des1867

Getting Fustrated

15 posts in this topic

Hello my name is Dwight and I am a new member here, I recieved my NOA1 for my K1 on December 5, 2011, I learned that it was sent to the Vermont Service Center when I received the hard copy notification through the mail. I registered with the USCIS website and have only seen the words Initial Review to date. At the 5 month mark I did call the USCIS contact number and informed them that I was inquiring why my petition was outside of normal processing times in which the operator did a search on my EAC number and told me the same thing that I told her, that I was indeed outside of the VSC normal processing time and would send an inquiry on my behalf to the VSC office to get an explaination as to the status of my petition. I received an email from the VSC stating that my case was still under review and I should receive a decision within 60 days after receiving that email. Since then I have been reading and researching and trying to explain to my fiance why the process is taking so long. I read on this site about the "touches" and I looked at the USCIS Site to see just how many times my file had been "touched". I saw only one date, 12/13/11. The end of the additional 60 day waiting period is soon at hand July 10th to be exact and my fustration level is rising with each day that passes. I have tried to busy myself with work but my mind drifts back to the petition and wanting to know more. I know that all of this is not a question or a request for information, I suppose it is my way of venting. Anyway, good luck to those of you out there awaiting approval and for those of you who already have it, congradulations.

11/30/11 Mailed K-1 petition

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

5/8/12 Called USCIS for OUT OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME inquiry

5/10/12 received email from VSC stating to wait 60 more days for decision

6/25/12 emailed my congressman

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

6/29/12 sent request to state senator for an official inquiry into my case

7/3/12 Touched

7/3/12 text and email received for NOA2 approval

7/9/12 Received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

7/16/12 Called and received NVC Case Number

7/18/12 Called NVC and was told my case was in "additional processing"

7/27/12 Called NVC and was told my case is in "administrative processing"

8/2/12 Called NVC and was told my case is on the way to Manila.

8/6/12 Petition arrived in Manila

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

Interview Date : 9/13/12

8/8/12 Fiance passed medical exam at SLEC

8/10/12 Fiance took CFO seminar

8/10/12 NVC letter arrived in mail (hardcopy)

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/15/12 Interview Instruction Letter arrived in email

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Called Senator to ask for inquiry at embassy.

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/5/12 2GO Courier service has visa in transit

9/6/12 2go Courier delivered VISA at 4:30 pm

9/6/12 Ticket purchased for flight leaving 9/8/12 POE Chicago

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello my name is Dwight and I am a new member here, I recieved my NOA1 for my K1 on December 5, 2011, I learned that it was sent to the Vermont Service Center when I received the hard copy notification through the mail. I registered with the USCIS website and have only seen the words Initial Review to date. At the 5 month mark I did call the USCIS contact number and informed them that I was inquiring why my petition was outside of normal processing times in which the operator did a search on my EAC number and told me the same thing that I told her, that I was indeed outside of the VSC normal processing time and would send an inquiry on my behalf to the VSC office to get an explaination as to the status of my petition. I received an email from the VSC stating that my case was still under review and I should receive a decision within 60 days after receiving that email. Since then I have been reading and researching and trying to explain to my fiance why the process is taking so long. I read on this site about the "touches" and I looked at the USCIS Site to see just how many times my file had been "touched". I saw only one date, 12/13/11. The end of the additional 60 day waiting period is soon at hand July 10th to be exact and my fustration level is rising with each day that passes. I have tried to busy myself with work but my mind drifts back to the petition and wanting to know more. I know that all of this is not a question or a request for information, I suppose it is my way of venting. Anyway, good luck to those of you out there awaiting approval and for those of you who already have it, congradulations.

Call your Congressman asap. There is no logical reason that you should still be waiting. They are currently working on 1/09 at VSC. Someone should dig your petition out and finish adjudicating it. It was just some bad luck and it's idling somewhere in a pile. More proof that this system is very very broken.

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

moving to K-1 progress reports.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

While you feel frustrated, you should be aware there are many more possible delays in your future. Relax. Some people here have waited well over a year. If your fiancee has a medical issue, you may be delayed another six months. This process is not about instant gratification.

Follow your paperwork, stay on top of things, but understand this is rarely a speedy process. Never get angry at random people working on your case or on the phone. That person at the other end of the phone may or may not be able to help you, or may just be a cog in the system just like you are. But, their ability to flag your account for further scrutiny is probably assured. Piss them off and you may rotate back in the pile.

Best of luck.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

Timeline

This user is at 203 days. Without an RFE or any update to his case status he most likely qualifies for an expedite. A congressional response could assist him in this matter. He is well beyond normal processing time. It is clear that somehow his petition fell between the cracks. A proactive strategy (handled in a respectful manner) through the proper channels is very advisable. I don't think letting this go is a good thing. It is possible for someone to now hear anything for 203 days. But is is not normal. Very few petitions wait this length of time. But I agree with the above user. Don't get angry just try to take the steps now to solve the problem.

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline
:yes: I agree with Paul86. You've got to contact your Congressman or Senator as soon as possible,you're now over 5 months waiting.Never stop calling these guys in USCIS to follow-up your petition.It's a possibility that your papers were lost/misplaced or overlooked by an adjudicator.Still don't :no: lose hope.

01/09/2012 - Sent to TSC

01/10/2012 - Received by TSC, transferred to VSC

01/13/2012 - check cleared bank and email from USCIS

01/17/2012 - NOA from VSC Receipt # notice no case #

:yes: I agree with Paul86. You've got to contact your Congressman or Senator as soon as possible,you're now over 5 months waiting.Never stop calling these guys in USCIS to follow-up your petition.It's a possibility that your papers were lost/misplaced or overlooked by an adjudicator.Still don't :no: lose hope.

Thanks for the replys, so the cocensus here is to go ahead and contact my congressman and start a congressional inquiry before July 10,2012?

Edited by des1867

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

7/3/12 Touched

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Timeline

Thanks for the replys, so the cocensus here is to go ahead and contact my congressman and start a congressional inquiry before July 10,2012?

Yes. Service requests are basically pointless anyway. Once you hit 180-190 days Congress is the best option. They need to locate your file.

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Yes. Service requests are basically pointless anyway. Once you hit 180-190 days Congress is the best option. They need to locate your file.

Ok I just emailed my congressman. I will update you on the progress.

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

7/3/12 Touched

8/17/12 Interview date

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Timeline

I'm a December 7th, 2011 filer with the Vermont :bonk: Service :rofl: Center. You can find several of my post here, last one that it is my Sixty Day Anniversary. (F)

Sixty days ago I filed my RFE response with the Vermont Service Center. The request was so simple and easy to comply with, it would take a monkey five miuntes or a machine five seconds to see that my compliance fulfilled the request. Even though their rules provide that they will update or complete the process within sixty days I have heard nothing.

And yes, I have put in service requests to no avail.

Dealing with Vermont these days seems to make me go bonkers.:bonk:

I put in a request with my congressman this morning. I think they are quite familiar with slow processing times for Vermont. I hope that is all it is.

Best of luck to you.

I'm a December 7th, 2011 filer with the Vermont :bonk: Service :rofl: Center. You can find several of my post here, last one that it is my Sixty Day Anniversary. (F)

Sixty days ago I filed my RFE response with the Vermont Service Center. The request was so simple and easy to comply with, it would take a monkey five miuntes or a machine five seconds to see that my compliance fulfilled the request. Even though their rules provide that they will update or complete the process within sixty days I have heard nothing.

And yes, I have put in service requests to no avail.

Dealing with Vermont these days seems to make me go bonkers.:bonk:

I put in a request with my congressman this morning. I think they are quite familiar with slow processing times for Vermont. I hope that is all it is.

Best of luck to you.

I could understand it if it were a RFE request, at least that would explain why it is on hold or out of normal processing times, but there is no RFE on my petition or any type of explanation why it is outside of normal processing times.

But thank you for the kind words, I do appreciate the sympathy and I do wish you luck on your petition and hope that you have your NOA2 soon so you can continue with the VISA process.

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

7/3/12 Touched

8/17/12 Interview date

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Timeline

I could understand it if it were a RFE request, at least that would explain why it is on hold or out of normal processing times, but there is no RFE on my petition or any type of explanation why it is outside of normal processing times.

But thank you for the kind words, I do appreciate the sympathy and I do wish you luck on your petition and hope that you have your NOA2 soon so you can continue with the VISA process.

Your situation could be worse than mine. I think there is no excuse for the Vermont Service Center to disregard proceedure and protocol. It seems that many people who reply to a simple RFE get NOOA2 within a week or two after the recieve the response.

Check out the website for your congressman. I had to fill out a special fom, sign it and fax it in.

Your situation could be worse than mine. I think there is no excuse for the Vermont Service Center to disregard proceedure and protocol. It seems that many people who reply to a simple RFE get NOOA2 within a week or two after the recieve the response.

Check out the website for your congressman. I had to fill out a special fom, sign it and fax it in.

Thank you for the information, I went back and found the form you were talking about and filled it out and faxed it in. I hope I hear something soon.

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

7/3/12 Touched

8/17/12 Interview date

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Called my congressman's office today to find out about the status of my request for a congressional inquiry into my case. I asked if they had received the form that I faxed authorizing them to continue with the inquiry and they said they had received it and put it on the desk of the person who handles immigration issues. They also gave me a direct number to her so I could talk to her about the inquiry. Well, I called and she had not seen the form that I faxed. I assurred her that I would send it again to her office within the next 10 minutes and she gave me the direct fax number to her office. Once again I am waiting. I am faxing another form to my State Senators office tomorrow to request an inquiry there also.

Fingers crossed.

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

7/3/12 Touched

8/17/12 Interview date

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

I'm sorry that you have to wait this long. It rarely happens, but last month we have someone from here who had the same thing happened to her and her fiance. After trying many ways to contact for assistance in their case, it eventually takes 8 months for them to get approval notice. I hope yours won't take that long.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.