hotshot

N-400 July 2012 Filers

1,205 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi anybody know if I will receive any text/email after they schedule the appointment and send me the letter?

I I received text on September 13th that I was placed in line for interview. I have not received the appointment yet. :wacko:

Yes, a text/email should be received(if enabled) if scheduled for an interview. So far you have only been placed inline for an interview so you should not be expecting a letter in the mail until you are scheduled for an interview and an interview letter is generated. it could be a while before they schedule you for an interview. unless, its a technical glitch and they don't update your status online, which would deprive you of a text/email, you should not be expecting any letter.

IR5 For Parent

Congratulations Hotshot! I am sure you are curious to find out when your interview date is. Unfortunately, for us New Yorkers, it seems to be a long wait.

Thanks a lot , i think that because we have still time till 15th they are delaying it , there are many who got there interview who have completed 5yrs or 3yrs we are still not there i hope we will be soon .....

Timeline

Thanks a lot , i think that because we have still time till 15th they are delaying it , there are many who got there interview who have completed 5yrs or 3yrs we are still not there i hope we will be soon .....

You are right. Can't complain until the 15th :)

IR5 For Parent

I have a weird question , if we have moved to in line for interview or scheduling a interview from initial review does it mean that all the Check are done (finger prints, name check etc)totally .....and we are waiting for the IL only...i hope so....hmmmm

just received a message and that strange

On September 24, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

That was quick i had got the previous text on Friday that i am in line for interview today i am scheduled for interview i hope to get the IL soon...:), the time is soon coming better get ready for the civic Q.....:)..... :dance:

just received a message and that strange

On September 24, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

That was quick i had got the previous text on Friday that i am in line for interview today i am scheduled for interview i hope to get the IL soon...:), the time is soon coming better get ready for the civic Q.....:)..... :dance:

Congratulations!!

USCIS:

01/03/2013 - I-130 Sent

01/08/2013 - NOA1

04/08/2013 - NOA2 (Approved)

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Today I received my IL for October 29th. I'll post any changes and also questions asked on the interview. Good luck to everyone ;)

Congrants!!! I have mine on Oct 24 so I will keep u updated.

I have a question. On the top of your letter says : request for applicant to appear for naturalization initial interview?

on mine says it like that but I do not understand why initial interview and also says that the proceeding can take 2 hours.

is that just a standard letter?

Edited by skom

Timeline

I have a question. On the top of your letter says : request for applicant to appear for naturalization initial interview?

on mine says it like that but I do not understand why initial interview and also says that the proceeding can take 2 hours.

It's a standard letter format.

IR5 For Parent

Congratulations!!

thanks beantown2012 let us know how the interview goes now i will be waiting for the IL hopefully soon, hopefully all of them will get there IL soon....... :thumbs:

Hello :) my letter says the same thing. I believe it is the same for everyone. I can't wait to get this all over with quick! ;) Good luck on your interview and let us know how it goes.

thanks beantown2012 let us know how the interview goes now i will be waiting for the IL hopefully soon, hopefully all of them will get there IL soon....... :thumbs:

Can't wait for the interview! I'm so happy it's almost over. I'll post as much as I can after the interview. :)

USCIS:

01/03/2013 - I-130 Sent

01/08/2013 - NOA1

04/08/2013 - NOA2 (Approved)

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello :) my letter says the same thing. I believe it is the same for everyone. I can't wait to get this all over with quick! ;) Good luck on your interview and let us know how it goes.

Can't wait for the interview! I'm so happy it's almost over. I'll post as much as I can after the interview. :)

Thanks, yes I will post the update after my interview. My only concern is that I did not register for the selective service. I am 34 years old and I read that after 31 years of age the fact that I did not register for the selective service should not be a problem. Does anybody know anything about that?

Good luck to everyone!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just got a txt message saying that my case had been updated! - I went online and found out that I have been scheduled for interview!! I guess the letter should be in the mail in a couple of days.

I'll come back when I have the appt. date.

N-400 Citizenship

07/14/12 App. sent

07/19/12 NOA

07/20/12 Check Cashed

08/23/12 Bio Date

08/03/12 Early Bio

09/17/12 In line for Interview

09/24/12 Scheduled for Interview

10/31/12 Interview

11/20/12 Asked to transfer app. to Houston, TX

11/21/12 Application in queue for Oath

02/20/13 Called from USCIS Houston to verify address

03/27/13 Oath in Houston, TX - I'm a US Citizen!

6 years after getting my Visa!

I-751 ROC

07/12/11 App. sent

07/15/11 Received by CSC

07/15/11 NOA date

07/20/11 Check cashed

07/29/11 Bio. app received for 08/16/11

08/16/11 Biometrics done

01/18/12 ROC Approved! -> 6 Months later

01/23/12 10-Year GC Received

AOS

6/25/09 Apps sent (I-130,485,765)

7/02/09 Apps received

7/06/09 Received NOA's

8/04/09 FP app Done

8/21/09 EAD Received

10/13/09 Interview-Approved! (Day 108)

10/22/09 GC Received!

J1 Waiver

2/18/09 DS-3035 Received by DOS

5/15/09 No Objection Statement received

5/18/09 Favorable Recommendation

5/21/09 J1 Waiver Approved

J1 Visa

3/27/07 Visa Approved

4/05/07 Arrived in the USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.