541 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does that mean you'll drop your irrelevant point? :)

my point was about the local police and who they reported to.

you brought up the national guard and us marshals.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

my point was about the local police and who they reported to.

you brought up the national guard and us marshals.

No, it isn't. It's what you read.

He was mayor then, yes. He didn't go out and seize guns, that was the police, national guard and us marshals.

Timeline

No, it isn't. It's what you read.

perhaps you missed the part i bolded in my reply?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

You "bolded" part of my sentence and ran with it. What about the national guard and us marshals? And you accuse me of baiting. :rolleyes:

i bolded the part i was addressing. even my reply didn't make it obvious enough what i was referring to?

remind me again who the local police answer to?

we were talking about the mayor of NO at the time.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

i bolded the part i was addressing. even my reply didn't make it obvious enough what i was referring to?

we were talking about the mayor of NO at the time.

I wasn't. I was talking about the confiscation of guns, which was done by various different people. Not sure why you went off on this tangent. The only reason I brought it up was because people have had their guns taken away from them before. It was not my intention to get into an argument about Ray Nagin, who clearly is a total moron. :whistle:

Timeline

I wasn't. I was talking about the confiscation of guns, which was done by various different people. Not sure why you went off on this tangent. The only reason I brought it up was because people have had their guns taken away from them before. It was not my intention to get into an argument about Ray Nagin, who clearly is a total moron. :whistle:

i was only addressing that part you brought up, so it was hardly a tangent.

on nagin as a total moron, we're in violent agreement.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

But isn't it also factual that the federal courts determined that the confiscation was unconstitutional and ordered the firearms returned to their owners?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

jeez whats happened to this thread - its gotten like "Is it a penalty or is it a tax"

If you can't beat em join em - if they wont disarm, become a funeral director in Chicago

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

But isn't it also factual that the federal courts determined that the confiscation was unconstitutional and ordered the firearms returned to their owners?

It went to state and federal court.

The Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 was a bill introduced in the United States Congress intended to prohibit the confiscation of legally possessed firearms during a disaster.

This doesn't mean they can't think of another reason to take them away!

jeez whats happened to this thread - its gotten like "Is it a penalty or is it a tax"

If you can't beat em join em - if they wont disarm, become a funeral director in Chicago

:lol:

Anyone would think I was advocating taking guns away. :devil:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

While all of our opinions may not share a common ground I have throughly enjoyed your thread. Aside from the petty bickering I've found it to be an interesting discourse.

Me too. :)

rubik-original.jpg

Budweiser-6-Pack-KA11099.jpg

45-45-inside-corner-baseboard-molding.jpg

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

I'm not sure where you got your armorer's training (I'm guessing YouTube) but contrary to what you've seen on TV, it's not that simple.

i'm not giving a step by step on VJ tyvm. but, with a few more tools than i listed & an older model...yes it is that simple. the problem being that it'll cost you 10 years & $250k if you get caught with it.

7yqZWFL.jpg