4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I decided to start this process by myself because I couldn't afford a lawyer but now I need advise.

Came to the US when my parents brought me (I was 13)

I met my husband in high school and we got married last year (small wedding bc no $$- we are saving up for a wedding thru the Catholic church after we graduate) and now our interview is coming up but we are college students and we don't own any property or have insurances together because is very costly, since we have to pay for college, books, etc and I don't have a job (my only income is my parents' money gifts). We aren't living together for the summer because he got an internship in IL and I am in KS but we do talk every day and text and such and I drive up there whenever I can or he visits me. I don't have any bills on both of our names bc we lived in the dorms the first year of marriage (in separate rooms but in the same building and floor). I love my husband, I couldn't thank God enough for giving me this angel (my hubby) <3 but now that this interview is coming up we aren't sure how to prepare for it. We are going to move on Aug 1st to a house with three other friends (much more affordable) but we both figure on the lease agreement and we have the master bedroom for us. We also have a bank account together. We have all the paper work ready but what more evidence would you recommend us taking to the USCIS interview (other than pictures- I have pictures since we started dating in high school up to now)??? Letters from friends/acquiantances? What else?

Please help!!!

☺.::REDHEAD04::.♥

WE met:: 11/03/2007

Dating since:: 12/17/2007

Married since:: 08/03/2011

I-130/485 filed::03/05/2012

USCIS receipt:: 03/16/2012

1st NOA:: 03/27/2012

2nd NOA:: 05/07/2012

Biometrics:: 06/05/2012

EAD Card:: 06/27/2012

Interview:: 08/01/2012 ::PENDING::

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well you have alot of issues to be addressed. Since you are not working you may need co- sponsers. If you move in with 4 other adults they will require income verification for all of them. You may want to wait until after interview for such a move

I decided to start this process by myself because I couldn't afford a lawyer but now I need advise.

Came to the US when my parents brought me (I was 13)

I met my husband in high school and we got married last year (small wedding bc no $$- we are saving up for a wedding thru the Catholic church after we graduate) and now our interview is coming up but we are college students and we don't own any property or have insurances together because is very costly, since we have to pay for college, books, etc and I don't have a job (my only income is my parents' money gifts). We aren't living together for the summer because he got an internship in IL and I am in KS but we do talk every day and text and such and I drive up there whenever I can or he visits me. I don't have any bills on both of our names bc we lived in the dorms the first year of marriage (in separate rooms but in the same building and floor). I love my husband, I couldn't thank God enough for giving me this angel (my hubby) <3 but now that this interview is coming up we aren't sure how to prepare for it. We are going to move on Aug 1st to a house with three other friends (much more affordable) but we both figure on the lease agreement and we have the master bedroom for us. We also have a bank account together. We have all the paper work ready but what more evidence would you recommend us taking to the USCIS interview (other than pictures- I have pictures since we started dating in high school up to now)??? Letters from friends/acquiantances? What else?

Please help!!!

August 2008- Met

December 2008-dating

December 2009- attempted face to face

September 2010- face to face

K-1 Journey

4/15/11- filed K-1

8/23/11- K-1 approved

10/6/11-interview date scheduled

12/7/11-interview

12/21/11- pick up travel documents

12/25/11-Travelled to USA

1/22/12- Married!!

AOS Journey

3/9/12- mailed AOS

3/15/12- got email confromation

3/18/12-got hard copy of NOA on EAD and AOS

3/26/12-Bio meterics appointment notice

4/13/12- File Transfered to CSC

4/23/12-bio metrics

5/8/12- Approved for EAD by text

5/21/12-EAD in hand after a mailing errors due to address change

8/15/12-Notification of GC approval by text

8/16/12-Notification of GC approval by letter in mail

8/18/12-Address change not correct in system card sent back

8/20/12-Placed thrid address change in system

9/5/12-Received GC!

The move has got nothing to do with the interview and no, they wont need income validation. This process is about OP and her husband, not their friends. The most she will need is pictured IDs from those four other people for uscis to put a face and personal information to the room mates names.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This link has some questions you can expect. Bottom line is that you tell them the truth. Yeah it is a little convoluted, but it is the truth.

here is the link.. http://www.visajourney.com/content/exampleq

good luck

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.