Ryan H

NVC Filers - July 2012

1,354 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm getting very restless as my case comes to an end.

My case was closed on July 3rd, still no interview date.

aaaaaaaaaaah

"Hang in There" is the message going around VJ. But its not doing anything for me anymore.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, I have to share this, cause it's funny (kinda).

Called NVC this morning, like I said I was, to follow up on our case status. I got that angry woman (believe her name is Brady? but she never gives a name), who gave me the "MA'AM, we haven't even looked over your supporting documents yet. That process can take at least 20 business days. You may wish to call back in two weeks". However, I wasn't angry with her, I just smiled, hung up and went back to work.

Not even 10 minutes later, my phone chimes, I've got an email....and would you believe, it's the CASE COMPLETE email for EP! I admit, I Tebowed...right there in my scrubs, in the middle of a busy workfloor. Boom!

So now, to wait for the interview date....not sure if I should start calling again at the beginning of next week, or just wait for the notification.

event.png

May 12, 2011: Married

Oct 14, 2011: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 18, 2011: NOA1

Mar 27, 2012: RFE rec'd - didn't like AZ marriage license!

Apr 05, 2012: RFE response rec'd at CSC

May 11, 2012: NOA2

Jun 04, 2012: Case rec'd @ NVC (24 days/15 business days)

Jun 13, 2012: NVC case # generated(9 days/7 business days). OptIn and 261 emailed.

Jun 18, 2012: OptIn accepted

Jun 20, 2012: AOS bill paid. 261 accepted.

Jun 22, 2012: AOS bill showing as "PAID".

Jun 25, 2012: I-864 packet emailed for EP

Jun 30, 2012: IV fee paid.

Jul 09, 2012: IV rec'd email per EP

Jul 12, 2012: CASE COMPLETE email (EP)

Aug 04, 2012: Interview scheduled for Sept 4th @ 0830a

Aug 08, 2012: Medical completed.

Sept 04, 2012: Interview in Montreal....APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hi guys, I have a question. I finally got my AOS invoice today in email and I am composing the OPTIN email with 3032 attached.

My question is in the email body, after listing case#/petional info/beneficiary info, do I have to write more to make it like in this guide? (and I am the petitioner and sending this email)

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

Since for Guangzhou China the email is for OPTIN + 3032, so it makes me confused a bit. Thanks for any tips!!

hey saylin i need some advice... here is brief background of my case .

My AOS was approved recently. and my IV package got reviewed and i got a checklist for Missing Police clearance certificate. I lived in same city ever long before i turned 16 in Pakistan and i was living there till April 2012. In April 2012 i moved to another city in Pakistan. in my IV package i had sent in local police clearance certificate of the first city but not second one as i have been here for just 3 months now(current address). I called up NVC talked to operator, cleared this up with him. he had the Certificate i had sent for first city in their records. he put me on hold for few minutes and after that he came back online and told me that he put up a request for supervisor to recheck the documents and that according to their rules i donot need to send any other police clearance certificate and told me to wait 15-20 business days before asking again.

i want to know if this was enough or should i call them up again and talk to supervisor directly ? also when do you think i should call again to check about this RFE. thanks in advance

No case complete for us for our birthdays this week. We're getting an RFE for husband's DS-230 (question 30). And our AOS packet hasn't even been reviewed. The NVC operator was really helpful and informative, though, I have to say.

I am *so upset* today. Really thought we'd be done by Friday. :crying:

Hope everyone else has better luck!

What was wrong with it?

And don't despair. This is an easy fix. Just correct the form, and send it in to NVC. You'll get a case complete in no time ;)

Hey y'all...

I have been planning to have a joint sponsor, but now I'm thinking about going just me because I definitely make enough money. I only hesitated to because I don't have a W2 for my current job. I asked an NVC operator today if an employment letter is enough to prove my current income (even without a company letterhead since I work as a nanny). They said it was ok. Should I believe them? Has anyone had a negative experience with this? Thank you!

Well, it's not possible to have a 2012 W2 yet. W2s for the current year are only sent the year after, usually in January. Just get the tax transcripts for 2011 (and 2009 and 2010 if you're including them). NVC prefers transcripts over tax returns/W2s anyways.

An employment letter is optional, but always good to prove current income. Do you have pay stubs? Cause they're good proof of current income as well.

Ok, I have to share this, cause it's funny (kinda).

Called NVC this morning, like I said I was, to follow up on our case status. I got that angry woman (believe her name is Brady? but she never gives a name), who gave me the "MA'AM, we haven't even looked over your supporting documents yet. That process can take at least 20 business days. You may wish to call back in two weeks". However, I wasn't angry with her, I just smiled, hung up and went back to work.

Not even 10 minutes later, my phone chimes, I've got an email....and would you believe, it's the CASE COMPLETE email for EP! I admit, I Tebowed...right there in my scrubs, in the middle of a busy workfloor. Boom!

So now, to wait for the interview date....not sure if I should start calling again at the beginning of next week, or just wait for the notification.

Wow, that's ridiculous. Congrats though. Glad your day picked up significantly ;) Hope you hear of an interview date real soon ;)

hey saylin i need some advice... here is brief background of my case .

My AOS was approved recently. and my IV package got reviewed and i got a checklist for Missing Police clearance certificate. I lived in same city ever long before i turned 16 in Pakistan and i was living there till April 2012. In April 2012 i moved to another city in Pakistan. in my IV package i had sent in local police clearance certificate of the first city but not second one as i have been here for just 3 months now(current address). I called up NVC talked to operator, cleared this up with him. he had the Certificate i had sent for first city in their records. he put me on hold for few minutes and after that he came back online and told me that he put up a request for supervisor to recheck the documents and that according to their rules i donot need to send any other police clearance certificate and told me to wait 15-20 business days before asking again.

i want to know if this was enough or should i call them up again and talk to supervisor directly ? also when do you think i should call again to check about this RFE. thanks in advance

If the operator put in a request for a supervisor to re-check, then there's no need to call up a supervisor yet. Give them some time. It might take a week or more for your package to be re-checked. While you're waiting though, just call up a regular operator every day and see if there's any new status updates on your case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just letting those who had NOA2 dates week of 6/24. Starting monday its on watch our petitions will be their my date is 6/29. the 19th is 15 business days. And I will get my case number same day too dang it. Who's with me? Winnie, Amenspaglish. Lets get this party started. :dancing: :dancing:

Also have a question if you didn't call NVC to get Case number and get your arrival date how do they notify you you have a case# via mail or what? Was just wondering I may leave them alone for a week since 15 business days is the 19th. But was wondering is all.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Just letting those who had NOA2 dates week of 6/24. Starting monday its on watch our petitions will be their my date is 6/29. the 19th is 15 business days. And I will get my case number same day too dang it. Who's with me? Winnie, Amenspaglish. Lets get this party started. :dancing: :dancing:

Also have a question if you didn't call NVC to get Case number and get your arrival date how do they notify you you have a case# via mail or what? Was just wondering I may leave them alone for a week since 15 business days is the 19th. But was wondering is all.

If they don't have email addresses given to them, then they have no choice but to mail the initial information to you. Which can take much longer than the email.

I have question regarding DS 230. # 33 listing all educational institution attended..

It means from elementary - high school - college - to post grad (if applicable) ??

Or just college/s - to post grad?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for the kind words DWheels, Amenspanglish and Saylin. And congratulations StormHerald! How awesome! I hope you get your interview date soon.

What was wrong with it?

And don't despair. This is an easy fix. Just correct the form, and send it in to NVC. You'll get a case complete in no time ;)

He meant to type 1985 and he typed 1995, and neither of us caught it. I'm kicking myself. Such a simple mistake, but it will take a week for him to redo the form, sign it, and get it to the NVC from Australia. And my husband thinks he should wait until we get the actual RFE in case there's more than one problem, so I guess we will wait for that. I keep hoping the RFE email will show up, but so far, no luck.

Folks, please do not do what I did--be extra careful when checking your paperwork! Or you might regret it.

One weird thing, the operator (who was very talkative and trying to be helpful) kept telling me that his police check needed to be sent by the police to the consulate. I pointed out that, as per the instructions, I had sent his police check in with his IV package. She was adamant though. I hate to say it, but I think helpful operators may be as confusing as the unhelpful ones!

Edited by Vilya

AOS:

Married 1/24/2011

I-130 sent 12/12/2011
Visa APPROVED! 9/4/2012
Port of Entry DFW 11/27/2012

ROC:

I-751 sent to VSC 9/16/2014

ROC APPROVED! 3/25/2015

Naturalization:

N-400 sent to Lewisville lockbox 3/29/2016

N-400 received at Lewisville lockbox 3/30/2016

Card charged 4/2/2016

Text messaged that case received, receipt number issued 4/5/2016

NOA notice date 4/4/2016

NOA received 4/8/2016, priority date 3/30/16

Biometrics letter received 4/16/2016

Biometrics appointment scheduled for 4/28/2016

Biometrics done 4/28/2016

Case updated on USCIS website, 'In line for interview' 5/3/2016

Texted and case updated on USCIS website, 'Interview has been scheduled' 7/22/2016

Interview letter received 7/25, interview scheduled for 8/31/2016

Interviewed and recommended for approval, 8/31/2016

Text received that oath ceremony notice mailed, case updated on website 9/1/2016

Oath letter received 9/6/2016, oath scheduled for 9/21/2016

Oath taken 9/21/2016, CITIZENSHIP ACQUIRED! Yay!

I have question regarding DS 230. # 33 listing all educational institution attended..

It means from elementary - high school - college - to post grad (if applicable) ??

Per SAYLIN our Master From high school and so on, but my wife put elementary and up that's why we have an extra page for the education only.rofl.gif

CSC - I-130 for Spouse

11/21/2011 - Sent I-130 Petition

11/26/2011 -NOA1

05/14/2012 -NOA2 Email APPROVED 177days

NVC

05/28/2012 - NVC received

06/11/2012 - Case# generated, IIN, BIN

06/11/2012 - DS-3032 emailed

06/14/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

06/15/2012 - AOS Payment status: PAID & I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

06/20/2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid in PROCESS

06/21/2012 - IV bill shows PAID & Mailed IV packet to NVC

06/27/2012 - AOS packet Reviewed & Accepted

07/02/2012 - Case Completed!

07/11/2012 - INTERVIEW DATE Assigned - - - > August 10,2012 6:15am -- APPROVED

07/31/2012 - POE

It's starting from high school and up.

Thanks for the kind words DWheels, Amenspanglish and Saylin. And congratulations StormHerald! How awesome! I hope you get your interview date soon.

He meant to type 1985 and he typed 1995, and neither of us caught it. I'm kicking myself. Such a simple mistake, but it will take a week for him to redo the form, sign it, and get it to the NVC from Australia. And my husband thinks he should wait until we get the actual RFE in case there's more than one problem, so I guess we will wait for that. I keep hoping the RFE email will show up, but so far, no luck.

Folks, please do not do what I did--be extra careful when checking your paperwork! Or you might regret it.

One weird thing, the operator (who was very talkative and trying to be helpful) kept telling me that his police check needed to be sent by the police to the consulate. I pointed out that, as per the instructions, I had sent his police check in with his IV package. She was adamant though. I hate to say it, but I think helpful operators may be as confusing as the unhelpful ones!

I'd suggest in your case, get your husband to print out a few blank copies of the DS-230, and sign just part 1. Then mail those to you right away. By the time you receive the forms, you should have the checklist from NVC. Make sure that question was the only thing wrong, then write in all the information again, making sure the question is correct.

Finally we have a CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dance::dance:

USCIS

09-13-11: mailed I-130

09-15-11: got Noa1 by e-mail, priority date 09-14-11

09-19-11: touched

09-23-11: got I-797c hard copy of Noa1

03-14-12: Noa 2 (Approved)

03-19-12: hard copy noa2 received

NVC

04-09-12: NVC case number, IIN and BIN

04-10-12: DS-3032 sent by email to NVC

04-24-12: DS-3032 accepted

05-14-12: paid AOS and IV fees

06-13-12: Sent both packets (AOS and DS-230)

06-27-12: received checklist for AOS

06-29-12: DS-230 accepted

07-02-12: sent to NVC checklist response

07-12-12: Case complete

07-13-12: Date INTERVIEW Assigned

07-25-12: Medical

08-23-12: Interview result?

08-23-12: Visa Approved

09-18-12: Dream come true (living in the United State)

Finally we have a CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dance::dance:

grats . . . lets party kicking.gifyes.gifno0pb.giflaughing.gif

CSC - I-130 for Spouse

11/21/2011 - Sent I-130 Petition

11/26/2011 -NOA1

05/14/2012 -NOA2 Email APPROVED 177days

NVC

05/28/2012 - NVC received

06/11/2012 - Case# generated, IIN, BIN

06/11/2012 - DS-3032 emailed

06/14/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

06/15/2012 - AOS Payment status: PAID & I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

06/20/2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid in PROCESS

06/21/2012 - IV bill shows PAID & Mailed IV packet to NVC

06/27/2012 - AOS packet Reviewed & Accepted

07/02/2012 - Case Completed!

07/11/2012 - INTERVIEW DATE Assigned - - - > August 10,2012 6:15am -- APPROVED

07/31/2012 - POE

grats . . . lets party kicking.gifyes.gifno0pb.giflaughing.gif

Omg, I just noticed the last line in your signature! rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.