jft

Debt prevents travel outside Russia?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

If you have known this woman for so long and you have definite marriage intentions, why not help her out now? At the very least you can offer to help her. Most good FSU women are too proud to come out and ask for help. I guess it all depends on how soon you 2 want to be together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I guess it all depends on how soon you 2 want to be together.

She wouldn't be ready (have the visa in hand) for many months after the filing of the K-1 documents. Is this plenty of time to pay down the debt? For me, I would want my future wife to be in my arms, everyday, as soon as possible.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My Mother in Law is getting a totally pea sized Pension! Moving to a Free Market Society was really not an easy task and yes, of course the people are proud and do not want to seem an imposition. From what you've said you've known the family for many years, so it is not a scam. This is hardship in the Former Soviet Union due in part to several very difficult times (especially 1995). You marry into the family, not only your Spouse. If you have the ability to help financially then it is not only moral but totally part of the Culture to do what you can! I am not exempt, we do the same as I am advising. My Mother In Law is a wonderful lady, and I love her to no end! It is not her doing that her Pension can in no way meet her financial needs! She would have died a thousand deaths rather than breathe a single word to me about her financial condition, so I took the initiative long ago and told her she does not have to worry. I want to help and feel very grateful I can. She IS my Wife's mother! When my Wife immigrates to the United States we will be sending her Mom the difference in wages my Wife now brings to the household. At the Rouble exchange now to US Dollars it's not that much, and even if it was, I can do without to help my family. If your here on this Forum it is proof you are serious about multi-cultural marriage. If you know you are in a committed relationship then this is the deal, you either are part of the family or your not. Put away your fears or walk away. Help them if you can and say so if you cannot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.