VikingMamma

June 2012 I-130 Filers?

2,431 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

After waiting so long since June 04, they now sent us RFE...today...the status says -

"On March 26, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

What the heck this annoying thing comes now??

I m frustrated.

At least they looked at your application finally! They feel that you haven't proven one of the things intended by the I-130 and documents. For instance, possibly proof that the peitioner is a US citizen, possibly that your marriage is legal, or that your marriage was entered into for bona fide purposes (love). Or possibly they are missing some documentation or want more from you showing more evidence of a bona fide relationship with your spouse.

It could be a number of things. You will find out as soon as you receive the RFE from them. Once you find out what they need, just send them the evidence they are looking for. If it's more proof of a bona fide relationship, then send them pictures, phone records, money wire transfer records, insurance records (go overboard with evidence for this). If they are just missing something like proof that the petitioner is a US citizen, just send them a copy of the petitioner's passport and birth certificate (or citizenship certificate, etc.).

Don't worry. The first stage is ALMOST over. Just respond to them ASAP and let us know what they need so we can help you to know all the things you should send in if we can think of things you don't think of for some reason.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No. Just relax. We cant do anything. They will proceed the way they want.

so..why being upset when it serves no purpose. Patience..even though its hard.

Hey guys im at csc but dont forget about me im still waiting too....in 2days it will be 9 months and wedding anniversary is 3weeks away...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

At least they looked at your application finally! They feel that you haven't proven one of the things intended by the I-130 and documents. For instance, possibly proof that the peitioner is a US citizen, possibly that your marriage is legal, or that your marriage was entered into for bona fide purposes (love). Or possibly they are missing some documentation or want more from you showing more evidence of a bona fide relationship with your spouse.

It could be a number of things. You will find out as soon as you receive the RFE from them. Once you find out what they need, just send them the evidence they are looking for. If it's more proof of a bona fide relationship, then send them pictures, phone records, money wire transfer records, insurance records (go overboard with evidence for this). If they are just missing something like proof that the petitioner is a US citizen, just send them a copy of the petitioner's passport and birth certificate (or citizenship certificate, etc.).

Don't worry. The first stage is ALMOST over. Just respond to them ASAP and let us know what they need so we can help you to know all the things you should send in if we can think of things you don't think of for some reason.

You are very right. I am also preparing all docs..one copy of all what possibly they can demand....will respond overnightly...

Hoping that i m close to approval..

Timeline

I find it strange they said Initial Evidence.

Did it really say that or was it 'additional'?

Ya we usually see "initial evidence."

But it has happened to others.

Edited by bsd058

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

Filed: IR-5 Country: Germany
Timeline

You are very right. I am also preparing all docs..one copy of all what possibly they can demand....will respond overnightly...

Hoping that i m close to approval..

Omg...I understand your frustration. Shame how they come up with RFE after 9 month waiting.

Omg...I'm sure they have something in store for me too. Like RFE.

Respond quick with what is needed. After this you get your approval.

I send my letter the regular mailing way.

Just something I did for myself.

Timeline

I don't know what this means. They sure never mention any details.

no they didnt give any details, the just said the required background check for my case is still pending.....but from what i have heard the background check usually takes only a few weeks to a month so i dont know why mine is taking so long neither my hubby nor i have a criminal history.

Timeline

no they didnt give any details, the just said the required background check for my case is still pending.....but from what i have heard the background check usually takes only a few weeks to a month so i dont know why mine is taking so long neither my hubby nor i have a criminal history.

They merely tell you that to get you off their case. You have to understand that these people are in a call center and will say anything to you if they don't know the real reason (so you don't waste their time), just so they can get rid of you.

Timeline

They merely tell you that to get you off their case. You have to understand that these people are in a call center and will say anything to you if they don't know the real reason (so you don't waste their time), just so they can get rid of you.

i actually got that in the mail last friday because i had written them a letter a few weeks ago and that was their response...

Timeline

i actually got that in the mail last friday because i had written them a letter a few weeks ago and that was their response...

Ok, well then perhaps I spoke too soon. If that's their official response. Though, it's hard to believe.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't think this has anything to do with criminal background check.

DS-230 is part of criminal background (you know where you have to answer questions to your past)

I keep saying this again...by gosh I feel tired from this...

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Well, when you submitted I-130 to USCIS they will run your application (petitioner name only) against 3 of their database for background check and criminal history (if your name matches someone else ....good luck because they will put your case aside for further investigation).

Where as DS-230 is biographic of beneficiary only, since this person is not in USA they(USCIS) can't run a background check and this is why you required a POLICE background check from your country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.