541 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

good luck trying to strong arm the entire population of the US like the atf did w/ the dude in waco.

One at a time - works every time

The militias know that and that's why the crazies join militias to hang together - but all the militias are infiltrated by the FBI - so that won't work

Nope - you will just have to fall back in love with your rifles and shotguns and think of the effect on your family if you were to kill the head of a family and then be killed yourself - and all for the sake of a $300 pistol that you would be compensated for anyway.

We are all strong-armed by the law - every day of our lives we are under threat of penalties of XYZ - that's why we don't do stuff and why we pay our taxes

It works

Penalties work

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

yah. they're working great for the violent crime rate now isn't it?

There are 2 million americans in prison - mainly black

Penalties are stopping those guys from stealing your (whatever) while you are typing

Penalties work

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well it was the NRA v. Mayor Ray Nagin that went before the federal court and there was a motion of contempt filed against him for failing to comply with the restraining order that was to stop the confiscation of firearms. Do you think that Ray Nagin had nothing to do with the confiscation of firearms after the hurricane?

:bonk::blink:

He was the mayor when the hurricane struck right?

He was mayor then, yes. He didn't go out and seize guns, that was the police, national guard and us marshals.

He was mayor then, yes. He didn't go out and seize guns, that was the police, national guard and us marshals.

Instead of focusing on legal gun owners, maybe they should have focused on the looters instead ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_Hurricane_Katrina_in_New_Orleans

Effects of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans

In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, looting, violence and other criminal activity became serious problems. With most of the attention of the authorities focused on rescue efforts, public security in New Orleans degraded quickly. By August 30, looting had spread throughout the city, often in broad daylight and in the presence of police officers.

"The looting is out of control. The French Quarter has been attacked," City Councilwoman Jackie Clarkson said. "We're using exhausted, scarce police to control looting when they should be used for search and rescue while we still have people on rooftops."[41]

Incapacitated by the breakdown of transportation and communication, as well as overwhelmed in terms of numbers, police officers could do little to stop crime, and shopkeepers who remained behind were left to defend their property alone.[42] Looters included gangs of gunmen,[43] and gunfire was heard in parts of the city. Along with violent, armed robbery of non-essential valuable goods,[citation needed] many incidents were of residents simply taking food, water, and other commodities from unstaffed grocery stores.[citation needed] There were also reports of some police officers looting.[43] Significant looting continued in areas of the city with few, if any permanent residents, such as the Lakeview, Gentilly, and the Midcity regions.[44]

"Sniper fire" was also reported throughout the city, targeted at rescue helicopters, relief workers, and police officers.

Looting and "mayhem" was also hampering efforts to evacuate the Tulane Medical Center, as well. "If we do not have the federal presence in New Orleans tonight at dark, it will no longer be safe to be there, hospital or no hospital,"[45] Acadian Ambulance Services C.E.O. Richard Zuschlag told CNN. Several news sources reported instances of fighting, drug use, theft, rape, and murder in the Superdome and other refuge centers.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

:cry: i just wish the US was more like european counties. :rofl:

If you had the experience of living in both, as I have, you would find out that the US does some things better than the UK and some things worse

The UK does some things better than the US and some things worse

The rejection of EVERYTHING foreign is something that many Americans hold to, and they are the poorer for it in so many ways

I have worked in the UK and the US and Paris and Munich and I found admirable things in all those places - and things I really disliked in all those places

Its a curious thing that this statement is unacceptable in much of US society which claims to be the best in all things, and 'less than ideal' in nothing

... and yet in the workplace we are all trained to criticize every method and to tear it down and rebuild it - constant improvement KAIZEN !

Its only when it come to matters of society that everything must be frozen in 1776... Me and the whole world find that so peculiar - and almost an act of 'self-harm'

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Instead of focusing on legal gun owners, maybe they should have focused on the looters instead ?

Of course they should have. I don't agree with what they did at all! I'm just saying it is possible for them to take your guns, it happened before.

Edited by rocks

Timeline

This is legal in the UK with a permit:

CA005-1851NavyLondon.jpg

(It happens to be the London Model btw - Colt ran a shop there around the crimean war era)

Do you know what the rules are for owning this gun? I thought all guns had to be kept in a locked cabinet, separate from ammunition. :unsure: