hotshot

N-400 July 2012 Filers

1,205 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

I just got a txt message saying that my case had been updated! - I went online and found out that I have been scheduled for interview!! I guess the letter should be in the mail in a couple of days.

I'll come back when I have the appt. date.

Great, you should receive the IL soon. Good luck!

Thanks, yes I will post the update after my interview. My only concern is that I did not register for the selective service. I am 34 years old and I read that after 31 years of age the fact that I did not register for the selective service should not be a problem. Does anybody know anything about that?

Good luck to everyone!!!!!

I honestly have no idea at this point..try checking the USCIS website for more details, so it's not an issue that might delay your process. Hopefully someone here has gone through the same situation and can help you with it. :)

USCIS:

01/03/2013 - I-130 Sent

01/08/2013 - NOA1

04/08/2013 - NOA2 (Approved)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I honestly have no idea at this point..try checking the USCIS website for more details, so it's not an issue that might delay your process. Hopefully someone here has gone through the same situation and can help you with it. :)

My understanding is that you had to register for selective service if a) you lived in the US between the ages of 18 and 26, and b) lived there as a permanent resident or on an immigrant visa.

N-400

Date: 07/17/2012 Application Sent.

Date: 07/25/2012 NOA

Date: 08/23/2012 Biometrics Appointment. (Early Bio: 08/07/2012).

Date: 09/17/2012 Text/Email notification for interview received.

Date: 09/20/2012 Interview letter Received.

Date: 10/24/2012 Interview.

Date: 01/08/2013 Naturalization Ceremony. I am a US citizen!

Timeline

hi,can anybody tell me? currently I am in line for interview received text.

do I also receive text hen they schedule the appointment or I just receive the letter?

Hi Brucer, you should receive an update once you are scheduled for interview. For me it took almost a month to get that update after I was in line for interview.

After my interview was scheduled I received the IL in 3 days.

Some people has reported that they received the letter without getting any update online.

Good luck!

hi,can anybody tell me? currently I am in line for interview received text.

do I also receive text hen they schedule the appointment or I just receive the letter?

Brucer20099 you will receive another text or update like this

your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

that the time that the scheduled the interview.... hope this help...:)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline

Brucer20099 you will receive another text or update like this

your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

that the time that the scheduled the interview.... hope this help...:)

Hotshot thanks for the reply. You clarified it. I was not sure about it. I think I will receive it soon than since usually they sent the appointment letter after putting someone in line for interview. I have been in line since September 13th. So fat nothing.

Hotshot have you received your interview appointment yet?

Hotshot thanks for the reply. You clarified it. I was not sure about it. I think I will receive it soon than since usually they sent the appointment letter after putting someone in line for interview. I have been in line since September 13th. So fat nothing.

Hotshot have you received your interview appointment yet?

i heard that they schedule the Interview when they have this update and the letter is dispatched , i did not receive my letter yet but it will be soon because in our local office its totally not busy, i expect Thursday or Friday let see....:)

Edited by hotshot

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Rwanda
Timeline

i heard that they schedule the Interview when they have this update and the letter is dispatched , i did not receive my letter yet but it will be soon because in our local office its totally not busy, i expect Thursday or Friday let see....:)

Hi Hotshot,

I also was scheduled for interview but haven't received the IL yet! Would you happen to know if there is another notification on "my case status" sent, telling tou that they have mailed IL or you simply get it in the mail? Thanks

Timeline

Hi Hotshot,

I also was scheduled for interview but haven't received the IL yet! Would you happen to know if there is another notification on "my case status" sent, telling tou that they have mailed IL or you simply get it in the mail? Thanks

Hi, I beleive that there is no more updates after that. I received my IL 3 days after it was sent and I did not get any update saying that my letter was sent.

I am sure you should get it soon.

Good Luck!

Hi Hotshot,

were as my thinking is that this is the last update before approval and oath, being on the safe side i made a info pass 20 day after 24th September which is 15 Oct 2012 just in case i don't receive it .....:)

hope this helps :thumbs:

Good day July Filers!

Im so happy to say that I'm finally a US CITIZEN starting today!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: I got interviewed today at Seattle USCIS, it was a quick one. Arrived at 1:50pm, I got called inside at 2 :25pm, The interview lasted for 20 mins. It was a brief interview, ask personal information from n400, ask 6 civic questions like what does the cabinet do, when is the last day filing of income tax returns, what did the declaration of independence do? if president and vice president can no longer serve who becomes the president?, we elect us senators for how many years? how many justices? I got them all correct so the IO stop asking, made me read When is Columbus Day? and then write, Columbus Day is in October., lol it was easy and then the IO ask for some supporting documents for verification like tax returns and lease, good thing I had it all. And then the IO started making random conversations with me like, what do i do for work? where do we went camping, and I seriously had pictures of us family so I showed them all and started asking where is this or who is this, yeah basically he made me feel very comfortable even if he's asking too much. It was okay because Im not hiding anything, he could ask whatever he wants, I dont care! hahaha, but seriously he;s nice and joke around too, its like an ordinary conversation. And then after that he made me sign my pictures and a paper and he congratulate me andsaid wait for an hour for my oath taking.The oath taking started at 4 lasted at 4 45, Got my certificate of naturalization and now im ready for pssport application.

So goodluck to those who will be having their interview! :star: :star: :star:

K3 process sent in june 2007

03/03/2008- INTERVIEW....... NSO sent documents for documentation

04/09/2008- visa approved!!!!!!

04/11/2008- visa in hand

04/14/2008- cfo stamp

04/23/2008- Leaving for seattle via china airlines!!!!!!!!

AOS

7/31/08- submit I-485, I-765

8/02/08- received in chicago lockbox

8/15/08- received receipt notice for I-485 andI-765 in the mail with notice date Aug 11

8/25/08- received biometrics letter with post stamp dated Aug 19

9/10/08- BIOMETRICS at USCIS Seattle 8 am!!!!!DONE!!!

11/7/08- EAD card production ordered yeheyyyyy!!!!!

11/14/08- EAD in mail

11/20/08- applied for ssn

12/04/08- ssn received.... time to go job hunting!!!!

01/26/09- first day of work

02/04/09- received letter for the initial interview

03/12/09- interview in Seattle at 1pm....... APPROVED!!!!---- 10 yr greencard!!!!!

03/16/09- received Welcome to the United States notice

03/18/09- GC Card Production ordered!!!!

03/25/09- Approval notice sent

03/27/09- Green card received!!! Expires 3/18/2019

Naturalization...........

07/05/2012- filed n400 phoenix arizona (local office seattle)

07/112012-Noa 1

08/09/2012-Biometrics appointment done!

08/27/2012-Interview notice sent

09/26/2012-Interview day at 2pm APPROVED!!!

09/26/2012-OATH TAKING DONE! (same day)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good day July Filers!

Im so happy to say that I'm finally a US CITIZEN starting today!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: I got interviewed today at Seattle USCIS, it was a quick one. Arrived at 1:50pm, I got called inside at 2 :25pm, The interview lasted for 20 mins. It was a brief interview, ask personal information from n400, ask 6 civic questions like what does the cabinet do, when is the last day filing of income tax returns, what did the declaration of independence do? if president and vice president can no longer serve who becomes the president?, we elect us senators for how many years? how many justices? I got them all correct so the IO stop asking, made me read When is Columbus Day? and then write, Columbus Day is in October., lol it was easy and then the IO ask for some supporting documents for verification like tax returns and lease, good thing I had it all. And then the IO started making random conversations with me like, what do i do for work? where do we went camping, and I seriously had pictures of us family so I showed them all and started asking where is this or who is this, yeah basically he made me feel very comfortable even if he's asking too much. It was okay because Im not hiding anything, he could ask whatever he wants, I dont care! hahaha, but seriously he;s nice and joke around too, its like an ordinary conversation. And then after that he made me sign my pictures and a paper and he congratulate me andsaid wait for an hour for my oath taking.The oath taking started at 4 lasted at 4 45, Got my certificate of naturalization and now im ready for pssport application.

So goodluck to those who will be having their interview! :star: :star: :star:

Congratulations!! I really hope my wife can do the oath at the same time as her interview tomorrow. I just want this to be over.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.