VikingMamma

June 2012 I-130 Filers?

2,431 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone.....so i went to my congressman's office yesterday for some help, there office has a direct number to the service center actually its called the congressional liason number...not the costumer service place we usually call...she asked the officer about my case and the first thing he said was that they are running 9months behind on I-130s he then said that they re-sent the package that was returned to them the other day...(that was in my previous post about 3days ago) he said my case is under review they have some issues with my case and ishoukd wait to see whats in the package and then follow through with the directions....so basically my case is under review...

Hello Everyone.....so i went to my congressman's office yesterday for some help, there office has a direct number to the service center actually its called the congressional liason number...not the costumer service place we usually call...she asked the officer about my case and the first thing he said was that they are running 9months behind on I-130s he then said that they re-sent the package that was returned to them the other day...(that was in my previous post about 3days ago) he said my case is under review they have some issues with my case and ishoukd wait to see whats in the package and then follow through with the directions....so basically my case is under review...

At least you know where you stand... just wait for the package and see what's the issue, might just be something small.. keep ur fingers crossed... on another note... 9 months behind? wow now that's crazy

Timeline

Sounds like an RFE.

yes thats what i think too, although i am too sure what it means exactly when its under review....i dont want to sound stupid but do you think its just a RFE and thats it or they are thinking of a denial...

Filed: IR-5 Country: Germany
Timeline

yes thats what i think too, although i am too sure what it means exactly when its under review....i dont want to sound stupid but do you think its just a RFE and thats it or they are thinking of a denial...

Usually I-130 aren't denied. Very seldom.

And my personal take on denial is ...either fake documents have been submitted,

or documents from another country aren't clear enough.

But with the last one, they usually send an RFE to clear something up.

I know you worry. But when you get your RFE you can clear it.

I like to say don't worry, but these are just words.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Usually I-130 aren't denied. Very seldom.

And my personal take on denial is ...either fake documents have been submitted,

or documents from another country aren't clear enough.

But with the last one, they usually send an RFE to clear something up.

I know you worry. But when you get your RFE you can clear it.

I like to say don't worry, but these are just words.

I actually agree with Sonjat. Usually I-130s are rejected due to not getting the proper (and legal) paperwork in or fake documents were presented. Their main purpose is to make sure that you fit in the proper category for a visa. The interview is for checking on genuine intentions of marriage and criminal records and the like. If you're going to be denied, they'll most likely put you through the whole process first.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Timeline

I actually agree with Sonjat. Usually I-130s are rejected due to not getting the proper (and legal) paperwork in or fake documents were presented. Their main purpose is to make sure that you fit in the proper category for a visa. The interview is for checking on genuine intentions of marriage and criminal records and the like. If you're going to be denied, they'll most likely put you through the whole process first.

ok ....ill let you all know what happens

Filed: IR-5 Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree with you too.

I think the actual "denial" comes in the ending of the whole procedure.

Pretty much what ever they stamp your passport with "approval" or "denial"

Pretty scary thought. Our future and life is in the hands of others.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Guys, Baby Jesus answered my prayer I just got approved I can't believe it. I was so upset and discouraged today I didn't even wanted to talk to my hubby cuz I don't like letting him see me this way. So I decided to pray on my way home from work, i prayed the rosary twice. God bless us all that still waiting their approval and Baby Jesus please help us with the next step in his application.

Edited by 0kharol0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Guys, Baby Jesus answered my prayer I just got approved u can't believe it

That's awesome! Congrats! :dance::time:

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.