92 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I have been dumped. And what's even worse is that today is my birthday. He gave me excuses about his family was starting a business and he was the only one who could run it and someone here can make me happier and his family doesn't want him to come here. I think he has someone else but he insists that he doesn't. My heart is really broken. So I think I will be alone for awhile. What's crazy is that I wss reading messages from the beginning of this months and it was the opposite. I was the one telling him how hard this was and he was assuring me that it could work if we love each other. I'm just so sad. I'm too embarrassed to tell my family and friends. Everything was fine until he went their annual family vacation. He has been back since Friday and picks my birthday to break up with me. But God knows best. I hope I will soon find that person that he has made just for me.

WOWWWW :blink:

I'm sorry, sometimes life gets to hard, but be strong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Im kinda in the same boat, my fiancee is having doubts now. This process has pulled us apart and has take its toll emotionally on both of us.

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

This isn't an easy process at all. But everything happens for a reason and it's better to find out now than after a move or a marriage. Good luck!

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Update:

He said we would talk last night, we didn't and he is completely ignoring me. I didn't think that he could be such.a jerk bc he was so sweet. It still hurts but i have to move on bc obviously our relationship didn't mean anything to him.

event.png

-------------------------------------------)---------------

Oo My Baby1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Update:

He said we would talk last night, we didn't and he is completely ignoring me. I didn't think that he could be such.a jerk bc he was so sweet. It still hurts but i have to move on bc obviously our relationship didn't mean anything to him.

I'm so sorry. You deserve to be treated better than that. For whatever reason, he isn't capable of (or maybe isn't willing to) treat you more respectfully right now. Don't be so hard on yourself - no matter what happens from this point forward, it doesn't mean your relationship wasn't real. This is his problem. He may very well love you very much, but something else is higher on his agenda right now. That hurts very badly, and there's nothing you can do about it. It doesn't mean you were foolish or your relationship up until now wasn't genuine.

You're right to move on - focus on yourself. Please think of something you can do today that will be relaxing, or even better something that will make you feel happy. If you feel badly because of him, try to put it aside, you can always think about it later. The beauty of that is that it's true - you don't have to think about it all day long. You can think about it later. As far as all day long - think about yourself as much as you can. Right now, just focus on you.

Time will pass and things will change.

I'm really sorry this happened to you.

M

event.png

event.png

NOA1 2/5/13 for AOS from K1

Biometrics 3/1/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

You know that is very sad and very hard, especially that he picked that day to tell you this...but you are so right about God knows best...and He will bless you with someone who will love you and who you will grow old with and will be with you in the good times and bad times...There is someone special for you and when the time comes it will be the perfect timing...you will see!!! I wish you many blessings and that may God give you peace and happiness and heal your heart from this. Things happen for a reason and I know God wants you happiness and this man is obvious that in the long run was not going to make you happy... Take care and God bless!!

I have been dumped. And what's even worse is that today is my birthday. He gave me excuses about his family was starting a business and he was the only one who could run it and someone here can make me happier and his family doesn't want him to come here. I think he has someone else but he insists that he doesn't. My heart is really broken. So I think I will be alone for awhile. What's crazy is that I wss reading messages from the beginning of this months and it was the opposite. I was the one telling him how hard this was and he was assuring me that it could work if we love each other. I'm just so sad. I'm too embarrassed to tell my family and friends. Everything was fine until he went their annual family vacation. He has been back since Friday and picks my birthday to break up with me. But God knows best. I hope I will soon find that person that he has made just for me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Im kinda in the same boat, my fiancee is having doubts now. This process has pulled us apart and has take its toll emotionally on both of us.

This is one reason why the system is broken and needs to be reformed and Obama should have attempted to do something about it during his first 2 years when he had full power of the House and Senate, yet he attempted nothing.

The bottom line is, in my opinion, if two people are engaged, and you can prove you're in a relationship, and neither of you are criminals, then this process should not take so long and should not cause so much stress and worry. It's stressful enough just being in a long distance relationship and knowing that one person is going to have to leave their life behind, and the other person is going to suddenly be responsible for the other...both people's lives drastically change overnight. When you factor in mountains of paperwork, spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars, getting grilled at interviews, etc, etc, it just makes things that much more stressful.

Now..if people have applied for multiple K-1s, have criminal records and kids, i think maybe the process should take a little longer. But for example my fiancee and i have both never been married, never been arrested, i've visited her 4 times and she has a gold diamond ring on her finger, we've provided letters of support from both our families...there's no reason whatsoever we should have to wait around a year. A rational person should be able to look out our evidence, run background checks, and either say yes or no in a VERY short time period.

Our interview date is Friday, so i'm just giving my overall opinion on the process we've gone through. If for some reason she gets denied we are going to be shocked and devastated.....and furious.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tough - very tough. I am so sorry. But you will definitely rebound.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

I'm sorry cause you feel hurt but in the other hand I won't categorize him as a bad guy cause I'm a us citizen who is going thru a k-1 as well, my fiancé is a good guy who show me lots of love but I been single for over 9 yrs and now that I'm getting close to my noa2 I'm starting to get nervous(scare) and have lots of thoughts on leaving him as well. Some of us do get nervous and don't know how to handle pressure, it doesn't necessary mean that we don't care. I love my fiancé who I been with for a yr and wouldn't want to hurt him at all but I'm just scare.... Marriage to me is a serious step in my life, I have never been married before so just give him some time to get his thoughts together. I feel like that sometimes and I change my mind at others, I'm still hanging in here cause I truly love him...

I'm sorry cause you feel hurt but in the other hand I won't categorize him as a bad guy cause I'm a us citizen who is going thru a k-1 as well, my fiancé is a good guy who show me lots of love but I been single for over 9 yrs and now that I'm getting close to my noa2 I'm starting to get nervous(scare) and have lots of thoughts on leaving him as well. Some of us do get nervous and don't know how to handle pressure, it doesn't necessary mean that we don't care. I love my fiancé who I been with for a yr and wouldn't want to hurt him at all but I'm just scare.... Marriage to me is a serious step in my life, I have never been married before so just give him some time to get his thoughts together. I feel like that sometimes and I change my mind at others, I'm still hanging in here cause I truly love him...

Completely agree with being scared and marriage not being a joke. Its a serious step and we all have doubts.

AOS
2013-04-16 Sent AOS Package VIA EXPRESS MAIL
2013-04-17 Delivered at Chicago IL
2013-04-24 Emailed Received @11:52 pm.
2013-04-24 Check Cashed
2013-04-24 NOA1 Date
2013-04-29 NOA1 Receipt in Mail
2013-05-03 Receipt of BIO Appt. for 05/23/13
2013-06-14 EA/AP Approved Email Receipt and Card Production
2013-06-19 EA Card Production (2nd Email)
2013-06-21 Receive Email that EA was mailed
2013-06-21 Received Email with Tracking number for Post Office for EA
2013-06-24 Received Combo Card
2013-08-02 Received Possible Interview Waiver Letter
2013-11-21 Service Request Requested local office working on May 2,2013
2013-11-26 Received Email GC Production
2013-12-02 Received Email Mailed GC to address on file
2013-12-02 Received Email with Tracking Number & Welcome Letter
2013-12-04 Received GC Yayyyyyyyy
LIFTING CONDITIONS
2015-08-05 Received Letter to File to Remove Conditions
2015-08-28 Mail i751 Package VIA EXPRESS MAIL
2015-08-29 Received at VERMONT SERVICE CENTER
2015-09-02 Check Cashed
2015-09-17 Received Bio Appt. for 09/28/15 Letter dated 09/12/15
2016-06-03 Received Letter that case was Approved dated 05/27/16

2016-06-03 Card Production Text

2016-06-08 Card Mailed Out Text and Email

2016-06-09 Card Delivered Text and Email (Nothing in Mail)

2016-06-09 Called USPS Open investigation on Missing Mail

2016-06-10 Card in Hand YAYYYYY

event.png

sweetie i know you cant see it now....but he did you a favor....he actually must not be a total monster if he was honest with you,....it wouldve been worst if he kept leading you on then broke you heart later on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.