1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Congratulations on your baby!

It really is tricky this time of year. There are simply not enough night hours to physically accomplish everything I want to do, or be where I want to be.

I have had Ramadan either in the US or Saudi Arabia. Having others around you who are fasting and understand what Ramadan is definitely a plus. Depending on the time of year I don't really get the chance to go for taraweeh prayers because they are so late. I was pregnant last year so did not fast. This will be the first year that I get to experience it in the heat.

Ramadan Kareem!!!!!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ramadan Kareem everyone! Yeah I also remember Ramadan 2003 it was in Sep/Oct and it's usually not so hard for me because I don't each much during the day normally, but in 2003, I especially felt sick after only the second week......found out I was pregnant with my first, Aminah!

post-66465-0-65134000-1342581735_thumb.jpg

Edited by zahrasalem

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just finished my Personal Narrative Questions for the Foreign Service Exam, this is the second go round for me. Cross your fingers and think nice thoughts for me :)

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

DVR'ed.

I love love love POV, I've seen so many great things on there. Thanks for the heads up msheesha.

:thumbs:

Ditto. DVR'ed it myself last night after posting this.

On another topic, thoroughly disgusted this morning by Michelle Bachmann's antics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

MB's getting a lot of criticism from higher up political figures within her own political party for dangerous McCarthy era style politics with this latest wackadoodle tid bit.

Ramadan Kareem!

RamadanKareem.jpg

This photo was recently taken by AUC publishing in Cairo.

This is the first year that dh asked me to fast with him and the first year I'm going to. I'm told it is also the longest Ramadan in 33 years because of the daylight hours for the fast during the summer. I got a few tips from friends but if anyone has any they want to offer that would be great too. Our Islamic Center here will do the Taraweeh Prayer after the Isha Prayer around 10:50 pm. Then they're hosting dinner or sahoor for those following the Muslim countries Ramadan back home since it is the first day of Ramadan for most of them. So we may be starting our fast tomorrow morning which means I have to get up earlier than usual and make something for breakfast. I like the time together we have during cooking and meals.

It's also the first year we're living on our own together during Ramadan so I'd like to make it special and experience what 2.1 billion Muslims in the world are going through. I'm told the first ten days are the worst but then your body adjusts and by the end you feel light and good. Though I know it's much more than thirst and hunger they are experiencing, and it is an important time to develop a relationship with spirit.

I'm not sure what to make for food though. The only Egyptian dish I have down is Koshary. We're making that for Iftar on Saturday and sharing it with a few friends that live here. It was by his request so that's exciting for me! I also would like to learn to make mahshy or mashi (the stuffed rolled grape leaves) and malakahya (the leafy green soup) if I can find it because I really like the soup. I also think these would be a nice surprise for him. I've been told it can be found in some import stores but I may have to go to another town to find it.

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I also forgot to mention I never did find the recommended turkey pepperoni at any of the stores and I really want to make a pepperoni pizza for him to be able to eat. He won't go for the turkey bacon here because it reminds him too much of actual bacon. Not sure what else to do besides check in some bigger stores in much bigger towns.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hormel brand turkey pepperoni is available at most major grocery stores. Mostly located near the lunchmeat. I would ask the store manager or customer service where its located.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Hormel brand turkey pepperoni is available at most major grocery stores. Mostly located near the lunchmeat. I would ask the store manager or customer service where its located.

Thank you! Brand specific and location will be easier to look for or ask a store manager. I think it was your koshary recipe that I have down too. Dh said it tasted the most like Egyptian so I stuck with it. I have it down to about 30-45 minutes of cooking and only two pots.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.