541 posts in this topic

I'll be the first to say in this latest incident, any CCWs in the cinema that tried to respond would most likely be dead.

Why?

Anyone in that theater that would've shot back at the guy would've disrupted his actions. Who knows what could've happened from there.

Battle axes would at least give the victims a fighting chance.

Why?

Most Americans won't fight back when someone walks up to them and shoves them. Let alone shoots at them. The chance comes from the fight - not the weapon!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline

Most Americans won't fight back when someone walks up to them and shoves them.

Why should they? If they keep shoving you, then you respond. With me, it would be letting their momentum carry them into something solid, like a post, or a wall, or face first into the ground. Most mature people don't go around looking for a confrontation. 99 times out of a hundred, if you ignore them and don't play, they look for another playmate. If they are stupid enough to insist we play, then you can hurt them, but just enough to let them know it was probably a bad idea.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Why?

Anyone in that theater that would've shot back at the guy would've disrupted his actions. Who knows what could've happened from there.

So picture the scene. You are 'packing' at the theatre when you hear a series of shots ring out. You then spot a man as he is pointing his gun. You quickly draw and fire, dropping him with your first round. Then you hear additional gunfire and the last thing you see before being struck and killed by gunfire is the actual 'perp' who was about to be taken out by the person you shot. You saved him so he could continue killing. Far-fetched? No. Have you ever heard the term 'heat of battle' or 'fog of war'? They refer to the confusion that exists at the scene where people are shooting and dying. The facts become clear only in hind-sight. Occasionally a situation is very clear and unambiguous. But much of the time it is not. Having a number of people packing and ready to shoot before they have all the information they need to have to be certain they are helping rather than hurting brings the potential for bad situations to get much worse.

Timeline

Why?

Most Americans won't fight back when someone walks up to them and shoves them. Let alone shoots at them. The chance comes from the fight - not the weapon!

If you attack someone with a knife, a baseball bat, a battle-axe, etc I doubt most people are just going to stand there and let you bash their brains in! The problem with the gun is that you cannot out-run the bullet but the attacker can still remain quite safely out of reach. And if he has drawn first and is already pointing his gun at you good luck defending yourself with your concealed weapon!

If you attack someone with a knife, a baseball bat, a battle-axe, etc I doubt most people are just going to stand there and let you bash their brains in! The problem with the gun is that you cannot out-run the bullet but the attacker can still remain quite safely out of reach. And if he has drawn first and is already pointing his gun at you good luck defending yourself with your concealed weapon!

It is also difficult to hide a battle axe.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Says more about many of our people than about guns.

No, those statistics directly correlate to access and ownership of guns here in the U.S.. The gun lobby promotes and envisions a country where every "law-abiding" citizen owns and know how to operate a handgun. Only then will these types of senseless acts of violence be squashed - because everyone will be able to defend themselves. What a major fail of human logic.

No, those statistics directly correlate to access and ownership of guns here in the U.S.. The gun lobby promotes and envisions a country where every "law-abiding" citizen owns and know how to operate a handgun. Only then will these types of senseless acts of violence be squashed - because everyone will be able to defend themselves. What a major fail of human logic.

So your saying that most of the gun related deaths in the US are committed by licensed gun owners? Is that what your saying?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

capture139.jpg

So your saying that most of the gun related deaths in the US are committed by licensed gun owners? Is that what your saying?

Mortality

All suicides

Number of deaths: 36,909

Deaths per 100,000 population: 12.0

Cause of death rank: 10

Firearm suicides

Number of deaths: 18,735

Deaths per 100,000 population: 6.1

Mortality

All homicides

Number of deaths: 16,799

Deaths per 100,000 population: 5.5

Cause of death rank: 15

Firearm homicides

Number of deaths: 11,493

Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.7

capture139.jpg

Culture. Chances are you don't have a bunch of idiots watching reality TV in that country along with inner city gang banging thugs and back talking kids with fat ####### soccer moms and yuppie parents who let their kids get away with bloody murder. The US sucks in so many depts. these days it's sickening. It's time to clean house and start over again.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

In other words, 'guns don't kill, Americans do'? :wow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Since when did you become an advocate for needing a license to own a gun? :secret: (It is not a requirement now)

Since when did you become an advocate for needing a license to own a gun? :secret: (It is not a requirement now)

You don't even need a license to carry a concealed weapon up here. What I'm getting at is that most of the gun related deaths are committed by known criminals aka gang bangers and thugs. 50 people in Chicago were murdered by a gun last week but you don't see any threads on here about that do you. Why is that? 14 people got gunned down in a Colorado movie theater and 50 people died of gun shot wounds in Chicago in one week alone.

sigbet.jpg