Henia

Sultan's Kitchen

1,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

This is a very fast and easy lamb recipe. I tried it out last night and Hachemi loved it. I thought I would share.

Lamb chops with peppers

4 lamb chops cut 3\4 inch thick, about 1 1\4 lbs

Non stick cooking spray ( I used olive oil)

1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into julienne strips

1 medium red or yellow pepper cut into julienne strips (I used both)

1 small zucchini cut into julienne strips

1\2 cup of thinly sliced leek. (i didnt have this so used thin sliced onion)

1 clove of garlic, minced

1\2 cup of water

1 tsp of instant beef bouillon granules

1 tsp of dried basil, crushed

1\2 tsp of dried oregano crushed

1\8 tsp of black pepper

Trim the fat from the chops. Spray an unheated large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat over medium high heat. add chops and cook about 4 minutes or until browned, turning once. Remove the chops from the skillet, reserving drippings in the skillet. Add the sweet peppers, zucchini. leek and garlic to the reserved drippings. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Return the chops to the skillet. In a small mixing bowl stir together the water and bouillon granules, basil, oregano and black pepper. Pour over pepper and zucchini mixture. Bring to boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in the center. I served it on a bed of rice. Makes 4 servings.

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
For those who drink, I tried a rose champagne when I was on a cruise a few years back and it was so awesome. I don't know if they used rose water or rose liquer but it gave it such a pretty color. Would be nice for like a wedding shower or a baby shower type drink.

I can't remember if I already posted this but I couldn't see it so here is my stuffed grapeleaves. I think it's a Lebanese recipe but I just finished like 8 of them for supper and they're sooo yummie. :thumbs:

Baked Stuffed Grape Leaves

Ingredients:

Jar of Grape Leaves (I get this big jar and just keep it in the fridge..they're from California)

1 lb ground lamb

1 cup jasmati rice

1/2 onion chopped

2 lemons

1 pinch tarragon

1 tsp Emeril's Southwestern Essence

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp onion powder

salt and pepper

*note...I put down 1 tsp for the spices but I just shake until I think it's enough. I think it's "about" 1 tsp...i'm so bad at that!!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a casserole dish with olive oil spray.

Cook the rice and cool according to package instructions and let cool. (normally boil 1 cup rice to 2 cups water, simmer for 20 minutes)

Mix in a medium bowl, ground lamb, spices, chopped onion and cooled rice.

Lay out the grapeleaves, vein side up on a large surface area. Cut the stem with a kitchen knife so nothing is protruding from the leave.

Take about a tablespoon of the mixture and put it on the part of the leaf the stem was that you cut off. Roll up, folding sides as you roll and place in casserole dish.

continue until you run out of the mixture.

Pour the juice of the 2 lemons over the stuffed grape leaves.

Cover casserole dish and put in oven for 1 1/2 hours.

Enjoy!

Baked huh? This is a very interesting recipe, I have never tried them or heard of them being cooked this way. Do they get dry? Im also confused that you only had 8 for dinner? How big are they? When we make them I can easily eat 30 of them, LOL EASILY. We usually roll about 150 of them for one pot.

I don't think this is the lebanese version of it but I think maybe someone just revamped the recipe because its seems like a very untraditional method but if it tastes good!!!

My dads friends, who is lebanese, is married to an American woman. So she learned how to make grapeleaves for him bcz its his favorite food. So she made it the first time and its time consuming to roll all those grapeleaves and she was tired, but he loved it and ate the whole pot!

The next time he asked for it, she said ok. She chopped up the grapeleaves and put it on the bottom of the pot, added a layer of meat, and a layer of rice, and spices. Cooked and dumped it out on a serving dish. LOL :lol::lol::lol: She told him don't ever ask me to make it again! :lol::lol::lol:

They don't get dry at all because of all the lemon juice and the fat from the lamb. I guess I must stuff them with a lot 'cause 8 tends to fill me up, though on a real hungry day I could probably eat about 15 of them. :)

That story reminds me of my mom. My dad is polish and he likes gawumpkis (sp?) which is basically ground beef mixed with onion and tomato stuffed in boiled cabbage and then baked. Rolling up the cabbage and keeping it from unrolling is a chore so she eventually started to just chop the cabbage up and serve it mixed in with the ground beef and tomato sauce. Tastes the same I think!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

Any one looking for a good fast home made alfredo sauce? You will never experience store bought stuff again after you try this sauce with your favorite pasta and some garlic bread.

Home it alfredo sauce and only takes about 10 min prep time. You can whip this up as your pasta cooking aldente!

2 chicken bouillon cubes

1/4 cup water

1/2 cup butter

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

2 cups half-and-half

1 cup parmesan cheese

garlic powder, to taste

Dissolve chicken boullion cubes in 1/4 cup water.

Melt butter over low heat in saucepan.

Gradually, stir in flour.

Continue stirring and gradually add half-and-half.

Add chicken boullion.

Increase heat to medium and continue stirring.

Cook until thickened.

Stir in parmesan cheese and garlic powder, if desired.

Serve over hot pasta and garnish with parsley.

For those who drink, I tried a rose champagne when I was on a cruise a few years back and it was so awesome. I don't know if they used rose water or rose liquer but it gave it such a pretty color. Would be nice for like a wedding shower or a baby shower type drink.

I can't remember if I already posted this but I couldn't see it so here is my stuffed grapeleaves. I think it's a Lebanese recipe but I just finished like 8 of them for supper and they're sooo yummie. :thumbs:

Baked Stuffed Grape Leaves

Ingredients:

Jar of Grape Leaves (I get this big jar and just keep it in the fridge..they're from California)

1 lb ground lamb

1 cup jasmati rice

1/2 onion chopped

2 lemons

1 pinch tarragon

1 tsp Emeril's Southwestern Essence

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp onion powder

salt and pepper

*note...I put down 1 tsp for the spices but I just shake until I think it's enough. I think it's "about" 1 tsp...i'm so bad at that!!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a casserole dish with olive oil spray.

Cook the rice and cool according to package instructions and let cool. (normally boil 1 cup rice to 2 cups water, simmer for 20 minutes)

Mix in a medium bowl, ground lamb, spices, chopped onion and cooled rice.

Lay out the grapeleaves, vein side up on a large surface area. Cut the stem with a kitchen knife so nothing is protruding from the leave.

Take about a tablespoon of the mixture and put it on the part of the leaf the stem was that you cut off. Roll up, folding sides as you roll and place in casserole dish.

continue until you run out of the mixture.

Pour the juice of the 2 lemons over the stuffed grape leaves.

Cover casserole dish and put in oven for 1 1/2 hours.

Enjoy!

Baked huh? This is a very interesting recipe, I have never tried them or heard of them being cooked this way. Do they get dry? Im also confused that you only had 8 for dinner? How big are they? When we make them I can easily eat 30 of them, LOL EASILY. We usually roll about 150 of them for one pot.

I don't think this is the lebanese version of it but I think maybe someone just revamped the recipe because its seems like a very untraditional method but if it tastes good!!!

My dads friends, who is lebanese, is married to an American woman. So she learned how to make grapeleaves for him bcz its his favorite food. So she made it the first time and its time consuming to roll all those grapeleaves and she was tired, but he loved it and ate the whole pot!

The next time he asked for it, she said ok. She chopped up the grapeleaves and put it on the bottom of the pot, added a layer of meat, and a layer of rice, and spices. Cooked and dumped it out on a serving dish. LOL :lol::lol::lol: She told him don't ever ask me to make it again! :lol::lol::lol:

They don't get dry at all because of all the lemon juice and the fat from the lamb. I guess I must stuff them with a lot 'cause 8 tends to fill me up, though on a real hungry day I could probably eat about 15 of them. :)

That story reminds me of my mom. My dad is polish and he likes gawumpkis (sp?) which is basically ground beef mixed with onion and tomato stuffed in boiled cabbage and then baked. Rolling up the cabbage and keeping it from unrolling is a chore so she eventually started to just chop the cabbage up and serve it mixed in with the ground beef and tomato sauce. Tastes the same I think!

Yeah you must be making them very big, maybe the size of a greek dolmate? I got trained on rolling these darn things at a very young age. I think i was 6 the first time I rolled grapeleaves with my mom, they all have to be uniform too, lol I hated it. The meat we use in grapeleaves hardly has any fat in it but we grind it at home ourselves from leg of lamb meat. However we always put a slab of rack of lamb on the bottom of the pot (fat trimmed) and some lamb chops as well, when we make it and that usually helps it stay moist and juicy.

Any one looking for a good fast home made alfredo sauce? You will never experience store bought stuff again after you try this sauce with your favorite pasta and some garlic bread.

Home it alfredo sauce and only takes about 10 min prep time. You can whip this up as your pasta cooking aldente!

2 chicken bouillon cubes

1/4 cup water

1/2 cup butter

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

2 cups half-and-half

1 cup parmesan cheese

garlic powder, to taste

Dissolve chicken boullion cubes in 1/4 cup water.

Melt butter over low heat in saucepan.

Gradually, stir in flour.

Continue stirring and gradually add half-and-half.

Add chicken boullion.

Increase heat to medium and continue stirring.

Cook until thickened.

Stir in parmesan cheese and garlic powder, if desired.

Serve over hot pasta and garnish with parsley.

I have made a recipe similar to this before and its sooo yummy. :thumbs:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

On the subject of mahshi...Moh's mom and sisters make grape leaf and cabbage mahshi vegetarian style. They roll them really small about the size of a small cigar. I made it with them a few times so I kinda got the hang of rolling them small. The only thing they put in them is short grain rice, diced tomatoes, diced onions, parsley, cilantro, dill, salt and pepper. They make a light tomato sauce with lemon to cook it in. They stack the mahshi in a tall stock pot, cover with the sauce, cover with a large plate (to prevent them from falling apart) and simmer on the stove until cooked.

Edited by moody

Mansaf

(This recipe is for 4 people, traditionally we make this in very large amounts serving 10 or more people since they all eat with their hands from the same tray.)

Jameed (2-3 good size pieces)

2 cups white rice (rinsed/drained), we use jasmine rice, but the egyptian rice is much better for this if you can find it.

4-5 lbs of lamb. I find that Shoulder and shanks work the best, it must be bone in and halal to get the best taste.

Samneh (arabic clarified butter) or Hawajet Samneh (this is the spice they put in clarified butter that gives it its unique taste)

Pinenuts and raw sliced or whole almonds

Pita bread

White onion

Green onion

Radish

Cilanto

1. Soak the jameed in room temperature water for 4-5 hours.

2. After jameed is ready, wash the lamb well and place in your largest stock pot. Cover with water. Add one large peeled white onion with the end intact into the water and 1 bayleaf. Boil until meat is tender. Remove meat from the water and discard the water, onions, and bayleaf. Rinse each piece of meat well under running hot water. Set aside.

3. While the meat is cooking, start making the jameed. There are 2 ways to do this. The traditional way and the lazy way. The lazy way (which is my favorite way) require alot more jameed so if you have jammed to spare you can follow this method but you would need to double the amount of jameed you are using in the recipe. The traditional way is to work the pieces of jameed in your hands in the water until you get a thick frothy liquid. This can take about 10 minutes each time and you will need to repeat this step about 4-5 times to get enough liquid for the meat. Each time you repeat the step you will have to soak the jameed pieces in water for 5-10 minutes befor working the pieces again. Everytime you have a batch of liquid ready you will need to pour into a clean stockpot through a fine sieve.

The lazy way is to put the jameed in a blender, cover with water and set it on the highest settng you have. Pour through a sieve into the pot. Add the jameed pieces back into the blender, cover with water and blend again. Do this until all the jameed is liquified.

Once all your jameed is ready, and in the stock pot (its now called Laban) you can turn on the stove top to medium heat. Once you feel that laban has started to warm up (not boil) you can start to add the meat back in. Bring the laban and meat to a boil once and then turn it off. At this point, you can add some samneh (1-2 tbs) or 1/2 tbs hawajet samneh (I like this way better) Do not boil more than once, the laban causes the meat to fall apart if left on the stove too long. You can make this hours ahead of serving and just reheat once you are ready to eat.

4. If your jameed is too salty, you can some water. If you feel it is lacking flavor or not thick enough you will need to add more jameed or you can also add some fresh lebeneh. This step is probebly the hardest, but if you know what good laban tastes like, it should be no problem.

5. Make your rice. Its better if you lightly fry the rice in samneh and add salt to it before adding the water.

6. Brown the pinenuts and almonds in oil, set aside.

7. 2 ways to serve this. The traditional way or dinner table way. If this is for a small crowd, you can serve it on the dinner table. Just spoon the rice into a serving dish, sprinkle it with the nuts. Serve the laban and meat in a another serving dish. The side garnish is, pita bread, white onion (quartered), green onion, radishes, and cilantro.

Traditional way. You need a very large round serving dish. Seperate the pita bread and line the bottom of the serving dish with it. Spoon some of the laban over the bread. Spoon the rice on top, make sure the rice is fluffed and seperated and in a nice large mound. Arrange the meat on top of the rice. Sprinkle with nuts. People will spoon the laban on to the side they are eating from. Serve it with same garnish, except the bread which is now under the rice.

Enjoy!

On the subject of mahshi...Moh's mom and sisters make grape leaf and cabbage mahshi vegetarian style. They roll them really small about the size of a small cigar. I made it with them a few times so I kinda got the hang of rolling them small. The only thing they put in them is short grain rice, diced tomatoes, diced onions, parsley, cilantro, dill, salt and pepper. They make a light tomato sauce with lemon to cook it in. They stack the mahshi in a tall stock pot, cover with the sauce, cover with a large plate (to prevent them from falling apart) and simmer on the stove until cooked.

yeah those are good, we always make it during lent.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Thanks, JP! That sounds awesome!!!! I know they have laban in Dearborn so could I just use that?

You could, I know alot of people that do. Its just not the same. If you can find liquid jameed it would be better than plain laban.

I'm making this tonight...

Shorbat el ads

5 cups water

1 cup dried red lentils

2 cups chopped onions

2 cups chopped potatoes

8 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole

1 tablespoon canola oil

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro

3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

salt and pepper

Add the first 5 ingredients to a large pot; cover and bring to a boil.

Lower the heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until the lentils and veggies are tender.

Take pot from stove burner and set aside.

In a small saucepan, add the oil; warm over low heat until the oil is hot but not smoking.

Add in the cumin and salt; cook and stir constantly for for 2-3 minutes or until the cumin has released its fragrance (be careful not to scorch the spices).

Set spice mixture aside for 1 minute to cool.

Stir spice mixture into the lentil mixture; add cilantro, stir to combine.

You can puree the soup, in batches, in a blender OR you can use an immersion blender and blend to desired texture (I like to leave it a little chunky).

Add in lemon juice; stir to combine.

Rewarm soup in soup pot; season if needed with salt/pepper.

Timeline

Kefta Meatballs with Tomato & Egg is on the menu for tonight.

I dont go directly by this recipe, I add and subtract from amounts, cause it is hard to go wrong with these meatballs. You may not like as much garlic or onion, just suit it to your taste.

Ingredients:

*1 lb ground lamb or beef

* 2 garlic cloves minced

* 1 small onion minced

* 1/2 teaspoon allspice

* 1 tsp of cinnamon

* 1 teaspoon paprika

* chopped fresh parsley (or chopped fresh coriander)

* 1 egg

* Salt & freshly ground black pepper

* Olive oil for frying

* Tomato sauce (see recipe below)

(The recipe does not call for it, but I put breadcrumbs in this recipe. My MIL puts rice in her meatballs.)

Method:

1. In a mixing bowl, mix the meat, garlic, onion, spices, egg, Salt and pepper and the parsley until it is all thoroughly mixed, knead to a smooth mixture. Then wet your hands and roll into 24 walnut sized balls and set aside on a tray.

2. Heat the oil in a fry pan and cook the meatballs until golden brown, then place the meatballs in your tagine. (optional, I just use the same pan, since I dont have a tangine)

3. Pour the tomato sauce over the meatballs, simmer on the stove top for about 15-20 minutes, and stir so that it does not stick.

4. Break the eggs on to the sauce and cook until the eggs are just set.

5. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley (or coriander) and serve immediately.

Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:

* 400g canned tomatoes

* 1 onion finely chopped

* 2 garlic cloves minced

* 1 dessertspoon tomato paste

* 1 dessertspoon honey

* Salt & freshly ground black pepper

* Olive oil

Method:

1. Heat a little oil in a saucepan; add the onions and garlic then cook for about 5 minutes.

2. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste & honey then cook for about 10 minutes and season well

I hope you enjoy

Meriem (F)

Edited by Meriem_setif

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline

Chorba is a soup, like the minestrone, but has lots of flavor. It is tomato based with chickpeas and spices. Some variations use vermicelli instead of chickpeas. My MIL made this everyday I was there during Ramadan. When I was cooking it today, the smell brought back so many memories of when I was in Algeria.

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 lb. lamb loin chops or beef stew meat

* 2 onions, finely minced

* 2 or 3 cloves of garlic minced

* 3 tomatoes, peeled seeded, then crushed

* 3 carrots, thinly sliced

* 3 medium sized potatoes, chopped

* 2 small zucchini

* 2 celery stalks

* 1/4 cup fresh parsley with stems,

* 1/4 cup cilantro with stems.

* 2 tablespoon tomato paste

* 1 teaspoon black pepper

* 1 teaspoon kosher salt

* 1/4 cup lemon juice

* 1/4 teaspoon tumeric

* 1/4 teaspoon saffron

* 1 1/2 cup dried chickpeas or garbanzos, soaked overnight

(I add some cinnamon and some paprika too)

( Sometimes I add Frik to the soup instead of Garbanzo beans. Frik is something like Bulgar wheat. I add it at the very end and cook for a few more minutes.)

(Some people use vermicelli instead of the garbanzos.)

PREPARATION:

I brown the meat in Olive oil first then add the onion and garlic. Cook those for about 3 mins then add the veggies(except tomatoes) in a large saucepan. Add about 10 cups of water. Using kitchen string, tie the parsley, cilantro and celery together and add that too. You will remove it after cooking. bring to a boil.

Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste. Be very gently and don't stir vigorously. You want the flavor to escape the tomatoes slowly.

Add chickpeas, spice and lemon juice. Slowly stir.

Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for about 30-35 minutes covered or until meat and chickpeas are done.

I have one of those small electric food choppers. looks like a miniature processor. I put the onions and the garlic in it and chop them very fine before I add them. I then put the tomatoes in and process until they are almost liquid.

Another thing I do is grate the potatoes, zucchini and the carrots instead of chopping them. I also will throw in a whole pepper, maybe a Jalapeno pepper if you want a little kick. Just remove it when the chorba is done.

I cook mine in a pressure cooker. If you dont have a pressure cooker, I dont think 30 to 35 minutes is enough. You may have to cook it longer.

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

I saw this recipe on an episode of Calling All Cooks on the Food Network several years ago. It was prepared by a Moroccan man who learned it from his mom so it's got to be authentic, right? Anyways, it's awesome! I've made it several times. Most of the time I make it with chicken but the recipe calls for lamb. I omit and add different vegetables and it always comes out great. I don't follow the directions for the couscous, I cheat and make instant from a box.

Moroccan Couscous with Meat and Vegetables Recipe courtesy Malek Badaa

Show: Calling All Cooks

Episode: Moroccan Couscous/Bitty Buns

2 quarts water (or beef broth) plus 2 cups to use during couscous procedure

1 large yellow onion, chopped

1 large tomato, diced

4 pounds lamb shoulder or lamb shank, cut into 2-inch pieces

1 small bouquet parsley, approximately 1/2 cup

1/2 cup olive oil

1/2 teaspoon saffron

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Salt, to taste

1 tablespoon black pepper

24 ounces couscous

1 pound green and yellow zucchini cut in half lengthwise

1 pound baby carrots

1 pound potatoes, any kind, peeled and cut into quarters

1/2 head cabbage, diced

1 pound peas, fresh or frozen

2 rutabagas, peeled and diced

2 large turnips, peeled and cut into quarters

1/2 cup butter, softened

* Bay leaves and fresh thyme may also be added to the recipe

* 2 to 3 whole jalapenos can also be added to the vegetables, then served separately

Put broth in the couscousiere pot, add the onions, tomatoes, meat, parsley, olive oil, saffron, ginger and salt and pepper. Boil on medium high heat for 5 to10 minutes. Put the keskes on top of the pot and add couscous slowly. Let the couscous steam for 1/2 hour.

After steam starts coming up, take the couscous out of keskes and transfer into a large bowl (gsaa). Break up any clumping grains of couscous with wooden spoon, and cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup cold water on the couscous while it is in the bowl, to make the grains larger and soft. Return to heat and steam for another 30 minutes. Remove the couscous from the pot and transfer to the large bowl. Again, break up any clumps and sprinkle with 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of water. Remove the meat from the couscousiere, cover and set aside. Add vegetables to the couscousiere and return the couscous to the keske and place in the couscousiere. Cook the vegetables and the couscous for 30 to 45 minutes on medium high heat. After the vegetables and couscous are all fully cooked, remove the couscousiere from heat. Return the couscous to a large bowl and add butter. Place the couscous on a platter, forming a hole in the middle of the couscous. Place meat in the hole and top with vegetables. Put sauce around sides of the platter. Serve guests additional sauce in small bowls.

Timeline

That sounds like how my SIL makes mashi but I don't know if she puts cilantro in it or not. That's an herb I would not miss so I think maybe she doesn't. It's so good she uses all different things to stuff it in, but I love the grapeleaves that she stuffs the best and so does my husband so she makes double of those when I was there. :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

For iftar tonight I am making:

Birwat Bil Kefta:

1/4 c veg. oil

1 med onion finely chopped

1 1/2 lbs ground beef/lamb (I guess you could use chicken too)

2 tsp cinnamon

1/2tsp ginger

salt and pepper

pinch of chili pepper (i omit this because I don't do hot lol)

3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley

5 eggs lightly beaten

1 lb large fillo sheets

2/3c melted butter or oil

Filling:

Heat oil in large skillet and saute onion until soft. Ad meat, spices, and cook crushing th emeat and turing it over for 5-10 minutes. Stir in parsley, eggs, and cook until eggs set to creamy consistency. Let the filling cool. You can add more spices to your taste at this point.

With a large scissors or knife cut all the fillo together, without seperating them into 3 strips of about 6 by 12" and put them together so they don't dry out. Brush the top sheet with the butter/oil.

Put a tablespoon of filling in a line along a short end, about 3/4in from the edge. Roll like a cigar, folding in the long sides at the halfway point so the filling doesn't fall out, continue to roll letting sides unforld so that the cigars appear to open. Place the rolls side by side on a greased baking tray and brush tops with buttter. Bake at 350 for 30 min or until golden brown. Serve hot, dust with confectioner's sugar and cinnamon.

They can also be deep fried (my favorite way) - in a medium hot vegetable oil, turing once until browned and drain on paper towels.

AND:

Almokhtalitat Bil Tamatem Wal Batata

Potato and Tomato Cake

1 lb baking potatoes peeled

1 lg onion chopped

2 tbsp olive oil

2 chopped garlic cloves (finely)

10 oz tomatoes chopped and peeled (blanche them to get the skins off quick)

salt and peper

1 tsp sugar

1/2 chili pepper finely chopped (optional)

4 eggs

3-4 tbsp chopped parsley

1 tbsp butter

Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, drain and mash. In a skillet fry oinions in oil until brown. Stir in garlic briefly. Add tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and sugar, add peppers if using, and cook over high heat stirring often until reduced to a thick jammy sauce.

Beat the eggs lightly then beat into mashed potatoes. Add this to the tomato sauce and mix vigorously. Stir in parsley and adjust seasoning .

Heat butter in large skillet. When it sizzles pour in omlette mixture. Cook over low heat until bottom sets (10 minutes) then cook the top under a preheated broiler until firm and lightly browned. Sever hot or cold.

----I like to add some parmesan cheese to the top too!!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

This was yummy I made it tonight for iftar. It's from my Rachel Ray 30 minute Get Real Meals book.

Noodle-Free Chicken Soup

4 servings

2 quarts chicken stock or broth (i get the College Inn from the carton)

8 eggs

1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg (I used more because i only had ground nutmeg from a spice jar and I think she uses fresh)

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus some to pass at the table

3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Bring the stock to a boil in a medium soup pot, then reduce heat to medium to have a good strong simmer going on. Beat the eggs with the nutmeg, pepper and cheese. Add the eggs to the soup pot and stir them in with a whisk, swirling in a figure-eight parttern, making the eggs into rags in the soup. Ladle into shallow bowls and garnish with generous sprinkles of parsley and more cheese.

Yummie and the smell of nutmeg was so good today since it's cool outside! :thumbs:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.