541 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The UK has the mind set that even if 1% of people are left without healthcare, that is not acceptable

Same with the 1% of people killed with tazers

It's a deep essential difference in the cultural make up of the two countries

The Brits don't sacrifice individuals for the good of the majority. The US does.

the Brits would rather be poorer as a whole than leave one person behind

Its the thinking that gave birth to the NHS

This is a major difference between the UK and US. I suppose it is hard to understand if you aren't a Brit.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

This is a major difference between the UK and US. I suppose it is hard to understand if you aren't a Brit.

I know for a fact thats not true, many people don't like the way the government has become over protective.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

2 of 1000 is .2%

For all we know civilian models might be as low as .02%

If they care about people so much, why didn't they pass the round knife law, or the law that pint glasses should be made of unbreakable material. Or why haven't they built massive barriers to stop ppl killing themselves on the rail lines or the tube?

The number of people killed by beer glasses is a real problem and there is hardly enough space left to bury them all in the yookay. Even plastic glasses are dangerous and I would be in favor of rice paper pint glasses and rubber floors in pubs

I don't know what a round knife is - is it something like a chocolate fireguard ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for making light of sexual assault.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know for a fact thats not true, many people don't like the way the government has become over protective.

What does the nanny state have to do with allowing weapons? You will find that the people who whine about the nanny state are ignorant and don't understand how lucky they are.

Some police forces don't have tasers, why would they allow people to own them?

Timeline

The number of people killed by beer glasses is a real problem and there is hardly enough space left to bury them all in the yookay. Even plastic glasses are dangerous and I would be in favor of rice paper pint glasses and rubber floors in pubs

I don't know what a round knife is - is it something like a chocolate fireguard ?

There was a recent law they tried to pass that required all knifes have blunt tips. Also the stat of the 2 deaths per 1000 was in error. They did an autopsy and neither person died from the taser.

What does the nanny state have to do with allowing weapons? You will find that the people who whine about the nanny state are ignorant and don't understand how lucky they are.

Some police forces don't have tasers, why would they allow people to own them?

It was in reference to Alan's comment about protecting people.

Timeline

Better than the opposite eg Chicago/Milwaukee etc

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Better than the opposite eg Chicago/Milwaukee etc

Thats the problem with government, its almost always one or the other. The ideal form of government is one that strikes out for balance and moderation.

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

Thats the problem with government, its almost always one or the other. The ideal form of government is one that strikes out for balance and moderation.

I will go with that 100%

But the republicans hate any form of government other than as a vehicle for paying the military and buying its equipment

I want safe medicines/safe skies/safe air and clean water and universal healthcare - all of which are provided or ensured by government

I want planning restrictions on my neighbors so they don't open an all night pole dancing club - that's government

Good government is VERY desirable

These wild westers must have no imagination of how bad life can be without good government

They really are cave men

moresheep400100.jpg

I wanna buy a smaller pistol that will fit in my back pocket or clipped in the small of my back.

Ruger LCP, Kahr, etc., would be good choices.

Its like a 1911 except

Nothing is like a 1911.

for a Garand.

Are you familiar with the CMP? If not, check it out. You can save yourself a bunch of money.

I've asked my wife if she wants a C2 taser to carry in her pocket

I acknowledge you guys can't really carry, but a taser is an horrible weapon to carry for defense.

She'd be better off carrying an air horn. Some people say pepper spray, some like a cool key chain. My wife just carries a steak knife!

I have a RUGER LCR revolver

That's what my mom carries.

Its laws like that where I do wonder if politicians want people to be victims.

You just summed up my stance on handgun laws.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Ruger LCP, Kahr, etc., would be good choices.

Nothing is like a 1911.

Are you familiar with the CMP? If not, check it out. You can save yourself a bunch of money.

Yep, I meet their requirements. I don't give myself much to play with each month (about 150USD) so I need to save up for a good 4 months yet if I want a service grade.

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

Yep, I meet their requirements. I don't give myself much to play with each month (about 150USD) so I need to save up for a good 4 months yet if I want a service grade.

Depends what its for - if you want a small simple gun that you can carry, and that a woman can carry and use, then the RUGER LCR and its clones are the best

As soon as you start going all dodge ram trying to be mr tough guy, you end up with a massive thing, the slide of which is too strong for a woman, and the size of which makes it impractical to carry

All my guns except the LCR are for target shooting

I keep an LCR in case some crazed Republican goes off his head in this apt block on the night of November 6/Novenber 7, and I have to walk down to the garage to put him out of his misery. It uses the 38 special cartridge as used by most police departments for 60 years.

If you meet the zomby from hell with 6 layers of kevlar armor, he will probably have an AR-15 with 30 round mags (like me), and then you are sunk whether you have a 45 cal 911 or not

Handguns are pretty pathetic using say 4 grains of powder - even a small 223 rifle uses 25 grains - so there is no comparison when it comes to power. I saw a post by one guy who said "My handgun is there to get me to my rifle"

and that makes sense if you live in the kind of area that I will never live in

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

013011_raging_judge_1.jpg

The Raging Judge Magnum can chamber .454 Casull, .45 Colt, 2.5-inch and 3-inch .410 shotgun shells.

ultimate zombie stopper. :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I would suggest getting it sooner rather than later. CMP always has a good quantity, but the lower grades tend to dry up quickly - especially around election time. Might I also suggest saving for some ammo too. Their Greek surplus is top notch.

I'm saving for a new rifle too. Barett M-82A1. Probably gonna be more than four months...

slide of which is too strong for a woman,

That's why I married a Russian.

If you meet the zomby from hell with 6 layers of kevlar armor, he will probably have an AR-15 with 30 round mags (like me), and then you are sunk whether you have a 45 cal 911 or not

What are your thoughts on body armor?

Currently I'm running an IOTV with SAPI plates. The good thing about it is the places handguns are typically effective against (neck, groin, shoulders, etc.) are pretty well protected with it's accessories. Obviously not going to stop multiple rifle rounds, but if you're going up against armored anything, your handgun should be the last thing in your hand!

I saw a post by one guy who said "My handgun is there to get me to my rifle" and that makes sense if you live in the kind of area that I will never live in

That was me. I stole it from Col. Cooper. But I wholeheartedly agree with it.

I also wholeheartedly agree than anything I need to shoot with my handgun can be better shot with my shotgun.

and illegal in my state lol (all of the .45 colt /.410s are)

I can't imagine what goes on in the head of a politician who thinks banning a certain caliber of ammo makes people safer.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"