541 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Alan,

Here is post where you labeled myself and a few others a "gun nut" . This is the second page of thread. I don't appreciate being called a gun nut. So please stop lying when you say you weren't addressing VJ members.

I am a gun nut - Charles is a gun nut - plenty of us on here don't mind being described as such. I don't think that means I should be described as a jerk and an effete dirt bag do you ?

I hope you enjoy your new friends but somehow I think you will come to feel there is something intellectually lacking in the relationship. There is nothing on their profiles and you know what that means

I got my first firearms certificate in 1964 and I have been a shooter ever since

National standard

AR-15 CZ 223 target - CZ 22LR target - CZ 9mm semi pistol - Ruger LCR 38 special -ruger 22 target

I just sold my three 303 Lee Enfields

yes I am a gun nut

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I am a gun nut - Charles is a gun nut - plenty of us on here don't mind being described as such. I don't think that means I should be described as a jerk and an effete dirt bag do you ?

I hope you enjoy your new friends but somehow I think you will come to feel there is something intellectually lacking in the relationship. There is nothing on their profiles and you know what that means

I got my first firearms certificate in 1964 and I have been a shooter ever since

National standard

AR-15 CZ 223 target - CZ 22LR target - CZ 9mm semi pistol - Ruger LCR 38 special -ruger 22 target

yes I am a gun nut

Ok,

Well thats the primary reason I wasn't happy in this thread. Since you didn't mean it in a derogatory way, please accept my apology.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Ok,

Well thats the primary reason I wasn't happy in this thread. Since you didn't mean it in a derogatory way, please accept my apology.

I WILL - and thank you it is appreciated

Your profile is genuine with lots of detail - so I knew you were not of the same ilk as

the shadows who just use VJ to call people nasty names late at night

I don't know how the mods tolerate them because they obviously not genuine people who have been through the visa process and are prepared to come into the light and be recognized. No photos, no USCIS offices, no country, no details - nothing.

I should feel sorry for them as they are probably unemployed grave diggers on crystal meth or something - but I don't

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

alrighty then.

about half a dozen posts removed, either for tos violation or for quoting such.

admin action has been taken.

thread reopened, have a nice day and don't run with scissors.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I WILL - and thank you it is appreciated

Your profile is genuine with lots of detail - so I knew you were not of the same ilk as

the shadows who just use VJ to call people nasty names late at night

I don't know how the mods tolerate them because they obviously not genuine people who have been through the visa process and are prepared to come into the light and be recognized. No photos, no USCIS offices, no country, no details - nothing.

I should feel sorry for them as they are probably unemployed grave diggers on crystal meth or something - but I don't

+1. I hear ya on that loud and clear. We've been getting a lot of those trolls on this site lately and it's bs if ya ask me.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
1341541196[/url]' post='5506135']

National standard

yes I am a gun nut

Interesting post. What does this list prove? Other than it's been a while since we last saw the list.

So I'm late to the party... but, after reading all 10+ pages (I'd also like to tip the hat to an awesome troll thread!) I'll play along.

I've never really liked handguns. I'm one of those "a handgun is only what I'd use to get back to my rifle" types and I figure anything that needs shootin with a handgun can be shot much better with a shotgun. To me, a handgun is simply a sidearm. I don't care if you carry one daily for protection or keep one in the nightstand for home defense. It's a little pea shooter. Nothing more.

I believe the OP has already covered the reasoning behind why we'll never ban handguns (in our lifetime) - it's because nobody cares about the 15,000+ people killed every year by firearms. The vast majority of those killed in homicides are young black (or "other brown") men who have no status other than "waste of space" in our society. To those who matter, the young men killed daily "don't count." We've already seen the Columbine shooting posted here. It's really important when white kids from the suburbs are killed (by long guns too). Why weren't the 45+ shootings in Chicago LAST WEEKEND mentioned? - Because nobody cares.

Not even Obama cares. So what if 10,000 young black men die? They weren't going anywhere (except prison) anyway. I constantly hear the liberals who care so much about the plight of the urban youth and inner-city communities tout these numbers - yet they continually fail to address the root causes and take action to eliminate the reasoning behind these crimes. Ban guns. That's a wonderful idea. While we're at it, lets just ban murder!

Going after inanimate pieces of metal will do nothing to curb crime. Will it change the statistics? Absolutely. Less people will die by handgun. If we were to ban cars there'd probably be less car crashes. But if we are truly to take the altruistic, "I care about you, brother" approach to curbing violence amongst America's urban youth, we can't effect change by taking something away.

We have to give.

We have to give them a swift kick in the rear ("pull your damm pants up.") followed by a pat on the back. Tough love is what America needs. Not a sissy gun grab.

America was founded on the principles that we can continue on despite the fact that 15,000+ die each year by gun. We don't even have to acknowledge that fact - unless we choose to. That's the beauty of America. And that's why we must not only keep our rights to firearms (of all types) ownership, but exercise and be proficient in the use of those firearms.

You don't need a "high power tactical assault rifle with large capacity clips and a bayonet lug" to end someone's life. In WWII the United States government turned out over 1,000,000 Liberator pistols for the insurgency in occupied Europe. That kills the argument of handguns not being effective against larger occupying forces right there.

America's gun rights were never meant as a deterrent to foreign invasion - they were meant as protection from our own government.

When our colonial forefathers fought the revolution (and then again 20 years later) they did so with "military grade weaponry" that was nothing more than single shot black powder muskets. The reason it was so effective was not the hardware. It was the software! It was the resolve of the American patriot to take the field and triumph over their foes. They did so with guns that would be laughed at today. - Yet still effective.

And make no mistake - Obama is coming for our guns. This administration will attempt an end-around via the UN small arms treaty. Additionally, guns - especially handguns - will be banned from homes under "preventative care" statutes of the new Obamacare Tax. "It's for your own safety. Forward, comrade."

Buy ammo.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

So I'm late to the party... but, after reading all 10+ pages (I'd also like to tip the hat to an awesome troll thread!) I'll play along.

I've never really liked handguns. I'm one of those "a handgun is only what I'd use to get back to my rifle" types and I figure anything that needs shootin with a handgun can be shot much better with a shotgun. To me, a handgun is simply a sidearm. I don't care if you carry one daily for protection or keep one in the nightstand for home defense. It's a little pea shooter. Nothing more.

I believe the OP has already covered the reasoning behind why we'll never ban handguns (in our lifetime) - it's because nobody cares about the 15,000+ people killed every year by firearms. The vast majority of those killed in homicides are young black (or "other brown") men who have no status other than "waste of space" in our society. To those who matter, the young men killed daily "don't count." We've already seen the Columbine shooting posted here. It's really important when white kids from the suburbs are killed (by long guns too). Why weren't the 45+ shootings in Chicago LAST WEEKEND mentioned? - Because nobody cares.

Not even Obama cares. So what if 10,000 young black men die? They weren't going anywhere (except prison) anyway. I constantly hear the liberals who care so much about the plight of the urban youth and inner-city communities tout these numbers - yet they continually fail to address the root causes and take action to eliminate the reasoning behind these crimes. Ban guns. That's a wonderful idea. While we're at it, lets just ban murder!

Going after inanimate pieces of metal will do nothing to curb crime. Will it change the statistics? Absolutely. Less people will die by handgun. If we were to ban cars there'd probably be less car crashes. But if we are truly to take the altruistic, "I care about you, brother" approach to curbing violence amongst America's urban youth, we can't effect change by taking something away.

We have to give.

We have to give them a swift kick in the rear ("pull your damm pants up.") followed by a pat on the back. Tough love is what America needs. Not a sissy gun grab.

America was founded on the principles that we can continue on despite the fact that 15,000+ die each year by gun. We don't even have to acknowledge that fact - unless we choose to. That's the beauty of America. And that's why we must not only keep our rights to firearms (of all types) ownership, but exercise and be proficient in the use of those firearms.

You don't need a "high power tactical assault rifle with large capacity clips and a bayonet lug" to end someone's life. In WWII the United States government turned out over 1,000,000 Liberator pistols for the insurgency in occupied Europe. That kills the argument of handguns not being effective against larger occupying forces right there.

America's gun rights were never meant as a deterrent to foreign invasion - they were meant as protection from our own government.

When our colonial forefathers fought the revolution (and then again 20 years later) they did so with "military grade weaponry" that was nothing more than single shot black powder muskets. The reason it was so effective was not the hardware. It was the software! It was the resolve of the American patriot to take the field and triumph over their foes. They did so with guns that would be laughed at today. - Yet still effective.

And make no mistake - Obama is coming for our guns. This administration will attempt an end-around via the UN small arms treaty. Additionally, guns - especially handguns - will be banned from homes under "preventative care" statutes of the new Obamacare Tax. "It's for your own safety. Forward, comrade."

Buy ammo.

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Wrong. Scroll to page 2.

Census

Dig a little deeper, genius. Check out the DOJ, CDC, etc. Be mindful not to mix in suicides, accidental deaths, deaths by long gun, etc. Straight up murder by handgun is what we're looking for here.

And since you're into the census, perhaps you can tell us why 12% of the population accounts for 50% of murder victims?

Is it still the little metal object?

ETA - are you counting our spanish-speaking "other browns" as caucazoids? Be careful not to do that!

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dig a little deeper, genius. Check out the DOJ, CDC, etc. Be mindful not to mix in suicides, accidental deaths, deaths by long gun, etc. Straight up murder by handgun is what we're looking for here.

And since you're into the census, perhaps you can tell us why 12% of the population accounts for 50% of murder victims?

Is it still the little metal object?

ETA - are you counting our spanish-speaking "other browns" as caucazoids? Be careful not to do that!

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/348568-political-graphics-posters-and-whatever-else-the-moderation-deems-as-not-a-political-cartoon/ <---- Have you tried this thread yet? They let you post pictures and cartoons of your choice. Give it a shot, I think you would enjoy it.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/348568-political-graphics-posters-and-whatever-else-the-moderation-deems-as-not-a-political-cartoon/ <---- Have you tried this thread yet? They let you post pictures and cartoons of your choice. Give it a shot, I think you would enjoy it.

Remember when I told you to stop telling me what to do? No, I didn't think so. Stop it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

how many pairs of shoes does a woman need? :whistle:

(btw, which gun of the 3 above is an assault rifle?)

you'll also notice the m-4 is a lot shorter than the m-16 ;)

At least 30 and one VERY high heeled pair of stilletos :thumbs:

Ever seen Single White Female?