VikingMamma

June 2012 I-130 Filers?

2,431 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Germany
Timeline

Wow really!!!! bump. :blink: just hope that we are not in one in millions lottery winner lost in the Abyss... :lol:

I know. I guess it makes sense. They're not trained to really know originals from fake.

Anyways, went down town and ordered new Justice Clearance. Will arrive next week. :thumbs:

Now I'm set. Got some info on DHL postal service. Checking the expense I have to come up with.

All good for the moment.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hi Neto,

I'm not sure about Sri Lanka where it may have EP (electronic processing) and routine may be different than other country. IE: India processing is almost same as everyone else except after case close. So you wants to check with NVC or NVC forum for Sri Lanka first before attemp to do anything.

But in general for IR-1 required documents are:

Civil Documents:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

on second page...this is where it country specific you may wants to take a peek.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html

At the top of this url it will tell you to submit either original or certified copies...but this is just in general, you may wants to look at specific country related and see local US embassy may asks differently and at time not on the general list. Once you has paid DS-230 if done online they will provide a link to NVC which is above and you can go over them again same for AOS too.

Below are documents I would prefer send in original + photocopy instead of certified to avoid RFE....but that option is your.

1. Marriage certificate + photocopy

2. Divorced/dissolution documents for both if applied.

3. Birth certificate for both << birth certificate must shown with both parents name and DOB on it >>

4. Justice clearance <<< this is of course must be original no doubt and no need to for photocopy attach >>

5. For IR-1 you will also need to provide not sure at NVC or Embassy at interview....and they are:

Prove of relationship between you & your husband...phone bills, photos you taken together, airplane tickets or other you think it may help you. I strongly show photos, airplane ticket when he visit you...others priority come sencond.

I show them the photo of me and my wife on new year ...CO laugh his A** out and he didn't even bother to look at anything else and approval our case within 5 mintues during interview.

Remember above are just major items other will need to be submitted along too.

AOS Documents:

If your husband lived in/and work in USA, if he haven't done so, I would strongly suggest to get online or call IRS (internal revenue services) to get his tax transcript for the 2012,2011,2010. A letter from his employer must state >> date when he start, salary, job title. Those three must be on the letter. Pay stub for last 6 months, his W2 for past 3 years. If he need a sponsor than the sponsor must do the same as mention here too.

If you are using Asset in junction or whatever the case than prepare to prove that $mula$ in the bank must be 1 year or more with statement and not just few months ago that will not fly with CO during interview.

Cover letter:

For each package once you paid online, you will need to print out the cover letter that letter contain a bar code so they can scan them upon received or review. This must be attach DON'T FORGET!!! and it MUST be on top of the whole pile of papers so whoever get it don't fumbling around looking for it and they may loose some of your paper or PHOTOS and that you won't be happy.

Now another cover sheet is different than cover letter which will be place under the cover letter....Sonjat referring as Documents Content. And for me is written as I cut the cheese get to the point:

NVC CASE#

USCIS EAC#

PETITION NAME:

BENEFICIARY NAME:

CIVIL DOCUMENTS OR AOS (type one that applied to document) DOCUMENT CONTENT

* DS-230

* PETITIONER BIRTH (ORIGINAL + PHOTO)

* BENEFICIARY BIRTH (ORIGINAL + PHOTO)

.....and this list go on.

Edited by Readerchoice

I know. I guess it makes sense. They're not trained to really know originals from fake.

Anyways, went down town and ordered new Justice Clearance. Will arrive next week. :thumbs:

Now I'm set. Got some info on DHL postal service. Checking the expense I have to come up with.

All good for the moment.

:thumbs: won't be much :blink: my mother in law send the document using DHL express 3 days oversea cost her $90usd yikes :rofl: or regular snail mail USPS will be 1-2 weeks $50usd.

Timeline

:thumbs: won't be much :blink: my mother in law send the document using DHL express 3 days oversea cost her $90usd yikes :rofl: or regular snail mail USPS will be 1-2 weeks $50usd.

yikes.. :devil: This is ... Your from Armenia, did I spell right. I will check the map where this is. :unsure:

Timeline

yikes.. :devil: This is ... Your from Armenia, did I spell right. I will check the map where this is. :unsure:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I called NVC got my case number...... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

But the Invoice ID number isn't generated yet. Want me to call back Monday. This is alright.

With peace I get the DS-3032 emailed tonight. 2 steps down three to go.

Oh, this means I can get the medical done. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I called NVC got my case number...... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

But the Invoice ID number isn't generated yet. Want me to call back Monday. This is alright.

With peace I get the DS-3032 emailed tonight. 2 steps down three to go.

Oh, this means I can get the medical done. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congrat Sonjat....

Since I it won't allow me to make another edit on earlier post #1472 so I will write it here.

For some country regards to medical......

Of course you will received the invitation package along with where to go for medical exam when local US embassy received your case from NVC. Hospital/clinic will hand to you a seal envelop contain your result "DO NOT OPEN IT" otherwise you will need to redo it again.

Timeline

Since I it won't allow me to make another edit on earlier post #1472 so I will write it here.

For some country regards to medical......

Of course you will received the invitation package along with where to go for medical exam when local US embassy received your case from NVC. Hospital/clinic will hand to you a seal envelop contain your result "DO NOT OPEN IT" otherwise you will need to redo it again.

Thanks for the reminder. I was aware of this. I won't touch it. :thumbs:

I updated my timeline. I just emailed DS-3032 (printed the page),

Received confirmation 30 seconds later that they received it, that they work in order received. (printed this page too)

:thumbs:

Edited by Sonjat

Thanks for the reminder. I was aware of this. I won't touch it. :thumbs:

I updated my timeline. I just emailed DS-3032 (printed the page),

Received confirmation 30 seconds later that they received it, that they work in order received. (printed this page too)

:thumbs:

:dance:

Timeline

I'm writing on each document on upper right corner, and back of picture, with pencil my

case #, Name, DOB

Does this sound right?

This way if lost, I hope they find it again.

I have no pictures to proof my relationship with my daughter. :rofl:

They can check on Facebook.

I'm writing on each document on upper right corner, and back of picture, with pencil my

case #, Name, DOB

Does this sound right?

This way if lost, I hope they find it again.

I have no pictures to proof my relationship with my daughter. :rofl:

They can check on Facebook.

Yes that correct about writing with pencil behind the photos.

Sure, just tell them to get on facebook during interview to save our planet less waste (why didn't I think of that). :rofl:

Filed: Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Hi Neto,

I'm not sure about Sri Lanka where it may have EP (electronic processing) and routine may be different than other country. IE: India processing is almost same as everyone else except after case close. So you wants to check with NVC or NVC forum for Sri Lanka first before attemp to do anything.

But in general for IR-1 required documents are:

Civil Documents:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

on second page...this is where it country specific you may wants to take a peek.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html

At the top of this url it will tell you to submit either original or certified copies...but this is just in general, you may wants to look at specific country related and see local US embassy may asks differently and at time not on the general list. Once you has paid DS-230 if done online they will provide a link to NVC which is above and you can go over them again same for AOS too.

Below are documents I would prefer send in original + photocopy instead of certified to avoid RFE....but that option is your.

1. Marriage certificate + photocopy

2. Divorced/dissolution documents for both if applied.

3. Birth certificate for both << birth certificate must shown with both parents name and DOB on it >>

4. Justice clearance <<< this is of course must be original no doubt and no need to for photocopy attach >>

5. For IR-1 you will also need to provide not sure at NVC or Embassy at interview....and they are:

Prove of relationship between you & your husband...phone bills, photos you taken together, airplane tickets or other you think it may help you. I strongly show photos, airplane ticket when he visit you...others priority come sencond.

I show them the photo of me and my wife on new year ...CO laugh his A** out and he didn't even bother to look at anything else and approval our case within 5 mintues during interview.

Remember above are just major items other will need to be submitted along too.

AOS Documents:

If your husband lived in/and work in USA, if he haven't done so, I would strongly suggest to get online or call IRS (internal revenue services) to get his tax transcript for the 2012,2011,2010. A letter from his employer must state >> date when he start, salary, job title. Those three must be on the letter. Pay stub for last 6 months, his W2 for past 3 years. If he need a sponsor than the sponsor must do the same as mention here too.

If you are using Asset in junction or whatever the case than prepare to prove that $mula$ in the bank must be 1 year or more with statement and not just few months ago that will not fly with CO during interview.

Cover letter:

For each package once you paid online, you will need to print out the cover letter that letter contain a bar code so they can scan them upon received or review. This must be attach DON'T FORGET!!! and it MUST be on top of the whole pile of papers so whoever get it don't fumbling around looking for it and they may loose some of your paper or PHOTOS and that you won't be happy.

Now another cover sheet is different than cover letter which will be place under the cover letter....Sonjat referring as Documents Content. And for me is written as I cut the cheese get to the point:

NVC CASE#

USCIS EAC#

PETITION NAME:

BENEFICIARY NAME:

CIVIL DOCUMENTS OR AOS (type one that applied to document) DOCUMENT CONTENT

* DS-230

* PETITIONER BIRTH (ORIGINAL + PHOTO)

* BENEFICIARY BIRTH (ORIGINAL + PHOTO)

.....and this list go on.

Thank you Readerchoice, everythings looks ok but the issue is "prove that $mula$ in the bank must be 1 year or more with statement and not just few months ago that will not fly with CO during interview." ,make me to think, really it should be 1 or more year statements??? I am stuck with this now.

Filed: Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Thank you Readerchoice, everythings looks ok but the issue is "prove that $mula$ in the bank must be 1 year or more with statement and not just few months ago that will not fly with CO during interview." ,make me to think, really it should be 1 or more year statements??? I am stuck with this now.

Hi Readerchoice

I dnt no weather i have misunderstood or correct on statement you have said about ("prove that $mula$ in the bank must be 1 year or more with statement and not just few months ago that will not fly with CO during interview.")

What i want to get clear from you is the bank statement we have to submit one year statement i mean from 2012-2013??? (all 12 months statements)or the amount($mula$) should be maintain for one year??? (without withdrawing the $mula$ for one year)???

Hope you got what i mean :)

Hi Readerchoice

I dnt no weather i have misunderstood or correct on statement you have said about ("prove that $mula$ in the bank must be 1 year or more with statement and not just few months ago that will not fly with CO during interview.")

What i want to get clear from you is the bank statement we have to submit one year statement i mean from 2012-2013??? (all 12 months statements)or the amount($mula$) should be maintain for one year??? (without withdrawing the $mula$ for one year)???

Hope you got what i mean :)

Basically statement (checking/savings) they wants to see from newest (present) to earlier (2012 months????>>>) consistent of 1 year. Now for example in April 2012 you have $30,000 in saving.......in August 2012 shown a deposit of $10,000 than September another deposit of $8,0000 you get the grip....these recent huge deposits shown on the statements CO will/may ask you where does it come from? you must have prove the source of these huge deposit (IE: sold a car or property own by you or whatever may be the cases), if you already has $100K sitting duck for over 1 year than it shouldn't be any issues as far as I concern. Of course I assume they wants to see normal activity on your checking account too, if it shown no activities or very minimum mean you only deposit what about normal daily expenses? you don't wants to trigger any alarming. If bank statements or resources coming from oversea from certain country (you know what I mean here) situation will get tougher.

Bottom line: When you're using asset to qualified it must be clear and solid. Consular officer will exam them closely especially one using assets and this is mention in an attorney letter you can read all about it as the last option or resources use to qualified or meet standard poverty guideline (PG). After all I wanted to tell you that it REALLY DEPEND who you get at time of interview you know what I mean.

www.youradwokat.com/documents/newdev/Financial-Requirements-for-Sponsoring-a-Spouse-for-Residence.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.