lufthgiled

cannot produce photo for RFE, WHAT TO DO?? PLEASE HELP! NEEDED ASAP!

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline

It's a myth that K-1 is faster than CR-1, the only real difference is at the NVC where K-1s are stamped with a case number and sent along but CR-1 gets affidavit of support and visa application processed before being forwarded, if you're well prepared this can be done in 4 to 6 weeks

Since there are 2 of you needing to come to the US the CR route would save you a lot of money and hassle as there would be no adjustment of status.

On a side note I believe once a greencard is issued for the child they will be a US Citizen and can apply for thier US Passport using Dad's passport and thier greencard plus birth certificate to show he's the bio daddy.

Your biggest problem is that a marriage in the Philippines requires a 10 day waiting period so he would need to be there for 3 weeks to allow time for his Affidavit of Singleness from USEM, the waiting period and the ceremony.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's a myth that K-1 is faster than CR-1, the only real difference is at the NVC where K-1s are stamped with a case number and sent along but CR-1 gets affidavit of support and visa application processed before being forwarded, if you're well prepared this can be done in 4 to 6 weeks

Since there are 2 of you needing to come to the US the CR route would save you a lot of money and hassle as there would be no adjustment of status.

On a side note I believe once a greencard is issued for the child they will be a US Citizen and can apply for thier US Passport using Dad's passport and thier greencard plus birth certificate to show he's the bio daddy.

Your biggest problem is that a marriage in the Philippines requires a 10 day waiting period so he would need to be there for 3 weeks to allow time for his Affidavit of Singleness from USEM, the waiting period and the ceremony.

I am a catholic and I already inquire in our church how marriage processing I told them that my hubby is allowed by their company to be here in Philippines for only 1week but once they heard it they already told me to that it is not possible to get marry. Church requires seminar and counselling before the two couple get to the ceremony.

Now I am so tired about this processing.

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

would YOUR Catholic Church recognize pre-marital counselling from ANOTHER Catholic Church? There are many in the USA, all report to the same Papal Authority. It's worth it, to ask.

For a K-1 Visa, getting married in the Phillipines is a deal-killer - but you knew that already, right?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

If my fiance go here for only 1 week

we don't have a choice but to pursue K1 again..

coz' he has only 1week to be here

I read that a USC must go to US Embassy Manila to get a license for marriage capacity

then plus seminar before getting married

prepa to all necessary things

plus another 10 days to get our marriage certificate / license

we don't have much time.

We will do K1 again guys!

Anyways, as Penguin says if our uscis letter stating what's the reason of denying our petition is only the 2yrs met

then we can go to K1 again.

all our papers are organized done before we just fail in 2yrs requirement we laps 3mos.

Please pray for us to be successful the next attempt for K1..

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

• 5 months later...
Timeline

to all who have been like in this

please read and do not make any mistakes just like we did..

time are wasted bcoz of stubborn head of my fiance have.

anyway thank you all who responsed in here

I have two vj members here who really helped a lot

but yes all of you helped me a lot too..

Now guys, we file k1 again last dec5

dec 11 for our noa1

dec 13 alien num changed

and we are hoping for noa2 right away

and guys I hope you still help me all the way till we finish this

Godbless you all..

< My question since we are re-filer can we use this to expedite our case?>

thanks!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

to all who have been like in this

please read and do not make any mistakes just like we did..

time are wasted bcoz of stubborn head of my fiance have.

anyway thank you all who responsed in here

I have two vj members here who really helped a lot

but yes all of you helped me a lot too..

Now guys, we file k1 again last dec5

dec 11 for our noa1

dec 13 alien num changed

and we are hoping for noa2 right away

and guys I hope you still help me all the way till we finish this

Godbless you all..

< My question since we are re-filer can we use this to expedite our case?>

thanks!

No. You do not qualify for an expedite as a re-filer. That would just reward you for sending in the first petition where you didn't qualify which ended up wasting USCIS's limited resources. USCIS does not want to encourage people who don't qualify to waste their time and then get rewarded with an expedite when they refile.

You go through the same process like everyone else. You wait a similar amount if time.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum -- update to topic qualifies this as a progress thread. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.