hotshot

N-400 July 2012 Filers

1,205 posts in this topic

Congrats! Im in the same sitaution. Do you know if the maling date is the day your interview was scheduled?

Hello :) I believe thats when they schedule the interview, yes. I'll let u know when I get the letter and the actual interview date as well.

USCIS:

01/03/2013 - I-130 Sent

01/08/2013 - NOA1

04/08/2013 - NOA2 (Approved)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I actually had quite a lot documents, but she did not ask for those. I think it is important to have foreign passport, drivers license, greencard. That's an absolute must. The reason you need all your 'other' documents (you provided them with the application N-400), is in case immigration officer doesnt have it, then you can give them a copy. Dont forget I did N-400 based on having GC for 5 years, so required documentation might be different, if you apply through marriage for example.

Thanks for the info! Did they gave you any info about how long you will have to wait for the oath ceremony?

N-400

Date: 07/17/2012 Application Sent.

Date: 07/25/2012 NOA

Date: 08/23/2012 Biometrics Appointment. (Early Bio: 08/07/2012).

Date: 09/17/2012 Text/Email notification for interview received.

Date: 09/20/2012 Interview letter Received.

Date: 10/24/2012 Interview.

Date: 01/08/2013 Naturalization Ceremony. I am a US citizen!

Filed: Timeline

Yes she told me to expect it within 4 - 6 weeks. But there were some interesting things during the interview, which I will share my experience after the oath date, I think it will be helpful to all of you since my case is pretty unique.

Thanks for the info! Did they gave you any info about how long you will have to wait for the oath ceremony?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Hello,

Congrats to all of you who got your interview coming up. Today (09/21/12), I got a text saying that my interview was scheduled but I guess the IL should be following hopefully soon. Thank God I didn't stay in line for scheduling for a long time.My local office isn't so busy, Let's see what's gonna happen. Thanks

Hello,

Congrats to all of you who got your interview coming up. Today (09/21/12), I got a text saying that my interview was scheduled but I guess the IL should be following hopefully soon. Thank God I didn't stay in line for scheduling for a long time.My local office isn't so busy, Let's see what's gonna happen. Thanks

Congrats!!! :)

USCIS:

01/03/2013 - I-130 Sent

01/08/2013 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Thank you Beantown2012. I guess you and I are in the boat. Please update when you get IL..It might make me hopeful as far as my case is concerned. Thanks

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I received my IL today for October 24th, excatly 3 months after i submitted my application.

I haven't received the yellow letter yet but the IL have a document checklist.

Im 34 years old and I did not register on the Selective Service because I did not know I had to do it.

When I found out that I had to register back in 2008 it was too late and the SS send me a letter saying that I was too old to register. At least I tried :)

Does anybody know any similar cases or if this could be a problem?

Thanks and good luck!!!!

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have couple of questions about my IL.

on top of the letter says :request for applicant to appear for naturalization initial interview.

Is this a standard letter? why does it say initial interview? I thought that for naturalization was only 1 interview.

also says that the proceeding will take about 2 hours. I think is just a standard letter for everyone.

If someone here has the IL, please check if yours have the same wording?

Thanks!

Finally thye put me in line for interview i was getting worried, there is a reason i made a info pass for monday so that i can check my status and before the appointment they had a look at my case and put me in line for interview, office up here are really lazy , until you not follow them to do some thing they do not move.....:), i am amazed they gave me 90 day while this office is totally empty hmmmmmm let see how long they take to send a interview letter, because for N-400 is 5 months only........ :dance:

Testing and Interview

On September 21, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 90 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations Hotshot! I am sure you are curious to find out when your interview date is. Unfortunately, for us New Yorkers, it seems to be a long wait.

Finally thye put me in line for interview i was getting worried, there is a reason i made a info pass for monday so that i can check my status and before the appointment they had a look at my case and put me in line for interview, office up here are really lazy , until you not follow them to do some thing they do not move.....:), i am amazed they gave me 90 day while this office is totally empty hmmmmmm let see how long they take to send a interview letter, because for N-400 is 5 months only........ :dance:

Testing and Interview

On September 21, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 90 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

IR5 For Parent

Yes she told me to expect it within 4 - 6 weeks. But there were some interesting things during the interview, which I will share my experience after the oath date, I think it will be helpful to all of you since my case is pretty unique.

hi rcling26, congratulations!!! what are the questions that they ask you?

Thank you Beantown2012. I guess you and I are in the boat. Please update when you get IL..It might make me hopeful as far as my case is concerned. Thanks

Definitely :)

USCIS:

01/03/2013 - I-130 Sent

01/08/2013 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

"On September 19, 2012 you were placed in line for an interview."

And I can see it stretching down the block, around the corner and way down to the Inner Harbor.

Looks like they place folks in line in about 1 month from when the Bio is taken.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hi anybody know if I will receive any text/email after they schedule the appointment and send me the letter?

I I received text on September 13th that I was placed in line for interview. I have not received the appointment yet. :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi anybody know if I will receive any text/email after they schedule the appointment and send me the letter?

I I received text on September 13th that I was placed in line for interview. I have not received the appointment yet. :wacko:

This line can be as long as 90 days. Check your online status sometimes, they not always send e-mail when status changes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.