541 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Q: Would handgun owners give up their hand guns if it meant less crime.

A: I would never trade something so important in exchange for a "PROMISE" of lower crime.

I don't personally know a person who has been killed or even shot by guns. Why ask me to try to solve a problem I don't even see.. except on the news.

As slim said most of the problem is located in small pockets of real estate.

I wonder how this country would stack up to others in crime if we were to exclude those "pockets" from the statistical calculations.....no doubt we would still be in the lead but I bet the gap would narrow considerably.

I was listening to C-span this morning (wife is in Milwaukee so no celebrity ####### channels playing)

A caller actually suggested anyone convicted of a third felony should be deported.

The 'oh so civilized' lady on C Span said "deported to where ?" and the caller said "Africa, where they came from"

She said "I don't know what to say to that " and pulled to plug on him

I don't feel animosity towards the people "In those areas" - just the opposite. I think they have been allowed to run wild instead of being embraced into middle class society where they would HAVE SOMETHING TO LOSE

Of course its a chicken and egg situation now where nobody wants to hire a wild child and the wild child will remain wild until someone hires him

The government needs to organize a solution that gets these kids into the middle class rather that construct a fleet of boats to take X million people to the Congo - and the route to that is via EDUCATION and there is no other way

While that is happening (40 years ? ), it would be helpful if they didn't have guns

moresheep400100.jpg

I was listening to C-span this morning (wife is in Milwaukee so no celebrity ####### channels playing)

A caller actually suggested anyone convicted of a third felony should be deported.

The 'oh so civilized' lady on C Span said "deported to where ?" and the caller said "Africa, where they came from"

She said "I don't know what to say to that " and pulled to plug on him

I don't feel animosity towards the people "In those areas" - just the opposite. I think they have been allowed to run wild instead of being embraced into middle class society where they would HAVE SOMETHING TO LOSE

Of course its a chicken and egg situation now where nobody wants to hire a wild child and the wild child will remain wild until someone hires him

The government needs to organize a solution that gets these kids into the middle class rather that construct a fleet of boats to take X million people to the Congo - and the route to that is via EDUCATION and there is no other way

While that is happening (40 years ? ), it would be helpful if they didn't have guns

You have the wrong president in the white house for that to happen. You would have to cut back on the 6+ generations of welfare recipients seeing how it's a life style for some. You cut it off and there's most likely going to be riots. I don't see an easy solution myself.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You have the wrong president in the white house for that to happen. You would have to cut back on the 6+ generations of welfare recipients seeing how it's a life style for some. You cut it off and there's most likely going to be riots. I don't see an easy solution myself.

Let's hire Romney so he can fire all the remaining teachers. :rolleyes:

Let's hire Romney so he can fire all the remaining teachers. :rolleyes:

What does that post of yours have to do with reforming the welfare class?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yawn.

Yawn.

And it's because of your usual post like that one that some of us here think you would be better off posting in OT on a game thread and not here in P&R. All this is obviously over your head and I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm just being honest and calling it like I see it so please don't take offense with this post.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

The Victorians used to have the 'poor law' and it wasn't for the benefit of the poor

If you have herds of starving desperadoes in the streets, the whole weight of that is felt by the better off people

We have that on a small scale now

Cutting benefits would hasten the collapse of society so it needs to be clever than that

The UK has a program for single mothers which bribes then to go to work. I am sure the US will have a similar program. The UK system now pays a lot and they bear down on the women too, threatening to cut this or that (carrot and stick approach)

It's working and even my daughter went back to work and she has been there 2 years now and making good money

ok now this is a guns thread so let's haul it back to hand guns

Everyone agrees that hand gun crime peaks as a problem in the inner-city african american community

That isn't committed by unmarried mothers -its the boys and the men

Everyone throws resource at the women but precious little at the men. Its the same in the UK - a man is on his own and your bed is the bus station or the railway bridge if it all goes bad. Been there (almost)

There is no way that men can live like that and get back on the ladder at the same time

The taxpayer should invest in these guys in order to save a lot of money later - and have less gun crime as a result

moresheep400100.jpg

And it's because of your usual post like that one that some of us here think you would be better off posting in OT on a game thread and not here in P&R. All this is obviously over your head and I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm just being honest and calling it like I see it so please don't take offense with this post.

Concur.. I have never seen him offer one substantive answer that had anything to do with the subject or a defense of his position. Like you said not trying to be mean, just stating the obvious.

The Victorians used to have the 'poor law' and it wasn't for the benefit of the poor

If you have herds of starving desperadoes in the streets, the whole weight of that is felt by the better off people

We have that on a small scale now

Cutting benefits would hasten the collapse of society so it needs to be clever than that

The UK has a program for single mothers which bribes then to go to work. I am sure the US will have a similar program. The UK system now pays a lot and they bear down on the women too, threatening to cut this or that (carrot and stick approach)

It's working and even my daughter went back to work and she has been there 2 years now and making good money

ok now this is a guns thread so let's haul it back to hand guns

Everyone agrees that hand gun crime peaks as a problem in the inner-city african american community

That isn't committed by unmarried mothers -its the boys and the men

Everyone throws resource at the women but precious little at the men. Its the same in the UK - a man is on his own and your bed is the bus station or the railway bridge if it all goes bad. Been there (almost)

There is no way that men can live like that and get back on the ladder at the same time

The taxpayer should invest in these guys in order to save a lot of money later - and have less gun crime as a result

Where do you start? I mean we are talking about a group of people who worship gangsters. And I'm not just talking about African Americans, I'm talking about all races in inner city. Samoans here in Alaska (Anchorage) are the biggest problem up here. They can get jobs more easily than others seeing how a lot of places hire because of race (quota) yet they choose to rob and kill while collecting welfare checks. I mean it's not like they don't know any better, it's the life style they choose. So how do you change it? Education? They teach them in school that robbing, raping, and killing is a no no. Do they listen? Not hardly. I mean your right, something has to change but I don't see it happening anytime soon. It just seems to keep getting worse. I remember when California passed a law years back that cut welfare moms from extra money after two children. There were riots in the streets in LA after that law passed. It was nuts down there.

sigbet.jpg

Concur.. I have never seen him offer one substantive answer that had anything to do with the subject or a defense of his position. Like you said not trying to be mean, just stating the obvious.

Iv'e seen it in P&R before. People stick to the OT, upper forum or regional forum and get bored with whatever and they decide to give P&R a shot. What they don't realize is that first you have to actually read and/or watch the news and then have some kind of debating skills in regards to backing up a legit post with a link or two now and then. They go straight from the game threads to P&R and it's like they stepped off the beaten path and got lost in the forest. It sucks for the rest of us because we have to wade through their meaningless post in order to get to the good stuff on here.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

On the other hand, everyone has to start somewhere and even George W could not say more than goo-goo when he was a baby - and look at him now

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I think Rocks post went over your head. Did you read what was posted after "Yawn?" It answered your question, or maybe the answer went over your head! Here, try again...

PkXvO.png

rKodU.png

Edited by ☠

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Where do you start? I mean we are talking about a group of people who worship gangsters. And I'm not just talking about African Americans, I'm talking about all races in inner city. Samoans here in Alaska (Anchorage) are the biggest problem up here. They can get jobs more easily than others seeing how a lot of places hire because of race (quota) yet they choose to rob and kill while collecting welfare checks. I mean it's not like they don't know any better, it's the life style they choose. So how do you change it? Education? They teach them in school that robbing, raping, and killing is a no no. Do they listen? Not hardly. I mean your right, something has to change but I don't see it happening anytime soon. It just seems to keep getting worse. I remember when California passed a law years back that cut welfare moms from extra money after two children. There were riots in the streets in LA after that law passed. It was nuts down there.

I've heard education touted as an end all solution to social problems. In some cases I can see where education is desperately neede to solve some social issues but we'd have to go back several generations to start educating this problem away.

My father sent me this the other day:

A lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U. S. Department of Agriculture,

is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food

stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U. S. Department

of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."

Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow

dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

Timeline

I've heard education touted as an end all solution to social problems. In some cases I can see where education is desperately neede to solve some social issues but we'd have to go back several generations to start educating this problem away.

My father sent me this the other day:

A lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U. S. Department of Agriculture,

is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food

stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U. S. Department

of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."

Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow

dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

Yes - just paying to keep these kids off your lawn is not sustainable

So getting them into the middle class is the challenge

Is the USA strong enough to rise to it ?

=====================================================================

It is wrong to put temptation in the path of any nation,

   For fear they should succumb and go astray;

So when you are requested to pay up or be molested,

   You will find it better policy to say: --

"We never pay any-one Dane-geld,

   No matter how trifling the cost;

For the end of that game is oppression and shame,

   And the nation that plays it is lost!"

moresheep400100.jpg