541 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

googlead.png

now appearing at the top of the page for me. even google ads disagree with alan. :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

This is why - The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment. The District’s total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of “arms” that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense. Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this prohibition—in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute—would fail constitutional muster.

Heller vs DC was primarily about handguns. Additionally, many public officials/police/military would not enforce such a ban.

In other words, to do what you propose would require a change to a constitutional amendment that would never succeed.

They will obey the law as it is from time to time or be fired or jailed.

It's up to them

Machine guns/hand grenades etc are already banned so it's obvious that certain classes of weapon can be banned at the Federal Level

Almost all other first world countries do just fine without hand guns in the street so why not the US

I already have 100 times the fire power in my house than any pistol wielding home defender and my proposal doesn't change that

moresheep400100.jpg

Class III weapons

It's up to them

Machine guns/hand grenades etc are already banned so it's obvious that certain classes of weapon can be banned at the Federal Level

Almost all other first world countries do just fine without hand guns in the street so why not the US

I already have 100 times the fire power in my house than any pistol wielding home defender and my proposal doesn't change that

Machine guns are not banned, just a little more paperwork involved. PS - I have two. You want to buy one, just go here> Class III weapons

Timeline

Yeah, magazine fed, gas operated hunting rifles.:yes:

or i should say, same model - it's a mini 14

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It's up to them

Machine guns are not banned.

Timeline

Class III weapons

Machine guns are not banned, just a little more paperwork involved. PS - I have two. You want to buy one, just go here> Class III weapons

ok well this demonstrates that the government can change regulations and restrict certain classes of weapon

I live next door to Illinois where town laws pre-empt state laws - so its possible to drive 20 miles and go from legal to Felon and back again several times without realizing it

As far as I know they are subject to the 2nd - so it can be done and it has been done

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Machine guns are not banned.

Don't be picky as the exception proves the rule and that just proves that a class can be strapped down so tight that it is IMPRACTIAL for most people to acquire one

Every Englishman has the right to bear arms as at today (bill of rights 1689 still in force). Nevertheless the surrounding regulations can crush the life out of that right while leaving it theoretically intact

Look at Illinois - it's already been done

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Ashud Cocoa, perhaps you would be interested in an RAF Lewis gun I saw recently. 100% legal.

If I could afford it, I'd buy it just knowing it might have been on an SE5A or a Bristol F2B etc.

My grandad had one in May 1917

Didn't do him any good

The Prussians killed him anyway, 3 months after he arrived in France

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Don't be picky as the exception proves the rule and that just proves that a class can be strapped down so tight that it is IMPRACTIAL for most people to acquire one

Every Englishman has the right to bear arms as at today (bill of rights 1689 still in force). Nevertheless the surrounding regulations can crush the life out of that right while leaving it theoretically intact

Look at Illinois - it's already been done

Well I think one of the biggest differences you have to realize is that US law grandfathers people who may own certain items that were legal but now illegal.

Hence you can still buy older machine guns etc. Therefore if the US were to somehow ban handguns in say 2030, those who own handguns would not turn them in, they would probably be legal pre-2030 firearms etc.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

People think pot is a gateway to harder drugs. I think banning handguns is a gateway to banning all guns.

Why should a government restrict it's people to such an extent as to tell them how to defend their home. If I kill someone with a hand gun or I kill them with a shotgun aren't they still just as dead?

I do get it, it's because a handgun can be concealed. Now why does someone want to conceal their weapon? Many reasons I guess but mostly because they don't want anyone to know they have it. Maybe someone involved in something illicit like slingin' meth (I'm into the third season of Breaking Bad). These people aren't going to turn in their hand guns if the government mandates it so it doesn't really solve the problem.

Timeline

If a poll of handgun owners was held and the question was this :

Would you give up the right to own a handgun if it would save a thousand Americans from being shot dead next year ?

If the answer to that was "NO", then it would confirm my worst fears about the insularity one-from-another of the American people and that its a "ME " society where they pay lip service to being a team, but in realty they don't care about each other a tiny little bit

Individuality = "I don't care about you or your family" and "I will help you so long as its dropping a few dollars in the charity box - but no further - my gun comes before you and yours"

I really do suspect this is true actually, and if so, that is why my personal culture will remain forever English where pooling of interests have been the tradition

and the killing will go on...

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

If a poll of handgun owners was held and the question was this :

Would you give up the right to own a handgun if it would save a thousand Americans from being shot dead next year ?

all one has to do to see how effective banning guns would be in the above scenario is to look at crime in Illinois.....

Out of all the people who own handguns for home protection, how many have used theirs?

waving.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *