541 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They certainly do get worse, look at all the celebrities that go off the rails. There's too many of them to list!

Addiction is a huge problem today, for both the rich and the poor. It's certainly easier if you're rich though.

Your son sounds like a lucky fellow, it is a shame he hasn't realized that. Unfortunately, as you know, addiction does that to people.

I've seen a number of parents try to save their children over and over, and who can blame them? They just want the best for their children. There has to be a point where it stops though. Either the child figures it out on their own or they don't. I can't begin to imagine how distressing this is for the parent.

While some are self destructive, others are able to recover from addiction. It is worth trying to save them all, even if it means only one is saved. If NA wasn't centered around faith and the church, maybe people would be able to take recovery more seriously.

Drug addiction obviously plays a huge part in the problems with gun violence. It fuels the demand for the drugs that are sold. If this cannot be tackled in a sensible way then gun violence will continue.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

They certainly do get worse, look at all the celebrities that go off the rails. There's too many of them to list!

Addiction is a huge problem today, for both the rich and the poor. It's certainly easier if you're rich though.

Your son sounds like a lucky fellow, it is a shame he hasn't realized that. Unfortunately, as you know, addiction does that to people.

I've seen a number of parents try to save their children over and over, and who can blame them? They just want the best for their children. There has to be a point where it stops though. Either the child figures it out on their own or they don't. I can't begin to imagine how distressing this is for the parent.

While some are self destructive, others are able to recover from addiction. It is worth trying to save them all, even if it means only one is saved. If NA wasn't centered around faith and the church, maybe people would be able to take recovery more seriously.

Drug addiction obviously plays a huge part in the problems with gun violence. It fuels the demand for the drugs that are sold. If this cannot be tackled in a sensible way then gun violence will continue.

The hardest part of being a parent of a black sheep is he parents of perfect children who point the finger and say it must be bad parenting. My best pal just had a Lexus bought for him by his daughter. Imagine what he thinks

So when people say that the parents of the inner city problem children are to blame, I am not at all sure. The other young black sheep around them are a bigger influence.

If dad is a disgrace, the kids often go opposite

Breaking the cycle is essential (no pun, I know a lot of em rob using cycles)

Drugs - I hate them and the drug sellers even more so

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think every single human in the USA should be issued a handgun and a case of ammo the day after they turn 16.

But that's just me, with an indefensible position ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I think every single human in the USA should be issued a handgun and a case of ammo the day after they turn 16.

Can we also give them a case of whiskey with that?

Timeline

Charles Manson ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Charles Manson ?

Charles would have been stopped by a human carrying their gov-issued handgun.

And you know that.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I think it's time to follow the UK in calling in all hand guns (including mine)

Sorry, I not really follow your first post.

But let me expand a bit.

Give EVERYONE A HAND GUN, then do a clean up after the baddies are killed every 6 months, redistributing their personal possessions to the folks that shot them.

Gangs would be gone. Safe Places would abound.

again, that's my indefensible position ;)

Timeline

The hardest part of being a parent of a black sheep is he parents of perfect children who point the finger and say it must be bad parenting. My best pal just had a Lexus bought for him by his daughter. Imagine what he thinks

So when people say that the parents of the inner city problem children are to blame, I am not at all sure. The other young black sheep around them are a bigger influence.

If dad is a disgrace, the kids often go opposite

Breaking the cycle is essential (no pun, I know a lot of em rob using cycles)

Drugs - I hate them and the drug sellers even more so

The parents aren't always to blame at all. If you have two children that turn out very differently then it is unlikely to be a result of the parenting. I have seen this happen and I agree it is the people they surround themselves with. Addicts spend their time with other addicts. Misery loves company. Unless they surround themselves with positive people, they will not change. This goes back to what I said about role models within the community, they are definitely important.

Timeline

Charles would have been stopped by a human carrying their gov-issued handgun.

And you know that.

I sure don't

Most people never see an attack like that coming

It's not like the range where they are seven paces away, in clear view, and making their intent clear and standing still

Most killers attack fast and without warning

Many times the victims cannot even describe their attackers

moresheep400100.jpg

I sure don't

Most people never see an attack like that coming

It's not like the range where they are seven paces away, in clear view, and making their intent clear and standing still

Most killers attack fast and without warning

Many times the victims cannot even describe their attackers

Dracula ?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

The parents aren't always to blame at all. If you have two children that turn out very differently then it is unlikely to be a result of the parenting. I have seen this happen and I agree it is the people they surround themselves with. Addicts spend their time with other addicts. Misery loves company. Unless they surround themselves with positive people, they will not change. This goes back to what I said about role models within the community, they are definitely important.

:thumbs:

Role models are number one but the black sheep will sneer at those and never turn. Luckily, the black sheep are the minority of kids and it's the luck of the draw if you get one..

When my son was 7, I was a Finance Director and I worked with him on his homework every night - but not doing it for him. Supportive, interested, but not pushy. He had gentle but firm discipline - no smacking or abuse. I went to the pub once a month and had 2 pints and I didn't smoke or swear. On his way back from school he broke into a garage and stole a car battery !

500 years from now they will be able to repair the brain wiring problem that causes it

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Dracula ?

Dracula failed his test with the English cricket club - but he was a first class bat

I was thinking more of the Yorkshire ripper - 13 dead victims and no warning

so much for self-defense

moresheep400100.jpg

All I know is it's been about three months since I've bought a handgun. That's something I need to remedy.

I need a good carry gun. I like to carry a Para Ordnance Warthog. I may just go with something else though. Any suggestions? As it stands I'm carrying a full size Para P-14. I'm not against the idea of carrying something else but that'll give you an idea of my leanings.

If the Obamacare tax goes through, it should be mandatory to participate in all other "rights" as well. Folks should have to own a gun or pay the penalty.

I was thinking more of the Yorkshire ripper - 13 dead victims and no warning

How is that possible without handguns?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

enalty.

How is that possible without handguns?

Think of the US servicemen armed with better weapons than you will ever be allowed to carry, who have been killed by the afghans they were training (a LOT)

There is no substitute for surprise and most times, no defense

That's why my cat practices surprise attacks all day long

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg

Think of the US servicemen armed with better weapons than you will ever be allowed to carry, who have been killed by the afghans they were training (a LOT)

There is no substitute for surprise and most times, no defense

That's why my cat practices surprise attacks all day long

Sure, but according to some on here there's no way to kill people without handguns.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"