541 posts in this topic

So what exactly did this guy do wrong?

We already went over that. He tweeted something inappropriate due to his ignorance of the day's news.

Now, can we go back to you explaining to me where I made racist comments and claimed not to care about Chicago's violence? I'm pretty curious where that came from. :)

It was apparently an automated tweet

The tweet was posted via Hootsuite, an app that lets Web publishers schedule tweets to go out automatically at a later date or time. "Scheduled tweets can be dangerous," wrote @B2BMarketingVP.

From the same article..

It turned out, however, that the tweet was posted by someone who hadn't seen news of the mass shooting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

thread drift.

You fellas have any friction problems?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

It's totally screwed up these days and it just keep getting worse. Back when I went to school the worse thing you had to worry about when getting in a fight was catching a tire iron or a baseball bat over your head. A few stitches and you were good to go. You didn't see kids back talking their parents back then like you do today. It was a respect issue and if you screwed up you can be sure you caught an ####### whipping...at home and at school by the teachers who were allowed to beat you with a wooden paddle back then. Kids today are a bunch of basket cases for the most part. Their week.

Well, adults were definitely more proactive when kids screwed up, that part is true, but so were the number of latch-key kids that were expected to manage on their own while the parent(s) were at work. Our high school dean had a paddle in his office, and was just as likely to use it on the students as he was the parents. Yeah, we had all that.

But, the sixties and seventies were not without their tragedies. When was the last time a US President, or a Presidential candidate was assassinated? When was the last time armed groups were running around robbing banks, kidnapping people, and killing judges? Those same folks that were setting bombs in the sixties are now tenured professors at universities across the US.

Yeah, things are a little messed up, but not as bad as it once was. These nostalgic OWS thugs think they are something else, but they are wimps compared to the radicals of the sixties.

From the same article..

It turned out, however, that the tweet was posted by someone who hadn't seen news of the mass shooting.

Oooh, good catch!

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Apparently the account itself has been deleted, perhaps the man or woman with it?

Perhaps.

I was thinking about the automated tweet thing. I suppose it would be particularly useful for rhetoric.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Guns were more freely available 50 years ago and these types of shootings didn't occur with anywhere near the frequency that they do today. Society has changed for the worse.

:thumbs:

my dad told me he used to hitchhike to go hunting as a kid. can you imagine some kid hitchhiking nowadays with his .22 to go hunting?

swat teams, news helicopters, and probably a kid getting shot by the police.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

my dad told me he used to hitchhike to go hunting as a kid. can you imagine some kid hitchhiking nowadays with his .22 to go hunting?

You still see it in some of the back country. Problem is, the cities and bedroom communities are eating up all the good hunting areas.

Timeline

Charles - you can still do that in Texas and Mississippi.

In some parts.

Currently...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Charles - you can still do that in Texas and Mississippi.

In some parts.

Currently...

You can't even make a joke at the airport anymore - because the bomb team is called. The world has certainly changed.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

You can't even make a joke at the airport anymore - because the bomb team is called. The world has certainly changed.

I not mention any airport. What's up? What are you thinking? Care to elucidate, explain more?

Look, Texas is HUGE. Hunting for Sport is a big deal. There's a coupla million square miles here that are rural, where hunting is not only allowed, but encouraged.

If'n I had to show you a map, I'd point out that the airports are NOT in the hunting zones, are NOT in the rural areas.

Do you hunt ? Did you grow up with hunting? H3ll, for that matter, are you even a Texan ?? No ? Yes??? Aiyo..

Edited by Darnell

You wouldn't understand. You don't have a job.

Don't forget to make it back to your coffin before sunrise.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Don't forget to make it back to your coffin before sunrise.

Ah, that was bad and I shouldn't have said it.

I do think you should, though, try to get your information from somewhere other than yahoo news. Surely your internet can find CNN, NBS, or even FOX?

I knew about this shooting at 6:30 pm. I always look at the news pages in the morning. It's more efficient than trying to get news from the TV.