Neha

Delay after US Immigrant interview

9 posts in this topic

Hi! I am a US citizen and I filed for immigration for my husband at the Newdelhi embassy ( both of living in NewDelhi, India currently) , he got called for his immigrant interview on May 1st 2012 and at the end of his interview his passport was retained, he was given a piece of white paper stating " Please bear with us while your case undergoes mandatory administrative processing. We have retained your passport to more quickly process your visa when the processing has been completed. When the processing is complete, we will send the passport and visa to you via VFS. " Its' been nearly two months since then, even after follow up and tracking theres' no word yet from either the Newdelhi embassy or vfs on where or how long it'll take for us to know whether the visa was approved or not...All I get online is "Your passport is under process at the US embassy/Consulate"...anyone have any ideas on how to follow up more on this??

Oh, dreaded Administrative Processing. This happens a lot at New Delhi and a lot of other consulates, and there's no good way to know how much longer it will be, and virtually no way to make it go faster. Some people have the US petitioner's elected officials do inquiries with the consulate, but they often end up in the same place you are: getting messages that the case continues under administrative processing. So frustrating. Hopefully you can connect with other New Delhi filers who have been through this for support. :(

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Hi! I am a US citizen and I filed for immigration for my husband at the Newdelhi embassy ( both of living in NewDelhi, India currently) , he got called for his immigrant interview on May 1st 2012 and at the end of his interview his passport was retained, he was given a piece of white paper stating " Please bear with us while your case undergoes mandatory administrative processing. We have retained your passport to more quickly process your visa when the processing has been completed. When the processing is complete, we will send the passport and visa to you via VFS. "

Its' been nearly two months since then, even after follow up and tracking theres' no word yet from either the Newdelhi embassy or Vfs helpline on where or how long it'll take for us to know whether the visa was approved or not...All I get online is "Your passport is under process at the US embassy/Consulate"...Could ANYONE help me in finding a way to follow up more on this? Thank you!

Oh, dreaded Administrative Processing. This happens a lot at New Delhi and a lot of other consulates, and there's no good way to know how much longer it will be, and virtually no way to make it go faster. Some people have the US petitioner's elected officials do inquiries with the consulate, but they often end up in the same place you are: getting messages that the case continues under administrative processing. So frustrating. Hopefully you can connect with other New Delhi filers who have been through this for support. :(

Sigh! This is really frustrating...I called the VFS Helpline and all they have to say is have patience....!!!! I'm due to fly out to US on 5th July, could I follow up with the embassy out there in SFO ? Would that be productive?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi! I am a US citizen and I filed for immigration for my husband at the Newdelhi embassy ( both of living in NewDelhi, India currently) , he got called for his immigrant interview on May 1st 2012 and at the end of his interview his passport was retained, he was given a piece of white paper stating " Please bear with us while your case undergoes mandatory administrative processing. We have retained your passport to more quickly process your visa when the processing has been completed. When the processing is complete, we will send the passport and visa to you via VFS. "

Its' been nearly two months since then, even after follow up and tracking theres' no word yet from either the Newdelhi embassy or Vfs helpline on where or how long it'll take for us to know whether the visa was approved or not...All I get online is "Your passport is under process at the US embassy/Consulate"...Could ANYONE help me in finding a way to follow up more on this? Thank you!

Well..sad to hear abt ur case but New Delhi Embassy is very strict in Issuing Visa as compared to Mumbai Consulate. According to what u hav posted it seems that they r doing Name check on ur Husband.

How was his Interview ...what que did Consul asked him??? Has he ever visited US of any other country before. And more importantly did he visit any Gulf countries before???

If so, then they will be probably doing background check on his name. But if its just a Name check then u will get Passport back with Visa soon, Cant say how soon coz Administrative processing varies with cases. But if everything is ok then it may take 2-4 months to clear. ...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Well..sad to hear abt ur case but New Delhi Embassy is very strict in Issuing Visa as compared to Mumbai Consulate. According to what u hav posted it seems that they r doing Name check on ur Husband.

How was his Interview ...what que did Consul asked him??? Has he ever visited US of any other country before. And more importantly did he visit any Gulf countries before???

If so, then they will be probably doing background check on his name. But if its just a Name check then u will get Passport back with Visa soon, Cant say how soon coz Administrative processing varies with cases. But if everything is ok then it may take 2-4 months to clear. ...

His interview went well , however since I'm working here in Delhi with the American embassy school on a contract they had questions about my job back in States. I had shown joint sponsors as my income wasn't sufficient alone to sponsor him but together with my parents it was more than enough. I believe that would have been the hitch but we had every kind of paperwork possible ready to show and the Officer seemed to be okay with everything except my job. My husband has visited the US before on a tourist visa , no gulf countries ever...I'm wondering if worst to worst , its' denied, could I apply for him again in the US itself?? So anxious and stressed out...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Two topics merged and two without answers removed. Do not post more than once on an issue/ question! ***

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

His interview went well , however since I'm working here in Delhi with the American embassy school on a contract they had questions about my job back in States. I had shown joint sponsors as my income wasn't sufficient alone to sponsor him but together with my parents it was more than enough. I believe that would have been the hitch but we had every kind of paperwork possible ready to show and the Officer seemed to be okay with everything except my job. My husband has visited the US before on a tourist visa , no gulf countries ever...I'm wondering if worst to worst , its' denied, could I apply for him again in the US itself?? So anxious and stressed out...

Neha,

This is totally normal for New Delhi. My fiancee had her interview on May 9th, told approved & then, was put in AP later. It is going to be two months in a week & we have not received her passport yet. Does your husband has a common name? If so, don't be surprised if it takes two to three months to get the visa.

you can e-mail the embassy via VFS but you will ge their standard response. I have heard AP can last anywhere from two to three months. you can have your senator or US reprentative inquiry on your behalf. Unfortunately, you cannot do a whole lot about this AP. It takes as long it takes. Good Luck & keep us posted.

Just a happy couple!

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi! I am a US citizen and I filed for immigration for my husband at the Newdelhi embassy ( both of living in NewDelhi, India currently) , he got called for his immigrant interview on May 1st 2012 and at the end of his interview his passport was retained, he was given a piece of white paper stating " Please bear with us while your case undergoes mandatory administrative processing. We have retained your passport to more quickly process your visa when the processing has been completed. When the processing is complete, we will send the passport and visa to you via VFS. " Its' been nearly two months since then, even after follow up and tracking theres' no word yet from either the Newdelhi embassy or vfs on where or how long it'll take for us to know whether the visa was approved or not...All I get online is "Your passport is under process at the US embassy/Consulate"...anyone have any ideas on how to follow up more on this??

Any new update on your case?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.