VikingMamma

June 2012 I-130 Filers?

2,431 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

You owe me 2 cents because I take it. :whistle:

So...instead of police clearance I write "Justice clearance" correct?

Anything other..??

Its in the details.

:lol: So far that's all I know, for other stuff it's country specific. Just make sure birth, marriage, justice clearance must be in orignial, other documents is also and should be in original too or minimun certified copy but I don't see it say certified anywhere for civil documents accepting certified copy. NEVER send in photocopy without original attach, should be original + photocopy == Get back original during/when interview is over, they will keep the photocopy for record. I was in this position with my wife many years back and CO said...next time send in photocopy too so he doesn't have to photocopy them and waste their time + $$$. Now it no cents cause i'm broke :lol:

YOU are so correct. I found it.

Original birth certificate from petitioner because of IR5.

Thank you very much.

Checked if I got original. Not sure. Virginia indicates watermark.

Which is present. This must be original.

I forgot to tell you.....on birth certificate must SHOWN both parents names.

Edited by Readerchoice

It looks original. It says to hold it against the light to see the watermark. Its from Virginia.

I see the watermark. I sure hope they don't lose it.

For original documents if you haven't done so, get a certified copy for all of them in the case YES they get lost in the process of snail mail or for whatever reason, you can always resubmit the certified copy with explaination why (backup plan B of course :lol: ).

Edited by Readerchoice

Filed: IR-5 Country: Germany
Timeline

:lol: So far that's all I know, for other stuff it's country specific. Just make sure birth, marriage, justice clearance must be in orignial, other documents is also and should be in original too or minimun certified copy but I don't see it say certified anywhere for civil documents accepting certified copy. NEVER send in photocopy without original attach, should be original + photocopy == Get back original during/when interview is over, they will keep the photocopy for record. I was in this position with my wife many years back and CO said...next time send in photocopy too so he doesn't have to photocopy them and waste their time + $$$. Now it no cents cause i'm broke :lol:

I forgot to tell you.....on birth certificate must SHOWN both parents names.

I can't Thank You enough. You've been a great help.

The watermark indicates its original, and yes both parents are listed.

I will make copies of all in addition. And for myself too.

I'm confident my head is screwed on and I accomplish it.

Another question: Should I attach copy behind original..or make a new stack, like front is all original and back are copies of originals. Might not matter.

I forgot to tell you.....on birth certificate must SHOWN both parents names along with DOB too.

Timeline

For original documents if you haven't done so, get a certified copy for all of them in the case YES they get lost in the process of snail mail or for whatever reason, you can always resubmit the certified copy with explaination why (backup plan B of course :lol: ).

Where can I get certified copy? The consulate?

I can't Thank You enough. You've been a great help.

The watermark indicates its original, and yes both parents are listed.

I will make copies of all in addition. And for myself too.

I'm confident my head is screwed on and I accomplish it.

Another question: Should I attach copy behind original..or make a new stack, like front is all original and back are copies of originals. Might not matter.

For me I attached original on top than a photocopy right behind of each documents in chronical order (NVC civil documents required list).

Remember for backup plan as I mention earlier, what I did is make sure it certified copy not just photocopy because they wants to see an offical seal/stamp from a person whom authorized/witness your documents, in the case of original is lost in the abyss.

You may check your local yellow pages or use Google to find nearest place near you. It may cost an arm and a leg (did for me), and you may not need it later if everything went well, but if in rare situation this come in handy.

Timeline

You may check your local yellow pages or use Google to find nearest place near you. It may cost an arm and a leg (did for me), and you may not need it later if everything went well, but if in rare situation this come in handy.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Will do.

I feel exhausted just thinking. I will get the DS230 straighten and check where to find a place.

Glad this part comes a little later. Gives me next week time to run around.

Maybe someone working for the consulate or the Army base.

In some country it where you get your documents from and that is your local office government official. Here in United States I guess just reapply for new one and wait not sure.

Will do.

I feel exhausted just thinking. I will get the DS230 straighten and check where to find a place.

Glad this part comes a little later. Gives me next week time to run around.

Maybe someone working for the consulate or the Army base.

It sure give us a little excercise. :lol:

Timeline

In some country it where you get your documents from and that is your local office government official. Here in United States I guess just reapply for new one and wait not sure.

It sure give us a little excercise. :lol:

I have enough mental exercise. This might sound weird. But what doesn't. (Just started re-writing my cover page)

How much did it cost you circa to have ONE thing certified ???

I ask because I wonder if I should just go ahead and send 2 original. One they can keep.

Justice clearance is 13 Euro

International Birth Certificate 10 Euro.

This just leaves me to worry my daughters Birth certificate. I'm going weird. :rofl:

I have enough mental exercise. This might sound weird. But what doesn't. (Just started re-writing my cover page)

How much did it cost you circa to have ONE thing certified ???

I ask because I wonder if I should just go ahead and send 2 original. One they can keep.

Justice clearance is 13 Euro

International Birth Certificate 10 Euro.

This just leaves me to worry my daughters Birth certificate. I'm going weird. :rofl:

It cost us $10 bucks per page for certified copied with expidite of course or lower cost + wait.

1. Original & photocopy should be good. Not certified copy & photocopy == NO. But some at NVC VJ thread many have luck with this combo and MANY others get RFE for original.

2. Justice clearance should be original only no photocopy needed when submit to NVC cause you don't need them back nor they will give them back to you. If this piece of paper going to take a long time to get from your local official, I would suggest getting a certified copy.

3. Your original international birth certificate + photocopy is good.

4. Your daughter original birth certificate + photocopy. I suggest you get a certified copy of this one just in case.

Edited by Readerchoice

Timeline

It cost us $10 bucks per page for certified copied with expidite of course or lower cost + wait.

1. Original & photocopy should be good. Not certified copy & photocopy == NO. But some at NVC VJ thread many have luck with this combo and MANY others get RFE for original.

2. Justice clearance should be original only no photocopy needed when submit to NVC cause you don't need them back nor they will give them back to you. If this piece of paper going to take a long time to get from your local official, I would suggest getting a certified copy.

3. Your original international birth certificate + photocopy is good.

4. Your daughter original birth certificate + photocopy. I suggest you get a certified copy of this one just in case.

:wacko: Gotcha...My justice clearance is from November. The date seems far off through the long wait. Another one takes 4 days. No big deal. Having another original International Birth certificate its solely for me. Hard to obtain ones inside the states.....The most important thing to take care of is my daughters... I will pay special attention to having this done.

:wacko: Gotcha...My justice clearance is from November. The date seems far off through the long wait. Another one takes 4 days. No big deal. Having another original International Birth certificate its solely for me. Hard to obtain ones inside the states.....The most important thing to take care of is my daughters... I will pay special attention to having this done.

:lol::thumbs:

Filed: Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

It seem that 60% on NVC thread get a checklist but most of the time cause they didn't submit in original documents.

Usually after interview you can definetely travel anywhere you wants, but I would just waited out for a day or two to get the passport back from Embassy. I was in New Zealand and they send it back on next day for my wife. So far from what I have read....some country after case closed at NVC they will get an interview setup within 2 weeks and another 2-3 weeks to interview date, that is the fastest I've seen.

When submitting documents to NVC pay close attention in the instructions on what they wants, espcially documents. For birth, marriage certificate they wants them in original not photocopy or certified copy, original you will get them back at time of interview. Mostly NVC send RFE for and it a waste of time too. I thought you have to wait for interview invitation package from embassy stating the time frame when you should get medical exam? I'm not sure on this or how it work or is it just like justice clearance documents, but medical should only cost a day max to get by.

Hi Readerchoice

Do they ask for original documents??? (Birth and marriage certificates), i have only one original copies of these, if i submit original to them how can i make sure they will give us before the interview date???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.