Mike and Adriana

Packets 3 and 4 for K-3 (Colombia)

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I just arrived at work, but will be able to send you the Packets as soon as I get back home this afternoon. If Peter is still MIA, I will forward you the e-mail/files I recieved from him.

Carolina will welcome the all-Spanish Packets! I sympothize with you, the English only forms can be a chore to translate -- but still a good exercise in learning English! ;) Although my wife and I are fairly fluent in both Eng/Span --- it's the conversational stuff that is tough. Alot of the time, I simply speak Spanish and she speaks English in order to keep down on the phone time --- which hurts our learning process.

Probably the best tip I can give you is --- Do NOT wait for correspondence from the US Embassy (Bogota), MAKE IT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to see that this process moves forward. It's a total waste of time (at least for deliveries to Cartagena) to sit and wait for a mail delivery that will never arrive. Once you find out that the Embassy recieved the approved I-129F, and you have recieved your I-797c notice, give them another week then:

1. As I described above earlier in this thread, locate the DS-230 and DS-157/156 forms and have your fiancee/spouse fill them out. (I provided links to download these forms from the Embassy website).

2. Fax and send via courier these to the Consulate, including a copy of your wife's passport and a short cover letter stating what is included.

3. Call the embassy again to determine if they have recieved everything. This is also a good time to find out if they issued an Interview date.

4. Pay for the Visa.

5. Compile and send the affidavit of support.

6. Call for the lab and medical appointments.

7. Review and prepare the documents (Instructions in Packets 3/4 describe the order these need to be in).

Hope this helps!

James

It's great to see people go out of their way to help others out as you all do on this site. Muy noble. Dios me los bendiga.

I filed our I-295F last week after some "policias acostados" (bumps in the road- Colombian style). Jeez.. my otherwise intelligent Carolina really had a hard time with the English-language forms.

I'm writing to ask you to help out this pobre "Paisita Chiviado" (hecho en las montanas antioquenas pero nacido en Los Junited Estates). I would appreciate any shortcuts, tips, forms, advice, you name it... anything that might make this wait a little shorter. I've already travelled to Medellin 3 times this year and planning another trip for next month, and I'm starting to feel a little light in the wallet (I used to tip to the left when I sat down)

Unfortunately, it seems the legendary Peter Miami is missing in action. Can anyone PLEASE e-mail me the forms and instructions he refers to in the previous posts? Most interested in packets 3 and 4.

My e-mail: fmore2@aol.com

Hi,

My wife Yadira is from Cartagena.. Please send me those packets you are talking about or any other info.. We just got approved on November 20.. I am in the process of calling the NVC to see where the process is at but all the phone lines are busy. I will give you thanks if you can.

FMore & Yadria'sM,

I just arrived home and working on getting those Packets prepared --- I am having some difficulties with my main computer, but I am in the process of moving those files over to my other computer and will send them to you as soon as I am finished...

Also.

I am in the process of calling the NVC to see where the process is at but all the phone lines are busy. I will give you thanks if you can

The Embassy will only accept phone calls regarding the K3 visa between the hours of 2pm - 4pm each Thursday (I think thats the day). Either way, if you call into the main number and tell them you have a question regarding your K3 visa petition, they will let you know exactly when you can call.

James

I just arrived at work, but will be able to send you the Packets as soon as I get back home this afternoon. If Peter is still MIA, I will forward you the e-mail/files I recieved from him.

Carolina will welcome the all-Spanish Packets! I sympothize with you, the English only forms can be a chore to translate -- but still a good exercise in learning English! ;) Although my wife and I are fairly fluent in both Eng/Span --- it's the conversational stuff that is tough. Alot of the time, I simply speak Spanish and she speaks English in order to keep down on the phone time --- which hurts our learning process.

Probably the best tip I can give you is --- Do NOT wait for correspondence from the US Embassy (Bogota), MAKE IT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to see that this process moves forward. It's a total waste of time (at least for deliveries to Cartagena) to sit and wait for a mail delivery that will never arrive. Once you find out that the Embassy recieved the approved I-129F, and you have recieved your I-797c notice, give them another week then:

1. As I described above earlier in this thread, locate the DS-230 and DS-157/156 forms and have your fiancee/spouse fill them out. (I provided links to download these forms from the Embassy website).

2. Fax and send via courier these to the Consulate, including a copy of your wife's passport and a short cover letter stating what is included.

3. Call the embassy again to determine if they have recieved everything. This is also a good time to find out if they issued an Interview date.

4. Pay for the Visa.

5. Compile and send the affidavit of support.

6. Call for the lab and medical appointments.

7. Review and prepare the documents (Instructions in Packets 3/4 describe the order these need to be in).

Hope this helps!

James

It's great to see people go out of their way to help others out as you all do on this site. Muy noble. Dios me los bendiga.

I filed our I-295F last week after some "policias acostados" (bumps in the road- Colombian style). Jeez.. my otherwise intelligent Carolina really had a hard time with the English-language forms.

I'm writing to ask you to help out this pobre "Paisita Chiviado" (hecho en las montanas antioquenas pero nacido en Los Junited Estates). I would appreciate any shortcuts, tips, forms, advice, you name it... anything that might make this wait a little shorter. I've already travelled to Medellin 3 times this year and planning another trip for next month, and I'm starting to feel a little light in the wallet (I used to tip to the left when I sat down)

Unfortunately, it seems the legendary Peter Miami is missing in action. Can anyone PLEASE e-mail me the forms and instructions he refers to in the previous posts? Most interested in packets 3 and 4.

My e-mail: fmore2@aol.com

Hi,

My wife Yadira is from Cartagena.. Please send me those packets you are talking about or any other info.. We just got approved on November 20.. I am in the process of calling the NVC to see where the process is at but all the phone lines are busy. I will give you thanks if you can.

6/14/2011 AOS Filed Chicago

6/16/2011 AOS Packet Delivered

7/16/2011 NOA1's Recieved

7/25/2011 ASC Appt Notice recieved

8/18/2011 Biometrics scheduled (Ft. Myers)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.