541 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I like to describe the UK situation because it gives contrast to any discussion on social issues, one of which is guns

I have had at least a target rifle since I was 17. I have taken advantage of the US conditions and bought lots of toys but all for the purpose of target shooting. I even refuse to shoot at targets of Moslem Women's heads in the way my fellow Americans do

I have to admit that I like to collect authorizations so I do have a Washington concealed license and now I have a Wisconsin one

However, I have never strutted round the streets with a gun or aggressively tailgated someone on the highway in a pick up truck with a gun ready to use

I guess you could say I have failed to assimilate.

I think it's time to follow the UK in calling in all hand guns (including mine)

People who want to hunt or shoot targets can use shotguns or rifles

There is no doubt that American Inner Cities could be very much improved by this measure

It doesn't run foul of the 2nd amendment as it is only a change of 'type' - after all, machine guns are a 'type' and are already severely restricted

Of course it would require an effort on the part of hand gun owners to do something real and un-selfish for the benefit of their country.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is a very emotional and polorizing topic for some. The comments should be interesting.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Although noble intentioned, I do not think you'll get your way.

The right to carry arms is a right that will not easily be taken away from the American public. It's kind of a way some Americans identify themselves. They want to know that they can defend themselves if someone were to invade their homes or country. I agree with them. It's just too bad that criminals and ill-intentioned people are able to so easily get their hands on a firearm. Until people are mature enough to control their tempers and to not throw deadly tantrums, we will continue to have gun related violence.

I don't have any problem with Americans having hand guns, though. I think Canada should allow law-abiding citizens to carry hand guns on their person. Especially in Western Canada where you might need to defend yourself against animals or others. In Canada, you cannot bring your firearms with you wherever you go. You must be going to a gun range, to the police, or to a hunting ground. It cannot be loaded to defend yourself either. Don't get me wrong. You are allowed to defend yourself with a gun, the law just makes it impossible to be ready to defend yourself legally.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

They should also get rid of extended clips and the sale of assault rifles.

so, what is an extended clip?

and what is an assault rifle?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Although noble intentioned, I do not think you'll get your way.

The right to carry arms is a right that will not easily be taken away from the American public. It's kind of a way some Americans identify themselves. They want to know that they can defend themselves if someone were to invade their homes or country. I agree with them. It's just too bad that criminals and ill-intentioned people are able to so easily get their hands on a firearm. Until people are mature enough to control their tempers and to not throw deadly tantrums, we will continue to have gun related violence.

I don't have any problem with Americans having hand guns, though. I think Canada should allow law-abiding citizens to carry hand guns on their person. Especially in Western Canada where you might need to defend yourself against animals or others. In Canada, you cannot bring your firearms with you wherever you go. You must be going to a gun range, to the police, or to a hunting ground. It cannot be loaded to defend yourself either. Don't get me wrong. You are allowed to defend yourself with a gun, the law just makes it impossible to be ready to defend yourself legally.

I can't imagine a scenario where an american would prefer to defend the country with a handgun rather than a rifle or shotgun

I can't imagine the USA being physically invaded by a country where a rifle or shotgun or hand gun would be of the slightest use. In fact the country would be white hot glassified sand and the foreign power would wait for the radio activity to die down before coming to drill for oil.

So all this 3 cornered hat stuff is just boys playing with their imagination. Those days have gone

The thread is purely about hand guns, so "home defense" is not affected

This thread is tightly defined and restricted to hand guns - the USA and Canada can get on just fine without them

A mandatory penalty of 10 years in prison (same as UK) plus a high "buy in" price by the government would reduce illegal possession pretty quickly. The crack heads would be stealing their friends guns to hand them in for good money

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Things that look scary to the general public, or should I say legislators?

The "scary" firearms do not, statistically, get used in crimes.

:secret: show me a pic of an "extended clip"

Do I need to provide pictures? :unsure::P

:yes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Things that look scary to the general public, or should I say legislators?

The "scary" firearms do not, statistically, get used in crimes.

back to handguns... I am carrying out a citizens arrest on anyone straying away from hand guns

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

mini-14-ranch-rifle.jpg

mini14ebr006.jpg

100_0430.jpg

which one is the "assault rifle"

* ~ * Charles * ~ *