msheesha

Ramadan 2012

117 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I guess I could say it's gotten easier. The hunger and thirst doesn't bother me unless I'm doing a lot of activity during the hot days. The second day I had a massive headache but after that I started drinking gatorade an hour before we had to start fasting and I seem to be doing fine with that. I don't have much of an appetite however. Last night for Iftar I drank a glass of juice and ate 5-6 dates. This morning for suhoor I only had a gatorade and bowl of cereal. I'm also not very sleepy. I'm only sleeping about four hours between iftar and suhoor because they're so close in time this year.

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

G'mornin- alhamdudulillah, its going well. i had a few concerns with prepping for my test yesterday and being a bit fuzzy headed for it, but it all turned out okay. weaning off caffeine was my biggest obstacle, lol. It was a minor issue in the past but this year its been the only way to survive cramming for tests and homework.

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Timeline

Ramadan Kareem all

tumblr_m7gud7y4351r6qymio1_500.jpg

A few Ramadan linkies for you all:

Ramadan Chronicles by Tariq Ramadan

Ramadan Reminders by Sh. Faraz

Ramadan Joy crafts

A Crafty Arab

Live Streaming from the Haram

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Thanks for the links. I've been looking at the ones provided here.

We both have headaches today. Probably because we didn't eat much lately. We're doing Iftar at home tonight, leftovers that need to be eaten up. We break our fast in about 10 minutes from now. I better start getting ready.

Later he suggested we go to the 24 hour coffee shop here since they are having their annual special today with all drinks being a dollar and sample all the different drinks to see what we like. I think that is a brilliant idea! :)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

We are having a Madagascar 2 night, with Italian sodas. I took kiddos to United Grocers, where they have the most stupendously extensive Torani syrup selection I've ever seen. :)

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Yum!

Get yourself one! I had lemon blueberry, which turned out nice together. Treats never taste quite so good as they do this month. Hazelnut sounds delicious.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Timeline

Italian sodas so sound good for these hot summer nights.

Our Iftar treat tonight! We went to Dutch Bros. for their dollar days. Every drink is a dollar up to medium size. One day only and it happens once a year. We got the first four on the list to sample: Kicker, Annihilator, Caramelizer and Cocomo. I like the last two best. Dh says that it isn't real coffee. Real coffee is the black Turkish kind.

IMG_2578.jpg

He's also been playing Arab style music all night. Here is an example of the latest song we're listening too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnQqFGdO5Ts&feature=related

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Caramelizers and Cocomos are my favorite from DB too.

Some mornings I need Double Torture though, and its two extra shots.

When I made the kids their sodas, they insisted I cover the tip of the straw in whip cream, just like they do on kids drinks @ Dutch Bros :)

I'm not an Irish cream fan, so I don't really like Kickers.

Annihilators are good though. I drink DB iced most of the time.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Timeline

Annihilators are good but Dh says it tastes too similar to the Kicker. I can't really taste the Irish Cream. I think we have too much though because I can't finish it. He said he would finish them anyways at home. I don't drink much coffee but when I do I'll try to have soy or rice milk in mine. It doesn't taste the same but it will do.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

LoL at real coffee only being Turkish...that stuff is like motor oil scraped out of an engine hahaha! Oooh lemon bluberry...what soda do you put that with? Like Sprite? I put my hazlenut with coke and it was sooooo good!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.