you comment didn't help the OP's situation compared to mine. So I would mind my own buisness, if you have nothing nice or helpful to say.

OP, don't be worried so much about the time in between your divorce & new marriage. If it's real, you shouldn't have problems to proof it!

That happens a lot too. It just depends on the country. I was divorced 2 years before I met my current husband and it was a HUGE issue during his interview. Was practically interrogated. For this gal, I have read a little closer and see that they were both free to marry when they applied. That's the bigger issue. So they should be fine. It's really the luck of the draw on what CO you get. My then fiance was questioned twice in one day. Was there early morning and then asked to return again later in the afternoon. But that's Turkey. They are all about tradition and following their cultural rules. Turkey has a waiting period. That was my only concern. But I don't know the rules for Chile. I'm sure it will all work out here. I think the one big negative of VJ is that it make you crazy paranoid about your case. You wonder if a problem for another person can be a problem for you. There is not way to make you feel 100% confident. It's the nature of the beast. I am happy to see there are more supportive people out there than those that want to bring you down.

Good luck everybody. Keep your chin up and stay positive ;)

I started a relationship with my husband about 1 year before he was officially divorced and we got married 3 months after his divorce was final and it never came up. Not even one single question or thought about it from the IO. His divorce degree even stated that 'adultery' was the reason for divorce .... was never a problem!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.