541 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

:thumbs:

Welfare is not the root cause at all. Role models are definitely a large part of the problem. Back in the day rap was a little different, but now it is all about how much you made/make from selling drugs, how cool and threatening you are, etc. Look at Gucci Mane's face. :lol:

Is it right to expect people who come from those backgrounds to all of a sudden become moral, upstanding citizens who spread the good word? I don't think that is their obligation, they're just entertainers. So who do we turn to? People in their local communities seem like the best option.

I think role models works two ways.

If their role model is doing too well, they just think they will never get there, and they give up

Goals and role models have to seem achievable

ain't none o' dem going to grow up to be General Colin Powell no what I mean ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think role models works two ways.

If their role model is doing too well, they just think they will never get there, and they give up

Goals and role models have to seem achievable

ain't none o' dem going to grow up to be General Colin Powell no what I mean ?

Of course. None of them are going to grow up to be P Diddy with $500 mil either. They have to be realistic role models from the local community.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Its more of a role model issue than a welfare issue. About the only way I can see stopping inner city violence (and I'll warn you its a bit Fascist) is to take the young children out of the inner cities and raise them elsewhere, let the inner city populations age and die and then everyone moves back in. You have to break the cycle.re

This is just my opinion, but the current situation developed in the 50s and 60s. In the 40s african american population had moved up to higher level jobs and away from low skill manufacturing like the textile industry etc. But then after the war, they were displaced and not content to return to low paying jobs etc, and then you started to see the friction and the riots like in LA and future generations fell into the circle of violence having been segregated from society.

The current gang violence we have in the US in ghettos etc. is not really that old - it started to form in the 60s and peaked in the 80s/90s and is dropping. There was a missed opportunity after world war two that if a less racist America had adopted we would have all been better off. That was a period that the african american population as a whole was striving to officially enter the middle class.

Back on the topic of handguns, I don't see them curbing violence. Instead I see the violence shifting towards more deadly directions...from edit...

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

Of course. None of them are going to grow up to be P Diddy with $500 mil either. They have to be realistic role models from the local community.

my google is exhausted !

who the is P.Diddy ?

oh I see... he sho ain't no little richard

Only model I would like to role is liz hurley

but seriously, these communities need attainable role models more than I need a pint of Timothy Taylor's landlord

--- and that's a lot

moresheep400100.jpg

I don't think welfare is the root cause. Maybe you do?

I absolutely do.

Where do people who buy drugs get money for rent and food? Where do people get money to feed those ####### kids? How do people birth children without some kind of "free" healthcare? How can a man who hasn't held gainful employment for 30+ years still exist? How can a woman with four kids by three different men (none of whom she lives with) afford to put $100 sneakers on her children's feet? How can she afford a cell phone?

The fact of the matter is we subsidize the growth of the welfare state by "feeding the animals." (And I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I mean that in a biological manner.) It's a systematic problem - not an individual problem. I don't knock anyone for living that lifestyle if that's what they choose to live. It's obviously sufficient to sustain a decent living.

When you say things like, "Oh, they just wanna be like Gucci Mane." I have to call bullsh!t because they couldn't afford to pursue that lifestyle if someone wasn't subsidizing it. They wouldn't have money for rent, food, shoes, etc. The drug dealers wouldn't have money because their customers would be too busy buying food and shelter, paying for their own electric, etc.

If you don't feed the animals... they have to find their own food.

People in their local communities seem like the best option.

People in the local communities are not leaders. They're "followers" of that free money just like everyone else.

Take away the free money and you'll see real leaders step up. Leaders who get up to go to work on time. Leaders who take care of their children. Leaders who aren't scared to wear a belt.

Its more of a role model issue than a welfare issue. About the only way I can see stopping inner city violence (and I'll warn you its a bit Fascist) is to take the young children out of the inner cities and raise them elsewhere,

Why not just stop giving everyone "free money" and allow them to be Americans and figure it out for themselves?

Do we really feel these "citizens" aren't capable of taking care of themselves?

Only model I would like to role is liz hurley

I absolutely LOVE Liz Hurley.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Why not just stop giving everyone "free money" and allow them to be Americans and figure it out for themselves?

It might cause them to move where jobs are, but there would still be a percentage to deal with.

You can't invest in fixing a problem while subsidizing the root cause.

Until we stop paying them to sit around smoking weed and having kids, the problem will get worse and worse. It's not about education. It's about accountability.

I wish I had a dollar for every "it's so hard to get a job" young man that I've worked with. Their work ethic is atrocious and it's no wonder they struggle to keep a job. Yet we "reward" them for losing the job. We pay them to live with a woman they're not married to and we "reward" her when they have another child they can't afford to take care of. We've incentivized an irresponsible lifestyle. Until that stops, the problem will get worse and worse.

Education, eh? Why did most of our fathers and grandfathers succeed on only a grade school education? It's because they had work ethic. Where did that work ethic come from? It came from their fathers and grandfathers. Where are the fathers and grandfathers of today's urban youth?

They're in jail, dead, or shacked up with "their other baby mama" and don't have the availability to take a nice strap of leather to the backside of their (also) deadbeat kids. Until that changes... the problem will get worse.

Now, lets add some modern realities in there.

Today's suburban kids, who also lacked the strap of leather to their backsides, were given trophies for merely showing up. "Well, you tried really hard and gave it your best... so here's a trophy. It's fair for everyone!" As such, they've been coddled into thinking the problems of the world are best solved by giving trophies to everyone instead of calling a loser - who really did lose the contest - a loser.

Our grandfathers would've kicked someone's @$$ if they didn't do their part. Today, we reward them. Until that changes... the problem will only get worse.

The "fix" for all this is not education, jobs programs, more money, etc. The "fix" is simply requiring men and women of all ages, races, zip codes, to be accountable for their own actions. Stop paying them to do nothing and the problem will clear itself up. Once women have to choose mates based on traditional means of security and child-rearing potential again, instead of who has the biggest rims and the nicest gym shoes, we'll see a shift in family dynamics and society will benefit greatly from it.

This post is spot on! Excellent! :thumbs:

It might cause them to move where jobs are, but there would still be a percentage to deal with.

What do you mean "deal with?"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

And it's because of your usual post like that one that some of us here think you would be better off posting in OT on a game thread and not here in P&R. All this is obviously over your head and I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm just being honest and calling it like I see it so please don't take offense with this post.

I broke my mouse trying to give this post more +'s! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I absolutely do.

Where do people who buy drugs get money for rent and food? Where do people get money to feed those ####### kids? How do people birth children without some kind of "free" healthcare? How can a man who hasn't held gainful employment for 30+ years still exist? How can a woman with four kids by three different men (none of whom she lives with) afford to put $100 sneakers on her children's feet? How can she afford a cell phone?

The fact of the matter is we subsidize the growth of the welfare state by "feeding the animals." (And I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I mean that in a biological manner.) It's a systematic problem - not an individual problem. I don't knock anyone for living that lifestyle if that's what they choose to live. It's obviously sufficient to sustain a decent living.

When you say things like, "Oh, they just wanna be like Gucci Mane." I have to call bullsh!t because they couldn't afford to pursue that lifestyle if someone wasn't subsidizing it. They wouldn't have money for rent, food, shoes, etc. The drug dealers wouldn't have money because their customers would be too busy buying food and shelter, paying for their own electric, etc.

If you don't feed the animals... they have to find their own food.

People in the local communities are not leaders. They're "followers" of that free money just like everyone else.

Take away the free money and you'll see real leaders step up. Leaders who get up to go to work on time. Leaders who take care of their children. Leaders who aren't scared to wear a belt.

Well said!

People have to endure the results of their actions and on a community level others have to witness it.

That.... is how stigmas are born.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

There will still group of the population that rely solely on crime.

If there's nothing to steal or nobody has money to buy their drugs, how will they survive?

Crime is a business just like any other. If there's no profit, it goes bankrupt and closes up shop.

People have to endure the results of their actions and on a community level others have to witness it.

We could eliminate stigmas immediately by holding everyone equally accountable.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Well said!

Would it be alright with jesus if we sort of 'did things' to stop stigmas being born ?

moresheep400100.jpg