541 posts in this topic

Have you been to jail? Anyone who thinks that jail is this fun place filled with entertainment has never been there. You're treated worse than a zoo animal.

Internet? What jail is that?

Interesting statement considering I don't believe I even mentioned jail. I stated the prison system.

Read the difference

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

640px-K292404_shotgun_sawed_off_pump.jpg

these are pretty small. and can be concealed too.

It would give you some sores inside your underpants - I don't see anyone hanging around street corners 24/7 with one of those in their pants

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Which proves what? It's perfectly simple to take guns away from people, gang members or not. :bonk:

Most legal hand guns are unregistered - so getting then taken in is a matter of having the owners bring them in under threat of penalty

So the method of removing them is the same between legal and illegal hand guns

Many of the people who are prepared to kill police officers are jail birds anyway so it would just accelerate the day of reckoning

The threat of severe penalties and the amnesties removed machine guns from general public ownership

It would work with handguns

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg

I have answered you many times but you seem to be unable to make coarse distinctions, never mind fine ones

This isn't even a fine distinction

ok let's take it in singles (cricketing term)

Handing in MY gun would have zero effect on US gun crime

Can you agree with that ? Yes ? So why are you urging me to do it ?

It doesn't even start to make sense !

Now lets make another leap of understanding

Handing in ALL guns would make a difference

Just WHAT is so hard about this ? The ape creatures of the Indus Valley could grasp this argument whether they agreed with it or not

No, I do not agree with your statement that handing in YOUR handgun(s) would have no affect on US gun crime. Most of all gun crimes are committed with illegal guns. Just where do you think most of those illegal guns come from? They're stolen, correct. Now let's see if you can follow this very simple scenario. You're handgun(s) is stolen and then used in a crime where an innocent 5 year old girl is murdered by one of it's bullets that were fired by the perpetrator. Could you have prevented this little 5 year old girl's untimely death by turning in your handgun(s) without the need of a law? The answer is yes!

The only logical conclusion one can come to by your refusal to turn your handguns in now, without the need for a law to do so, is that you really don't feel as strongly about this issue as you claim, Mr. Model American Citizen.

Filed: Timeline

The threat of severe penalties and the amnesties removed machine guns from general public ownership

It would work with handguns

no it didn't. it resticted the sale of. anyone with a 1/2 a hacksaw blade & a pair of tin snips can turn an ar-15 into a full auto in 5 minutes and back to semi just as fast.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i don't care about katrina. come get my guns. goodluck.

That's the best you have? :lol:

You are going to get Ray Nagin to come get my guns?

Ray Nagin hasn't been Mayor since May 2010. I see you really did some in depth reading. Do you think Ray Nagin took people's guns? :bonk::lol:

Timeline

No, I do not agree with your statement that handing in YOUR handgun(s) would have no affect on US gun crime. Most of all gun crimes are committed with illegal guns. Just where do you think most of those illegal guns come from? They're stolen, correct. Now let's see if you can follow this very simple scenario. You're handgun(s) is stolen and then used in a crime where an innocent 5 year old girl is murdered by one of it's bullets that were fired by the perpetrator. Could you have prevented this little 5 year old girl's untimely death by turning in your handgun(s) without the need of a law? The answer is yes!

The only logical conclusion one can come to by your refusal to turn your handguns in now, without the need for a law to do so, is that you really don't feel as strongly about this issue as you claim, Mr. Model American Citizen.

Surprisingly, that makes perfect sense although I disagree with it.

The circumstances of my storage and use if the handgun is such that it's escape into the criminal community is nigh on impossible.

It cannot be compared with those who have them kicking around in their Ford pick-up trucks or who regularly pawn them or who live in big families with lots of people coming and going in their houses at all times of the day and night.

That is why I feel confident that mine is safe

However, I would still hand it in - with all the rest

moresheep400100.jpg