VikingMamma

June 2012 I-130 Filers?

2,431 posts in this topic

hello everyone!

just a question. do you think it will slow down the process if my husband has a previous marriage and that was 7 years ago? will it affect the approval of the petition? he has also 3 kids that are dependent to him but the two live with their mom and the other is with him. also, i find out that he previously applied for a fiance visa before for his x but that was 2 years ago.

i understand our situation is kinda complicated. but i want to think positive. this long wait is really tough.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

hello everyone!

just a question. do you think it will slow down the process if my husband has a previous marriage and that was 7 years ago? will it affect the approval of the petition? he has also 3 kids that are dependent to him but the two live with their mom and the other is with him. also, i find out that he previously applied for a fiance visa before for his x but that was 2 years ago.

i understand our situation is kinda complicated. but i want to think positive. this long wait is really tough.

Well, I'm not a lawyer but I think any petition filed is inactive with more than a year, USCIS will consider abandon and case will be terminated. I don't foresee any issues that would delay your process of getting approve, but be prepare for many questions in the interview with consular.

Well, I'm not a lawyer but I think any petition filed is inactive with more than a year, USCIS will consider abandon and case will be terminated. I don't foresee any issues that would delay your process of getting approve, but be prepare for many questions in the interview with consular.

thank you for the reply. my husband already told me about the reasons and been honest with me about his past but i'll ask him again. he's actually planning to go with me during the interview but i don't know if it's allowed if not required by the embassy.

hello everyone!

lemajeca, the previous marriage will not affect the petition at all (trust me I had two of those and just got approved today). What could slow it down is that he previously applied for a visa and they will have to check to see what happened with that.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

lemajeca, the previous marriage will not affect the petition at all (trust me I had two of those and just got approved today). What could slow it down is that he previously applied for a visa and they will have to check to see what happened with that.

thank you for your reply. what you've said helps a lot. my husband said he just applied for the petition but didn't continue the process. besides it was more than two years ago.

many things are going into my mind. i think i just have to relax and trust our lawyer. can't wait to see any june 20th and beyond, filers to get approved. my husband is going through some health problems and it makes me feel sad that i'm here can't do anything personal to take care of him. I think i'll leave it all to the Almighty.

thank you guys for all your replies.

:thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't forget they also updated their processing time too. It was 6.2, and now raising to 7 months for VSC and 6.8 for CSC.

Anyone with PD within 2 weeks of June 4 you're probably in luck, for those filed at later date, be prepare for a long haul. :angry: And :no: it's NOT A JOKE.

7 months! HAHA!! I wish!! :)

Those processing times are irrelevant. They only show the average over the past x number of months. It will have no bearing on reality.

The only numbers that matter are the ones on the spreadsheet, and even those are only updated once a month.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to tell you all that my date is June 14th and my 130 was approved yesterday (finally). My husband said, "really? that quick?" ....lol

I-130 mailed: 6/11/12

NOA1: 6/14/12

Touched: 6/19/12

and so we wait

event.png

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to tell you all that my date is June 14th and my 130 was approved yesterday (finally). My husband said, "really? that quick?" ....lol

That was just too :rofl: .......congrat to you!!!.

Okay, we got August and September approval.

State of Maine got a snow storm approaching this weekend.

Good enough reason not to be there just yet.

Were they VSC filers ???.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone!

:dance: CONGRATS!!! :):time:

Please disregard my previous message. I didn't understand the message on the online case status system properly. Thank you.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yesterday, my wife called Vermont customer care. some lady picked up the call after some wait. on inquired, we were told that they are approving June 04 and nearby cases. she insisted that we should get decision withing 1-2 weeks.

lets see what happens.

Edited by Recl12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.