541 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am afraid you are totally wrong. You need to change your source of research

Deaths caused by crime using any kind of weapon are infinitesimal in the UK compared to the US

Tiny

I have heard this argument before and it is an urban myth which circulates the gun nut forums on the internet

I spent many decades in the UK and I spent 6 years in the police - on the streets and as a detective - and in an inner city of a million people.

Murder outside the domestic setting - eg in the commission of a street crime for instance, is tiny compared to the US

It's back to the drawing board for you dude

Apparently they give out free food in the UK too. There's all kinds of things we don't know about our own country. :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/7922755/England-has-worse-crime-rate-than-the-US-says-Civitas-study.html

Back to the drawing board... what makes u think hand gun ban would change the numbers and long gun would not be used in crime?

You never gave your logic.

The gun nuts try to have it both ways - they say that they need a hand gun because you cannot handle a long gun in a house even though the army does that every day in Afghanistan

Then they say if the criminals couldn't carry hand guns, they would use long guns in cars and houses and shops !

Long guns are MUCH easier to detect and much harder to secrete.

That's why they don't issue concealed weapons permits for rifles ok ?

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

oops I think you just validated my case

I am suggesting tougher US laws against hand guns to reduce murder and you say that it is lower in the UK because of their laws

All these illegal immigrants in London who steal cell phones will bump up the stats for total crime but I don't care about that

I am talking about murder and it is outrageously high in the US compared to ANY first world country

What is so strange is that americans don't know that, and the clever ones who do know that don't care, because a lot of the victims are black !

That being the case, there is no hope for anything changing and the killing will be as intense when you die as it is now

I'm saying its apples to oranges. We lock up small time drug users, the UK hands out ASBOs like candy etc.

Timeline

I'm saying its apples to oranges. We lock up small time drug users, the UK hands out ASBOs like candy etc.

Now what has that got to do with hand gun murder ?

The US is being socially negligent in this area in exactly the same way as it has been socially negligent about health care

where nobody really cares so long as gun crime is confined the inner cities and health care problems happen to other people

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Long guns are MUCH easier to detect and much harder to secrete.

i guess they haven't invented hack saws in england yet?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

but, they do issue ccps for handguns that shoot rifle rounds. i took my certification class with an amt automag 3.

Have you found anyone to kill yet ?

If you haven't deterred anyone by showing your weapon, and if you haven't killed anyone, Its all been a waste of time really hasn't it ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Now what has that got to do with hand gun murder ?

The US is being socially negligent in this area in exactly the same way as it has been socially negligent about health care

where nobody really cares so long as gun crime is confined the inner cities and health care problems happen to other people

The differing UK/US crime rates are partially to do with different enforcement. That is all.

Timeline

i guess they haven't invented hack saws in england yet?

Good point, but bombs and sawn off shotguns and flame throwers are all very illegal in both countries

If it isn't the easy availability of weapons, what is it about Us society that is causing all the murders ?

Actually, Michael Moore did say the Canadians have as many weapons , but far less murder

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg

Three felonies here along with DV's and your usual assaults, violated restraining orders, did over a year in the state pen yet I'm legally allowed to carry a concealed weapon in Alaska and open carry to boot...no permits required for either. I can legally smoke as much weed as I want in my home and afterwards walk down to the store looking like Rambo. God bless Alaska !

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good point, but bombs and sawn off shotguns and flame throwers are all very illegal in both countries

If it isn't the easy availability of weapons, what is it about Us society that is causing all the murders ?

Actually, Michael Moore did say the Canadians have as many weapons , but far less murder

so what is it then if that last line is true?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Damn "left-wingists" with their logic and reasoning traps.....:lol:

Perhaps the OP was correct afterall.

I'm still getting a hand gun, though. I like to shoot targets.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Timeline

Three felonies here along with DV's and your usual assaults, violated restraining orders, did over a year in the state pen yet I'm legally allowed to carry a concealed weapon in Alaska and open carry to boot...no permits required for either. I can legally smoke as much weed as I want in my home and afterwards walk down to the store looking like Rambo. God bless Alaska !

Sounds lovely. I hope you are very happy there and never want to leave

moresheep400100.jpg