Ryan H

NVC Filers - July 2012

1,354 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You betcha!

They do the "you betcha" thing up north, but not down here in the lower peninsula. It's funny how dialects can change even in the same state.

Married 10-27-2011

I-130 Sent : 11-12-2011

I-130 NOA1 : 11-22-2011

I-130 Approved : 5-25-2012

NVC Received : 6-19-2012

Received NVC Case # : 6-22-2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 7-9-2012

Pay I-864 Bill 7-9-2012

Receive I-864 Package : 7-10-2012

Return Completed I-864 :7-10-2012

Receive IV Bill : 7-17-2012

Pay IV Bill : 7-18-2012

Emailed DS-260: 7-22-2012

RFE: 7-30-2012

Sent RFE docs: 7-31-2012

Case Complete 8-7-2012

Interview Date: 9-24-2012

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!! YEA!!

POE:9/29/2012

as1cJWP0g410500MDAwMTQwOGx8MDAwOT dzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGdvdCBtYXJyaWVk.gif

event.png [/url][/img]

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are very welcome Chii! Start on page one and soak it up!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: GOT MY NVC CASE NUMBER!!! I'm very excited...and just finished my packets last night! Let the fun begin! YEAH!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

SHUT THE DOOR!! So excited. Accepted and case number all together. How cool is that. Happy dance indeed. (and no text, ping, flare to me. Whats up with that. I thought we were girlzzzz man. hehe)

I just called and the lady is like "can you read me what the letter says. I said. It says I am approved. (Like I have the dang thing in front of me at work). I was trying to pull it up on phone trying to be discreet and take convo out in hall. Than she goes. Well it takes 15 business days for it to arrive call back than. That would be July 19th. I am so sure. LOL

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Saylin or anybody else who already had the AOS and IV packet accepted:

I sent my AOS package and it was delivered 29th June. I was not reviewed yet and I'm kinda tired of calling and dealing with this nice OPs #NOT

Am im gonna receive a checklist for my IV package when my AOS its approved? Or it is just for some (lucky) cases?

I wish I received this checklist for the IV package cos It's a way to know that my AOS package was accepted =/

Other than that, just calling, right?

BTW my IV package just got delivered today too =) at least that, and I didnt get any checklist for my AOS yet.

but this silence it's killing me!

Thank you guys!

Timeline

Took me exactly 15 "WORKING" days from NOA2. I've only called the NVC four times prior to getting the number. In the AM of the 15th day, I was told "we just recieved the case today, please call back in 10 to 20 days for case number". Well, that wasn't what I really wanted to hear...so later that evening (8pm'ish Central Time, I called again, gave them my NOA2 receipt number and she started asking me different questions: Petitioner name and Date of Birth, same for Beneficiary, Application (Visa) type applied for. My email address, his email address and when she got to my telephone number...it was wrong "IN THE SYSTEM".

Wait, did she say "IN THE SYSTEM"...I was about to jump out of my chair, then she gave me the case number and said they were still working on entering so there was no Invoice just yet but to go ahead tomorrow morning and send in the DS-3032. They will contact me by email!

Way to be on it. Congrats. :thumbs: I will oribably call monday. Ther hold music gets on my nerve and well not like I can do anything anyway once it arrives and I get a case#. First payday baby. Watch out. LOL :dance: :dance:

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

my first post here biggrin.gif,and am glad to be here reading and getting all the information i need, i was approved on July 2 still waiting for NVC to receive my case..... i have been calling them to know whether they have it yet, but they dont. anyways they will be hearing from me every single day until they get it smile.gif

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Way to be on it. Congrats. :thumbs: I will oribably call monday. Ther hold music gets on my nerve and well not like I can do anything anyway once it arrives and I get a case#. First payday baby. Watch out. LOL :dance: :dance:

I know that's real...get that first payday and FINISH THIS UP! Let's get some tickets! WE have a beautiful PURPLE ceremony to attend!

SHUT THE DOOR!! So excited. Accepted and case number all together. How cool is that. Happy dance indeed. (and no text, ping, flare to me. Whats up with that. I thought we were girlzzzz man. hehe)

I just called and the lady is like "can you read me what the letter says. I said. It says I am approved. (Like I have the dang thing in front of me at work). I was trying to pull it up on phone trying to be discreet and take convo out in hall. Than she goes. Well it takes 15 business days for it to arrive call back than. That would be July 19th. I am so sure. LOL

I was TRYIN' TO LET YOU SLEEP! That's what Girlzzzzzzzzzzzzzz do...look out for each other!

:bonk:

:wow: Well we're going to pray for sooner that the 19th!

They do the "you betcha" thing up north, but not down here in the lower peninsula. It's funny how dialects can change even in the same state.

SO TRUE! My dialet has changed from hanging out in Nigeria with my husband! I pick up quick! :thumbs:..................But, of course, I can swing back to my S O U T H E R N (drawn out) C H A R M...at any 'ol time, indeed. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My wife called the NVC Monday night Eastern Standard Time, and apparently our visa application was approved on July 2 and forwarded to the Stockholm embassy. :)

Does that mean we have a case complete?

I guess what I do now is wait for the embassy to contact me and then I schedule an appointment with one of the panel physicians?

I need to update my timeline. :P I'm gonna get right on that.

Well, in most cases, after a case completion, the case is put into a queue for an interview date to be scheduled. Only once an interview date has been scheduled is the case sent to the consulate/embassy. I suggest calling NVC up and asking what's the status of your case.

Although, maybe they do things differently with Sweden...

I had my visa interview today APPROVED!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Relief is the word I use to describe it.

Saylin and others - THANK YOU.

Good luck everyone else

Mr bjorkstrom - congrats on case complete.

Grats! kicking.gifkicking.gif

Finally was able to pay my AOS fee. Jeeez. Hopeful that I'll be able to email my aos today or tomorrow. I was hoping to get my IV package off this week too, since I'm on vacation all next week. The place I'm going is an island in the upper peninsula of Michigan and communication with the outside world is limited at best. I guess another delay shouldn't surprise me at this point. This process is grueling. :crying:

Wow, grats on finally being able to pay the AOS fee. It'll probably appear as PAID either tomorrow or Thursday. Keep an eye on the payment portal. And hopefully your IV is invoiced soon as well, so you can pay that and send the IV package and complete the DS-260 before your vacation.

Saylin or anybody else who already had the AOS and IV packet accepted:

I sent my AOS package and it was delivered 29th June. I was not reviewed yet and I'm kinda tired of calling and dealing with this nice OPs #NOT

Am im gonna receive a checklist for my IV package when my AOS its approved? Or it is just for some (lucky) cases?

I wish I received this checklist for the IV package cos It's a way to know that my AOS package was accepted =/

Other than that, just calling, right?

BTW my IV package just got delivered today too =) at least that, and I didnt get any checklist for my AOS yet.

but this silence it's killing me!

Thank you guys!

You don't ALWAYS receive a false checklist. I never received one. So, yes, the only true way to know if your packages were accepted is by calling.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Quick question... can my hubby fill out the affidavit of support form now and have it handy without waiting for the instruction package from NVC?..... he has his tax returns for the past three years and also got his W2, he is waiting for his employment letter and also his pay stubs too.

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

Hey for those who did or know how long does it take if you choose to pay by money order or cashiers check (the snail mail)? Just wonder how much delay that may be. But its money so fgure it will be fast like they did our initial packets. LOL

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, grats on finally being able to pay the AOS fee. It'll probably appear as PAID either tomorrow or Thursday. Keep an eye on the payment portal. And hopefully your IV is invoiced soon as well, so you can pay that and send the IV package and complete the DS-260 before your vacation.

Got a "paid" message and emailed my aos today! Yea me! Hoping to get all this done this week........then bring on the vaca!!!!!

Edited by Julie B.

Married 10-27-2011

I-130 Sent : 11-12-2011

I-130 NOA1 : 11-22-2011

I-130 Approved : 5-25-2012

NVC Received : 6-19-2012

Received NVC Case # : 6-22-2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 7-9-2012

Pay I-864 Bill 7-9-2012

Receive I-864 Package : 7-10-2012

Return Completed I-864 :7-10-2012

Receive IV Bill : 7-17-2012

Pay IV Bill : 7-18-2012

Emailed DS-260: 7-22-2012

RFE: 7-30-2012

Sent RFE docs: 7-31-2012

Case Complete 8-7-2012

Interview Date: 9-24-2012

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!! YEA!!

POE:9/29/2012

as1cJWP0g410500MDAwMTQwOGx8MDAwOT dzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGdvdCBtYXJyaWVk.gif

event.png [/url][/img]

event.png

Quick question... can my hubby fill out the affidavit of support form now and have it handy without waiting for the instruction package from NVC?..... he has his tax returns for the past three years and also got his W2, he is waiting for his employment letter and also his pay stubs too.

No need to wait on the instruction package from NVC. (I never received it actually). As long as the AOS bill is showing as PAID in the payment portal, you can send the package.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No need to wait on the instruction package from NVC. (I never received it actually). As long as the AOS bill is showing as PAID in the payment portal, you can send the package.

ok cool...... thanks saylin good.gif

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Hey for those who did or know how long does it take if you choose to pay by money order or cashiers check (the snail mail)? Just wonder how much delay that may be. But its money so fgure it will be fast like they did our initial packets. LOL

I haven't seen a recent case, but it'll take NVC at least a week to get to your payment by mail, as it takes them usually a week to get to any package. Then they have to process it, and I believe they then have to mail you back a bar-coded cover sheet. But, like I said, I haven't seen a recent case, so I don't know exactly how this process goes and how long it currently takes.

In all honesty, unless you have a really good reason for not using the payment portal, I don't suggest snail mailing payment.

Got a "paid" message and emailed my aos today! Yea me! Hoping to get all this done this week........then bring on the vaca!!!!!

Wow, that was fast!! Hopefully the IV is invoiced soon and gets accepted just as fast!

ok cool...... thanks saylin good.gif

No problem ^_^

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Well, in most cases, after a case completion, the case is put into a queue for an interview date to be scheduled. Only once an interview date has been scheduled is the case sent to the consulate/embassy. I suggest calling NVC up and asking what's the status of your case.

Although, maybe they do things differently with Sweden...

This is what my wife wrote on her Facebook:

Exciting news! The visa application was approved July 2 and sent to the embassy in Sweden to schedule Mr. Borkström for an interview! The Viking invasion is imminent! ♥

I don't know what that means exactly. I don't know what they told my wife when she called. But I'll ask her tonight when we talk on Skype.

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.