seanoneone

INTERVIEW TOMORROW!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I have a question, if all goes well and we get the approval after our interview do they mail my fiance her visa or do the hold on to her passport? Her flight back home is 2 days after interview. We cannot really afford any more hotel fee's. So again IF we get the approval whats typically the standard procedure? Is the Visa stamped into her passport or is it a separate document that they can mail to her?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I have a question, if all goes well and we get the approval after our interview do they mail my fiance her visa or do the hold on to her passport? Her flight back home is 2 days after interview. We cannot really afford any more hotel fee's. So again IF we get the approval whats typically the standard procedure? Is the Visa stamped into her passport or is it a separate document that they can mail to her?

For a more focused response, consider reposting your embassy-specific question at the Middle East and North Africa forum, or check with the embassy.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

How soon she'll get her visa and the logistics that go with it are Consulate specific. Before purchasing travel would be a better time to ask this question. She cannot hold onto her passport though. The visa goes IN the passport, so she will NOT have a passport until she has the visa. The exception would be if the Consulate expects a delay in visa issue. If they do, they'll arrange to get the passport back for visa issuance when the time comes.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'll throw a few stupid questions of my own out there. :blush:

The US has no embassy or consulate in Iran, and doesn't conduct visa interviews anywhere in Iran, so Iranian visa applicants have to go to another country. Most either go to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, or they go to Ankara, Turkey. Which country is your fiancee interviewing in?

The visa is printed on a secure form sticker, and physically secured to a page inside the passport. Consulates use a special printer to print these visa stickers, and most consulates have a queue at least a few days long for printing new visas.

Now, this is where I'm completely uninformed...

Let's assume they approve her visa on the day of the interview. She'll have to turn over her passport in order to get the visa, and she won't get it back until the visa has been printed and placed in her passport. Will she need that passport in order to return to Iran? If not, will she need that passport in order to get back into the country where the consulate is located so that she can pick up her passport and visa? In other words, will she effectively be stuck in Abu Dhabi or Ankara while she's waiting to get her passport back?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

interview is in Abu Dhabi and yes she will need to have passport to return, so it seems like we are stuck. I am here with her also. It's quite inconvenient though being that we need to be here a couple days before interview for medical exam and now it seems like up to another week till she possibly gets visa.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

My interview was last Monday, and my visa is ready today. Since they keep the passport, so you can not leave UAE. Most of the time takes 1 week, unless you are so lucky and the embassy is not crowded they'll issue in 2-3 days. I hope your flight is not a charter one, so you can change the date. I've been here for 10 days, 3 before the interview date for Medical ... Horrible!

By the way they'll put the visa in the passport, it's not a separate sheet!

Good Luck

Edited by Neash

event.png

event.png

AOS I-485:

Package sent: October 10th

NOA1: October 18th

Biometric Letter: October 20th

Biometric apt: November 16th

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My interview was last Monday, and my visa is ready today. Since they keep the passport, so you can not leave UAE. Most of the time takes 1 week, unless you are so lucky and the embassy is not crowded they'll issue in 2-3 days. I hope your flight is not a charter one, so you can change the date. I've been here for 10 days, 3 before the interview date for Medical ... Horrible!

By the way they'll put the visa in the passport, it's not a separate sheet!

Good Luck

And THERE is your answer. Others BEWARE. You need to know these things weeks before the interview, so you can prepare properly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Good luck in your interview :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.