VikingMamma

June 2012 I-130 Filers?

2,431 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Guys This is the notice from my most recent service request....

The status of this service request is:

The required background checks for this case remain pending. We will render a decision as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision within 180 days of this inquiry, please contact csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Timeline

That's the standard 'please go away' response.

Who are they doing background checks on, if its me it shouldnt take that long i am a US citizen and if its my husband he's in the islands it doesnt take 8months to do a background check....I am going to seek my congressmans help now...it may not do much however im not going to just sit like a duck....i've had enough of this waiting....i understand you guys at vermont have no choice now since vermont is still processing may and june but California center is processing August so i need to get my approval...

Does he have a relatively common name/surname? This can hold things up if they get a hit on the database from someone with the same name. I've seen people be put into Administrative Processing for 18 months after the interview simply because they had a common name.

Timeline

Does he have a relatively common name/surname? This can hold things up if they get a hit on the database from someone with the same name. I've seen people be put into Administrative Processing for 18 months after the interview simply because they had a common name.

His first name is common but I dont know how common the last name is....its not that common here in the states but it might be in jamaica...( its Peart...Pronounced Pear-T. have you ever heard that name before?

Timeline

Yes, it's a British surname so is far more common in the UK. The thing is, if checks are outstanding there's little you can do at this point :(

Oh well....He just did a police record in jamaica and its valid for one year maybe i should send that to Immigration it might help them figure out who he is and what to look for...i think any thing is better than doing nothing at this point....he has no criminal history there so i know thats not a problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They do criminal record checks on the USC, and other checks with FBI, CIA, NSA databases. What nationality is you husband?

I just found out that someone in the US has the exact same name as me and they are a sex offender. Great! You think this could cause problems or do you think that they are usually fairly quick at sorting out people with the same names?

They seem to be fairly notorious. I typed my name into google and criminal beside it and they came up all over the internet. Obviously it's a pic of someone else, but still.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Administrative Processing is generally for those that flag something in a terrorist database, or have (I hate to say this but its true) Muslim sounding names. Youll be fine.

Timeline

I just found out that someone in the US has the exact same name as me and they are a sex offender. Great! You think this could cause problems or do you think that they are usually fairly quick at sorting out people with the same names?

They seem to be fairly notorious. I typed my name into google and criminal beside it and they came up all over the internet. Obviously it's a pic of someone else, but still.

I would think that the fact that a birth certificate with additional information concering ones birth would have made it easier to sort since place of birth and mother's maiden name ETC...is included on the certificate....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I thought the same thing. But as you noticed. Same waiting time. Same progress route. The only difference for me in the end, I get the permanent card. (Not the 2 year)

Ya, I noticed we were in the same boat. Crappy situation to be in a more frustrating than anyone else can understand. Good luck to you and I am thinking about you and your approval. Hopefully coming VERY soon.

Timeline

Ya, I noticed we were in the same boat. Crappy situation to be in a more frustrating than anyone else can understand. Good luck to you and I am thinking about you and your approval. Hopefully coming VERY soon.

Sonjat are you the petitioner?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.