Ryan H

NVC Filers - July 2012

1,354 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've done my homework and researched my problem first by searching for "Gross Income" in the search field, but I didn't find an answer for my unique situation. Your assistance/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

-----------------------

Here is my situation:

I started out using I-864EZ and got to the Total Income field for the 3 most recent tax years but I couldn't decide what to show and let me explain why. On each of my 1040's from 2009 to 2011, I show a negative total income on line 22 of 1040, or the Total Income line on the 2nd page of my tax transcript, I have both the transcripts and 1040 for 3 years. The reason for the negative income is from my Other Income (line 21 on 1040) which is from my Prior Year Net Operating Loss (NOL) that I've been carrying for a few years now. The amount of my Prior Year NOL will be exausted in 2012 and I do expect to show a significant income for 2012 tax year. More than twice the poverty level for my household. The reason for my Prior Year NOL is due to a business partnership loss and my CPA has been basically writing off that loss for me against my income. I'm not self-employed, I get my W-2's from working full-time for a large company.

Now, I know the I-864 guideline states that "For purpose of this affidavit, the line for gross (total) income on IRS forms 1040 will be considered when determining income", but is Prior Year NOL considered as part of my income even though it is really just a carryover loss from years back. Obviously, I would like to avoid putting negative Total Income on my I-864EZ by summing without the Other Income line, or does that even matter because my current annual income will be above the poverty level? Either way I end up choosing, I will explain the situation on my own cover letter and hoping that they actually read it.

-----------------------

Here are my questions:

1) Should I enter negative Total Incomes for 3 prior tax years or sum up my total income without Other Income since it is really just a carryover loss from a previous year?

2) Should I switch to I-864 and also attach my assets to help with my case? I can supply 6 months of statements from both my bank account and my portfolio to show over 3 times the poverty level.

3) I was planning on just sending the tax transcripts because 1040 copy is more complicated and would probably take longer to review, but only the 1040 copy shows what my Other Income is and it has all the carryover worksheets and schedules. So, if I was to send 1040 copy, can I just send it for 2011 and use tax transcripts for 2010 and 2009 since I can probably build my case for Prior Year NOL with just 2011.

Again, your assistance/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Congrats! It's a great feeling!

Wow, we are the same date!

Congrats back to you~ (F)

So, we may have the same interview date? :lol:

I-130 NOA1:2011/10/17(217 days)

After 187 days REF:2012/4/24(email)

REF:2012/5/7(mail)-stupid photo

REF Sent:2012/5/8

REF reviewing:2012/5/15

Approved NOA2 :2012/5/21(email)2012/5/24(mail)

NVC (66 days)

NVC Received case:2012/6/11 (22days/15 business days)

case no.assigned:2012/6/19 (8 days/6 business days since NVC received case)

DS-3032 sent: 2012/6/19 wrong case no. resent:2012/6/20

AOS I-864 Bill : 2012/6/21

Pay I-864 Bill:2012/6/22(Fri),6/25(Mon) showed as PAID

DS-3032 accepted : 2012/6/28

Receive IV Bill DS-230 : 2012/6/29

Pay IV Bill DS-230 : 2012/6/30(Fri),7/3(Mon) showed as PAID

Return Completed I-864 :2012/7/10,arrived:2012/7/13,accepted:2012/7/20

Medical:2012/7/13 received result:2012/7/24

Return Completed DS-230 :2012/7/14,arrived:2012/7/23,accepted:2012/7/26

Case Completed at NVC :2012/7/26

Interview date assigned+P4 interview letter :2012/8/3(8 days since case completed)

Interview date :2012/9/25 OMG flying to Sydney

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa issued:2012/09/26 (received an email notice)

Visa Received :2012/09/28(Yeah...got it!!)

event.png

Yes!

My husband called NVC yesterday, they said not received iv packet yet.

And today I just received an mail, it said our case is completed.

:rofl:

Grats! kicking.gifkicking.gif

My wife's interview is next week on August 2nd. Is there any extra fees that she is required to pay on that day? I'v'e already paid for the AOS and IV fee.

Thanks in advance :)

2003 - met online

12-09-2010 - met for the first time

12-11-2010 - engaged

06-07-2011 - married

09-27-2011 - I-130 sent

09-29-2011 - NOA1

04-04-2012 - I-130 approved

05-14-2012 - NVC Case number received

06-26-2012 - Case completed

08-02-2012 - VISA APPROVED :)

My wife's interview is next week on August 2nd. Is there any extra fees that she is required to pay on that day? I'v'e already paid for the AOS and IV fee.

Thanks in advance :)

For IR-1/CR-1 applicants, there is no interview fee (that's for K1 applicants). There MAY be a courier fee, but this varies by consulate/embassy, so you'll need to do your own research about this.

For IR-1/CR-1 applicants, there is no interview fee (that's for K1 applicants). There MAY be a courier fee, but this varies by consulate/embassy, so you'll need to do your own research about this.

Thanks Saylin :) we're almost at the end of this visa journey. With utmost prayers and hope, all goes well on the last last stage :)

2003 - met online

12-09-2010 - met for the first time

12-11-2010 - engaged

06-07-2011 - married

09-27-2011 - I-130 sent

09-29-2011 - NOA1

04-04-2012 - I-130 approved

05-14-2012 - NVC Case number received

06-26-2012 - Case completed

08-02-2012 - VISA APPROVED :)

Yes!

This is sooo silly..

:)) lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Saylin, yeah I followed the guides, except one thing, I used the 3032 from NVC (with GUZ# and barcode, and name printed on it), except the stock 3032. Because during these 2 weeks I have paid AOS and OPTIN so GUZ# is now GZO#, I am not sure if this is causing problems.

this was my last week's post here, where Darnell answered by today I should get the 3032 accepted.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/375609-nvc-filers-july-2012/page__st__810__p__5543303#entry5543303

Ask yer usCitizen Spouse to call in to NVC,

and get a supervisor,

and ask them that the DS-3032 be detached from the OPT IN EMAIL and added to the casefile.

Do this once a day until the IV fee bill shows up.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ask yer usCitizen Spouse to call in to NVC,

and get a supervisor,

and ask them that the DS-3032 be detached from the OPT IN EMAIL and added to the casefile.

Do this once a day until the IV fee bill shows up.

Thanks Darnell. I called NVC and asked for a supervisor. The supervisor asked me to resend that July 12 email again to nvcinquiery and he said he will take care of it himself. Seems a very helpful guy so I just resend that email and now fingers crossed. If I don't hear from him tonight (he said as long as email gets in before midnight Eastern time he will handle it), I will call them again tomorrow and ask for him.

Yes!

I really think those operators just say the first thing that comes to mind without checking anything. When I called to ask if my case was received by the NVC I was told it wasn't there. 7 hours later my husband calls & he is told it has been there since July 16th :blink:

Edited by Louza

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've done my homework and researched my problem first by searching for "Gross Income" in the search field, but I didn't find an answer for my unique situation. Your assistance/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

-----------------------

Here is my situation:

I started out using I-864EZ and got to the Total Income field for the 3 most recent tax years but I couldn't decide what to show and let me explain why. On each of my 1040's from 2009 to 2011, I show a negative total income on line 22 of 1040, or the Total Income line on the 2nd page of my tax transcript, I have both the transcripts and 1040 for 3 years. The reason for the negative income is from my Other Income (line 21 on 1040) which is from my Prior Year Net Operating Loss (NOL) that I've been carrying for a few years now. The amount of my Prior Year NOL will be exausted in 2012 and I do expect to show a significant income for 2012 tax year. More than twice the poverty level for my household. The reason for my Prior Year NOL is due to a business partnership loss and my CPA has been basically writing off that loss for me against my income. I'm not self-employed, I get my W-2's from working full-time for a large company.

Now, I know the I-864 guideline states that "For purpose of this affidavit, the line for gross (total) income on IRS forms 1040 will be considered when determining income", but is Prior Year NOL considered as part of my income even though it is really just a carryover loss from years back. Obviously, I would like to avoid putting negative Total Income on my I-864EZ by summing without the Other Income line, or does that even matter because my current annual income will be above the poverty level? Either way I end up choosing, I will explain the situation on my own cover letter and hoping that they actually read it.

-----------------------

Here are my questions:

1) Should I enter negative Total Incomes for 3 prior tax years or sum up my total income without Other Income since it is really just a carryover loss from a previous year?

2) Should I switch to I-864 and also attach my assets to help with my case? I can supply 6 months of statements from both my bank account and my portfolio to show over 3 times the poverty level.

3) I was planning on just sending the tax transcripts because 1040 copy is more complicated and would probably take longer to review, but only the 1040 copy shows what my Other Income is and it has all the carryover worksheets and schedules. So, if I was to send 1040 copy, can I just send it for 2011 and use tax transcripts for 2010 and 2009 since I can probably build my case for Prior Year NOL with just 2011.

Again, your assistance/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You should enter your AGI according to your tax transcripts. Don't confuse the NVC. Mine were $0 for the past two years, but I provided lots of evidence of my current employment. But, if you can provide assets and fill out an i-864, I would do it! You can never have too much support, you know? That way you can feel comfortable just sending the tax transcripts, because that is what they want. You only need one from 2011, but you can send the others if you feel like they would help in some way.

I just sent my AOS package, and I'll let you know how it goes or if I get an RFE. I also have a joint sponsor's packet ready to go if I get an RFE, and to bring to the interview...just in case.

However, I think both of us will be fine!

Good luck!

Me and My Mexican Hubby...

2009 Met in Mexico and got engaged

2010 I moved to Mexico and got married

2012 I moved back to U.S. by myself to work and send i-130 petition for him.

June 25th, 2012 - our 2-year wedding anniversary!

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

2 JUL 2012 - Case Received at NVC

19 JUL 2012 - Case number, IIN and Beneficiary ID received, gave e-mail addresses!

23 JUL 2012 - Was able to log in and fill out the DS-261 and I made myself the agent! I also stated that I was assisting the beneficiary ( since I signed in as him )

24 JUL 2012 AOS fee available and paid through the payment portal - direct deposit

25 JUL 2012 AOS fee shown as paid!! I-864 package e-mailed to NVCelectronic@state.gov

01 AUG 2012 IV Bill Invoiced and paid

02 AUG 2012 IV Bill shown as paid and DS-260 completed and documents sent!

08 AUG 2012 RFE! :crying: sent passport photos wrong, so re-sent!

15 AUG 2012 case COMPLETE!!! Yay!!

13 SEP 2012 Received Interview Date! OCT. 5th!

20 SEP 2012 Scheduled ASC appointment by calling 7034392313. Two days earlier I logged into the website but it said there were no appointments available. But when I called, they scheduled an appointment for me. :)

Thanks for all of your help! You are wonderful!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You should enter your AGI according to your tax transcripts. Don't confuse the NVC. Mine were $0 for the past two years, but I provided lots of evidence of my current employment. But, if you can provide assets and fill out an i-864, I would do it! You can never have too much support, you know? That way you can feel comfortable just sending the tax transcripts, because that is what they want. You only need one from 2011, but you can send the others if you feel like they would help in some way.

I just sent my AOS package, and I'll let you know how it goes or if I get an RFE. I also have a joint sponsor's packet ready to go if I get an RFE, and to bring to the interview...just in case.

However, I think both of us will be fine!

Good luck!

Thank you Amenspanglish. I noticed that our dates are pretty similar so good luck to you as well!

I really think those operators just say the first thing that comes to mind without checking anything. When I called to ask if my case was received by the NVC I was told it wasn't there. 7 hours later my husband calls & he is told it has been there since July 16th :blink:

Wahahaha this is ridiculous. Lol wahahaha :-))

But at least.. Congrats :)

Edited by Abby04tiz

I dont understand!!! Grrrrr im pissed off.

The NVC emailed us checklist

"______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

A review of the I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form and supporting documents that you submitted has revealed that you have provided incomplete information in your response or you have not responded to some questions.

You will need to follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) that are posted on the Department of State website at the following address:

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. From there, you can fill out a new form online, print the new completed form and mail it to NVC. If you are the Petitioner, please read all instructions and complete the correct form to submit to NVC. An Affidavit of Support form is required to be submitted from the Petitioner on each case regardless of his/her income level.

============

we already send all the requirements last week.

We called the NVC 2x this week & asked what is the missing document or missing answer.

But NVC operator told us that they dont know, they are still reviewing our package & is still on process ...

Huh?? They emailed us that there are some missing info. yet they dont know what it is and they are still reviewing it??

Is that possible?

Guys what do u think with this RFE??

Sometimes you need to call 2x/day in order to hear the good news, some operator says that they start processing in the morning then finalizing in the afternoon.

CSC - I-130 for Spouse

11/21/2011 - Sent I-130 Petition

11/26/2011 -NOA1

05/14/2012 -NOA2 Email APPROVED 177days

NVC

05/28/2012 - NVC received

06/11/2012 - Case# generated, IIN, BIN

06/11/2012 - DS-3032 emailed

06/14/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

06/15/2012 - AOS Payment status: PAID & I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

06/20/2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid in PROCESS

06/21/2012 - IV bill shows PAID & Mailed IV packet to NVC

06/27/2012 - AOS packet Reviewed & Accepted

07/02/2012 - Case Completed!

07/11/2012 - INTERVIEW DATE Assigned - - - > August 10,2012 6:15am -- APPROVED

07/31/2012 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.