AldinTima

Green Card

4 posts in this topic

HI everyone, can someone please help me.

I came to the US w a k-1 visa. My wife and i got married June 9th. I applied for my SS card and received it last Saturday.

Now i need to apply for a green card, can someone please tell me what forms i need to fill out and what documents i need to send in.

My wife called the uscis office and as usual they were not much help.

Please help us.. thank u so much!!! :)

What you need to do is file for Adjustment of Status.

Here is the guide to follow: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Here is the AOS forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/7-adjustment-of-status-green-card-from-family-based-visas/

I suggest you also file for EAD (work permit) and AP (travel permit) ... they will both come on one card that will let you work/travel while the green card is in process. They take 2-3 months while the AOS is taking over 6 months.

Any questions during the process should be posted in the AOS forum linked above. :) Good luck!

Edited by Evylin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations on your wedding! Read and follow the instructions here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

This is a thread devoted to Adjustment of Status topics. You can always do a search on the website before posting as most questions have been asked and answered before, so will maybe help you find things a little more easily. Good luck!

See Profile for full K-1 timeline...summary:

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

17 Jun 2010 - Interview...APPROVED!

17 Jul 2010 - LHR to ATL. POE: JFK

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

23 Oct 2010 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP

29 Mar 2011 - APPROVED!!! (2 NOAs for medical info)

04 Apr 2011 - GC In Hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.