VikingMamma

June 2012 I-130 Filers?

2,431 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Germany
Timeline

i already have a case number... but not sure what to do yet since my husband hired a lawyer...

may things to say but i think hiring a lawyer is confusing...

Try staying in contact with your lawyer. You paid him to answer your questions. Specially where you stand at this time.

You say you have case number.

I assume the beneficiary filled the DS-3032 and assigned the lawyer as the agent. (this is solely my understanding)

With case number you might be as far as having paid the I-864 invoice by now. (I don't know if your lawyer pays this)

I say its important to stay in contact. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Aand just after all I was expecting a decision, here comes second RFE

""On April 5, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting evidence/information for this case to you or your representative. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the material requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence/information or the opportunity to submit it expires. A new processing period will begin when we receive your response. You or your representative will be notified by that office of a decision or if any further information or action is needed from you. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.""

I am in shock. Why couldn't they demand all docs on first RFE?

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

""On April 5, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting evidence/information for this case to you or your representative. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the material requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence/information or the opportunity to submit it expires. A new processing period will begin when we receive your response. You or your representative will be notified by that office of a decision or if any further information or action is needed from you. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.""

If they find more on your case it may get rejected and that the worst you can possible imagine so hold on to your seat.

Filed: Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Ho god its really annoying.Just hold on

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow. It's possible they are asking for more information based upon your response, though. I know that sometimes they can't ask for everything they need because what they need might be based upon how you responded to the first RFE. Maybe your photo didn't follow their guidelines close enough? There could be a lot of reasons if they are requesting more info based upon the response. Perhaps they wanted more than just a photo.

On the other hand, if it turns out to be something they should have known to ask for in the first RFE, that would be messed up!

I'm rooting for you Recl12!

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Timeline

If they find more on your case it may get rejected and that the worst you can possible imagine so hold on to your seat.

You mean more than two RFEs means automatic cancellation. Are there any guidelines or rules related to that

Any source pl

Timeline

Stay calm. This will be the last RFE for you. I'm sure of it.

Check all your copied documents one more time. The checklist of what they needed from you.

Maybe you notice yourself anything missing...

It will work out.

Try staying in contact with your lawyer. You paid him to answer your questions. Specially where you stand at this time.

You say you have case number.

I assume the beneficiary filled the DS-3032 and assigned the lawyer as the agent. (this is solely my understanding)

With case number you might be as far as having paid the I-864 invoice by now. (I don't know if your lawyer pays this)

I say its important to stay in contact. :blink:

the thing is, it's my husband who is communicating with the lawyer... apparently it is true that hiring one can just cause additional delay since you wont really be prioritized... grrrr... the thing is my husband is more patient than me... and he doesnt like being pushed or even reminded everyday... grrr things are slightly complicated...

Timeline

When did they received your 1st RFE??????

Submitted march 29

And here's a message of second RFE

Things r getting tough for me

When did they received your 1st RFE??????

Submitted march 29

And here's a message of second RFE

Things r getting tough for me

Timeline

When did they received ur 1st RFE???

I told you

I submitted on 29. And next was apr 03 when they again wrote ###### like we have received actively processing bla bla

But now just after 2-3 days again sent second RFE

I studied in some sites

RFE is not that bad as

Bad is denial warning letter

Notice of intend to deny

NOID the say

They also say a new processing time will start after we submit this second RFe

Timeline

the thing is, it's my husband who is communicating with the lawyer... apparently it is true that hiring one can just cause additional delay since you wont really be prioritized... grrrr... the thing is my husband is more patient than me... and he doesnt like being pushed or even reminded everyday... grrr things are slightly complicated...

Stay hopeful. I can detect the difficulties. Your husband might try avoiding concerning you with everything.

You be home soon and all is forgotten. (F)

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

In the pass I used to work for many big laws firm and dealt with all kind of lawyers (big shoot and little one) in the state. Some but not all lawyers will go that extra miles to get thing done because they can't call each day to NVC for every case they work on, even their paralegal and secretary. I can see where your husband position even though he paid and hired a lawyer to represent him but he also doesn't want step on anyone toes and let the pros handle each step of entire journey, if you get my grip.

Knowing and following VJ is a good thing but also have it bad side. Good side of VJ you can save $$$ from hiring a lawyer and shave off those extra weeks during NVC, bad side of VJ are some questions and answers may or may not be correct that applied to your position (some immigration documents can get confusing and frustrated at times) and by filling out or miss understood instructions will trigger your case to delay or even worst denial. What I am saying is that with a lawyer may delay only few weeks from POE but your husband can assure job done right. For others that never go through or down this road before it's a scary journey to be alone or where to even begin with.

My words for you at this moment it should be spend with your family and put NVC aside, let the lawyer do their jobs it may not be done right away but either way it will get done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.