541 posts in this topic

Yes - just paying to keep these kids off your lawn is not sustainable

So getting them into the middle class is the challenge

Is the USA strong enough to rise to it ?

=====================================================================

It is wrong to put temptation in the path of any nation,

   For fear they should succumb and go astray;

So when you are requested to pay up or be molested,

   You will find it better policy to say: --

"We never pay any-one Dane-geld,

   No matter how trifling the cost;

For the end of that game is oppression and shame,

   And the nation that plays it is lost!"

When I was a Network Engineer I learned a simple solution to a lot of issues. Ask yourself when is the last time it worked ? Then ask what changed ? Then start troubleshooting the change. since the we started spending large sums of money on Social programs, the demographic you speak of has become worse in every-way almost. When the war on poverty started the black illegitimacy rate was around 18%. it is now around 72%. That is a large part of your problem. It seems to me that pure logic would dictate that reversing the great society and ending entitlements is the answer. If you are eating a box of jelly doughnuts everyday and getting fat, only an insane person could think eating 2 boxes would make you slim.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You can't invest in fixing a problem while subsidizing the root cause.

Until we stop paying them to sit around smoking weed and having kids, the problem will get worse and worse. It's not about education. It's about accountability.

I wish I had a dollar for every "it's so hard to get a job" young man that I've worked with. Their work ethic is atrocious and it's no wonder they struggle to keep a job. Yet we "reward" them for losing the job. We pay them to live with a woman they're not married to and we "reward" her when they have another child they can't afford to take care of. We've incentivized an irresponsible lifestyle. Until that stops, the problem will get worse and worse.

Education, eh? Why did most of our fathers and grandfathers succeed on only a grade school education? It's because they had work ethic. Where did that work ethic come from? It came from their fathers and grandfathers. Where are the fathers and grandfathers of today's urban youth?

They're in jail, dead, or shacked up with "their other baby mama" and don't have the availability to take a nice strap of leather to the backside of their (also) deadbeat kids. Until that changes... the problem will get worse.

Now, lets add some modern realities in there.

Today's suburban kids, who also lacked the strap of leather to their backsides, were given trophies for merely showing up. "Well, you tried really hard and gave it your best... so here's a trophy. It's fair for everyone!" As such, they've been coddled into thinking the problems of the world are best solved by giving trophies to everyone instead of calling a loser - who really did lose the contest - a loser.

Our grandfathers would've kicked someone's @$$ if they didn't do their part. Today, we reward them. Until that changes... the problem will only get worse.

The "fix" for all this is not education, jobs programs, more money, etc. The "fix" is simply requiring men and women of all ages, races, zip codes, to be accountable for their own actions. Stop paying them to do nothing and the problem will clear itself up. Once women have to choose mates based on traditional means of security and child-rearing potential again, instead of who has the biggest rims and the nicest gym shoes, we'll see a shift in family dynamics and society will benefit greatly from it.

My dad worked hard from age 14 to 65 but he only got peanuts.

We were the the lowest income household of any in our area and yet I was taught to 'look down' on other people (who would guess) because we didn't fight, steal, gamble, use obscenities or buy stuff we couldn't afford and we paid our rent on the dot..

Acquiring a superiority complex by this route is free, and I recommend it as it can maintain a sense of 'well being' through hard financial times.

Even if I lived next door to Mitt Romney, I would still believe I was 'better than him'

moresheep400100.jpg

I would still believe I was 'better than him'

And that's where it all comes from. Pride. Self-worth. It's not about money.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

And it's because of your usual post like that one that some of us here think you would be better off posting in OT on a game thread and not here in P&R. All this is obviously over your head and I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm just being honest and calling it like I see it so please don't take offense with this post.

I'm flattered that you feel the need to chase me around and repeat yourself, but I'm really not interested, sorry.

Edited by rocks

Timeline

Concur.. I have never seen him offer one substantive answer that had anything to do with the subject or a defense of his position. Like you said not trying to be mean, just stating the obvious.

Him? :lol:

You're so right, as usual, I'm a man... :bonk:

Timeline

I think Rocks post went over your head. Did you read what was posted after "Yawn?" It answered your question, or maybe the answer went over your head! Here, try again...

PkXvO.png

rKodU.png

He has a crush on me, he just wants my attention. :)

Timeline

A third of the world are going on courses to boost their self-confidence , and when they get home they spend their time taking kicks at people who already have it, and because they have it.

Another third have false pride and don't deserve their self-image.

My son used to sell 'acid tabs' in the discos in Spain - and then he would puff himself up with all the money he had and text me at 3am to say he wouldn't get out of bed for my income and he was king of the world

He is a penniless drunk now. He takes after my first wife - not me. Except that she isn't bald with a cheap botty tattoo.

That leaves a third for me and you

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Agreed, it isn't about money. No one needs money to be satisfied, that can only come from within. It can be tough for some to have pride in themselves if they don't feel they have the opportunities to be successful in life. Of course it is possible for some to get out of poverty, but others may need a little more help. They need education to show them what they are capable of achieving.

Timeline

Agreed, it isn't about money. No one needs money to be satisfied, that can only come from within. It can be tough for some to have pride in themselves if they don't feel they have the opportunities to be successful in life. Of course it is possible for some to get out of poverty, but others may need a little more help. They need education to show them what they are capable of achieving.

In the words of stevey wonder - "Her clothes are old, but never are they dirty"

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Until we stop paying them to sit around smoking weed and having kids, the problem will get worse and worse. It's not about education. It's about accountability. (...) It came from their fathers and grandfathers. Where are the fathers and grandfathers of today's urban youth?

They're in jail, dead, or shacked up with "their other baby mama" and don't have the availability to take a nice strap of leather to the backside of their (also) deadbeat kids. Until that changes... the problem will get worse.

I don't think welfare is the root cause. Maybe you do?

I think it is who they see as role models. Who they strive to become. And it's just a completely different culture. They see an '89 regal with 26 inch rims and a nice paint job and think "when I grow up I want to be like him."

The guys that have money are dope dealers.

Rap music is also a huge problem. They all know who Lil Wheazy and Gucci Mane is but probably don't know who the VP is (or what that even stands for!)

In high school I asked two of my friends who the first president was. No joke, one said George Clinton and the other said George Jefferson!

If I go onto Facebook and look at some of my black friends and look at their friends, they all (at least 80%) change their middle name on FB to something like this (real examples):

John "DetroitMackin" Doe

Jane "Superfly" Doe (works at Real Ni66a at THESE STREETS)

Jane "KlearlySingle" Doe

Jane "Sheaintme" Doe

John "Morecash" Doe

John "CigHomie" Doe (works at HUSTLA at Streets)

Jane "

IPhatty Biicch ImKold" Doe

Jane "UgotMeFuccedUP" Doe (last status "Dog!!! Love and Hip Hop iz da ####!!! Lil scrappy and his bm finna mangle Stevie J weak ####! and that ole man lookin #### ######. Dat tall hoe needed dat #### tapped!!")

And I've noticed a lot of their favorite quotations (in the info section) are a bunch of rap lyrics.

You have to be blind not to see the culture is messed up. I used to have a lot of black friends back in the days. We hung around in Detroit, smoked weed all day, listened to rap music, and I saw it first hand. The living conditions were messed up. A 3 bedroom run down house basically a daycare center. People in and out all the time. People sitting on the floor. No air conditioning. A bunch of kids all with different moms and dads. Nobody worked a real job. The guy that just got home from prison living there. The elderly guy that was probably related to someone living there. Other people in and out. Smoking weed in front of the kids. One of the guys had a pitbull and would fight him in a bloody deathmatch. Very very ghetto.

On a scale of what is the problem welfare ranks pretty low IMO.

Edited by ☠

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

I think it is who they see as role models. Who they strive to become. And it's just a completely different culture. They see an '89 regal with 26 inch rims and a nice paint job and think "when I grow up I want to be like him."

Rap music is also a huge problem. They all know who Lil Wheazy and Gucci Mane is but probably don't know who the VP is (or what that even stands for!)

In high school I asked two of my friends who the first president was. No joke, one said George Clinton and the other said George Jefferson!

If I go onto Facebook and look at some of my black friends and look at their friends, they all (at least 80%) change their middle name on FB to something like this (real examples):

John "DetroitMackin" Doe

Jane "Superfly" Doe (works at Real Ni66a at THESE STREETS)

Jane "KlearlySingle" Doe

Jane "Sheaintme" Doe

John "Morecash" Doe

John "CigHomie" Doe (works at HUSTLA at Streets)

Jane "

IPhatty Biicch ImKold" Doe

Jane "UgotMeFuccedUP" Doe (last status "Dog!!! Love and Hip Hop iz da ####!!! Lil scrappy and his bm finna mangle Stevie J weak ####! and that ole man lookin #### ######. Dat tall hoe needed dat #### tapped!!")

And I've noticed a lot of their favorite quotations (in the info section) are a bunch of rap lyrics.

You have to be blind not to see the culture is messed up. I used to have a lot of black friends back in the days. We hung around in Detroit, smoked weed all day, listened to rap music, and I saw it first hand. The living conditions were messed up. A 3 bedroom run down house basically a daycare center. People in and out all the time. People sitting on the floor. No air conditioning. A bunch of kids all with different moms and dads. Nobody worked a real job. The guy that just got home from prison living there. The elderly guy that was probably related to someone living there. Other people in and out. Smoking weed in front of the kids. One of the guys had a pitbull and would fight him in a bloody deathmatch. Very very ghetto.

On a scale of what is the problem welfare ranks pretty low IMO.

I suspect they have given up before they start..

If it had not been for amazing good luck (as well as galactic ability) I too could have been like them

They feel comfortable having hit the bottom and had to stop

Confucius he say - better to be laid on bottom of dry swimming pool than be falling off roof of apartment block

moresheep400100.jpg

Until we stop paying them to sit around smoking weed and having kids, the problem will get worse and worse. It's not about education. It's about accountability.

I wish I had a dollar for every "it's so hard to get a job" young man that I've worked with. Their work ethic is atrocious and it's no wonder they struggle to keep a job. Yet we "reward" them for losing the job. We pay them to live with a woman they're not married to and we "reward" her when they have another child they can't afford to take care of. We've incentivized an irresponsible lifestyle. Until that stops, the problem will get worse and worse.

Education, eh? Why did most of our fathers and grandfathers succeed on only a grade school education? It's because they had work ethic. Where did that work ethic come from? It came from their fathers and grandfathers. Where are the fathers and grandfathers of today's urban youth?

Now, lets add some modern realities in there.

Today's suburban kids, who also lacked the strap of leather to their backsides, were given trophies for merely showing up. "Well, you tried really hard and gave it your best... so here's a trophy. It's fair for everyone!" As such, they've been coddled into thinking the problems of the world are best solved by giving trophies to everyone instead of calling a loser - who really did lose the contest - a loser.

Our grandfathers would've kicked someone's @$ if they didn't do their part. Today, we reward them. Until that changes... the problem will only get worse.

The "fix" for all this is not education, jobs programs, more money, etc. The "fix" is simply requiring men and women of all ages, races, zip codes, to be accountable for their own actions. Stop paying them to do nothing and the problem will clear itself up. Once women have to choose mates based on traditional means of security and child-rearing potential again, instead of who has the biggest rims and the nicest gym shoes, we'll see a shift in family dynamics and society will benefit greatly from it.

Amen and a resounding heck Yes. everything you said is so obvious I don't know why others don't get it .

Timeline

:thumbs:

Welfare is not the root cause at all. Role models are definitely a large part of the problem. Back in the day rap was a little different, but now it is all about how much you made/make from selling drugs, how cool and threatening you are, etc. Look at Gucci Mane's face. :lol:

Is it right to expect people who come from those backgrounds to all of a sudden become moral, upstanding citizens who spread the good word? I don't think that is their obligation, they're just entertainers. So who do we turn to? People in their local communities seem like the best option.

Edited by rocks